• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116500 Daytona ARF/Noob V3 wedding

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Is a Prof Xtal realy wasted money on the Daytona?
Well, you know what opinions are like... Anyway, I think my Daytona looks super-sexy with one.

Edit: And talking of opinions... I personally think that (having tried it, to no noticeable effect whatsoever apart from making the bracelet... oily) soaking a bracelet in penetrating and baby oil for days is a total waste of time and oil. But, if it makes you happy - knock yourself out.

Last edited:
Reactions: tmp2018

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Well, you know what opinions are like... Anyway, I think my Daytona looks super-sexy with one.

Edit: And talking of opinions... I personally think that (having tried it, to no noticeable effect whatsoever apart from making the bracelet... oily) soaking a bracelet in penetrating and baby oil for days is a total waste of time and oil. But, if it makes you happy - knock yourself out.

I couldn't agree more, there is nothing you can do to the Noob bracelet that would make it suck any less :)

Reactions: Teris and p0pperini

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
Ii have one Prof Xtal on order should I use it on the black or the Panda Daytona?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Ii have one Prof Xtal on order should I use it on the black or the Panda Daytona?
That’s an interesting question. I don’t have a Prof crystal on either of my white dial Daytonas, so I can’t say for sure how much better their dials dial could look with one. And WRT my black dial Daytonas, the Prof crystal is on the one that has a gen dial... So any sort of properly objective comparison is impossible.

IMO the black dials have more elements that “pop” - the glossy black dial surface, the silver chrono rings, and the silver markers, hands etc. against the black dial. All of this - and how good the gen dial looks with the Prof, makes me think the black dial benefits greatly from the Prof. The white dials have less visual contrast, so maybe wouldn’t benefit as much.

But as I write, I’m aware that I prefer the black dial Daytona over the white anyway - so that’s almost certainly influencing my opinion. Therefore my advice would be... put it on your favorite, if you have one. :)

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
My Noob V3 116500 Panda ist in work and the moment my watchsmith told me that the CF becel does not fit and he could spin it with the fingers.
He now took the becel from the ARF which worked better but the watch is now only waterresisstnt to 30m (100ft)!
Any ideas where to get a seal which fits the Noob and the CF becel to get it watertight?
Thank you for your help.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
My Noob V3 116500 Panda ist in work and the moment my watchsmith told me that the CF becel does not fit and he could spin it with the fingers.
He now took the becel from the ARF which worked better but the watch is now only waterresisstnt to 30m (100ft)!
Any ideas where to get a seal which fits the Noob and the CF becel to get it watertight?
Thank you for your help.

30m is quite normal for those daytonas. its not ideal but its also not super bad.

my CF bezel fit without any mods, idk whats wrong with yours.

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
My bacel is marked with CF on the backside.
Noob and ARF are changeable but do not fit as good as if it is originally.
With the original becel the watch is 100m watertight.
I will go with the original becel and a paint mod wit car acrylic or a Molotow pen.
Any experience on how long this paintmods hold up?

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
My bacel is marked with CF on the backside.
Noob and ARF are changeable but do not fit as good as if it is originally.
With the original becel the watch is 100m watertight.
I will go with the original becel and a paint mod wit car acrylic or a Molotow pen.
Any experience on how long this paintmods hold up?

I've never heard about the interchangeability problem and neither of a rep Daytona with 100m watertightness. Highest I've seen was 70m. Who is your modder?

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
My Daytonas are moded by Dommi.
He is now changeing the bezes to how the watches came.
Two other Noob Daytonas from my friends came from the watchsmith of my TD in Germany with proofing protocol to 100m after service.

I am a little bit frustrated because some of the parts I bought do not match as it was planned!

I bougt 3 CF becels for me and friends and one of mine seems to be 0,4mm off it could be used on the ARF but not on the Noob

Shit happens!

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
My Daytonas are moded by Dommi.
He is now changeing the bezes to how the watches came.
Two other Noob Daytonas from my friends came from the watchsmith of my TD in Germany with proofing protocol to 100m after service.

I am a little bit frustrated because some of the parts I bought do not match as it was planned!

I bougt 3 CF becels for me and friends and one of mine seems to be 0,4mm off it could be used on the ARF but not on the Noob

Shit happens!

I had to use a press to get my CF bezel on, something must be off

Bellatorseo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/3/20
hmm i just purchased a noob v3 and CF Bezel. JTIme is going to install the CF bezel before shipping the watch. i hope he doesn't have issues with the swap. and i sure hope i don't get a watch with a bezel that misfitted.

is this a common issue?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
hmm i just purchased a noob v3 and CF Bezel. JTIme is going to install the CF bezel before shipping the watch. i hope he doesn't have issues with the swap. and i sure hope i don't get a watch with a bezel that misfitted.

is this a common issue?

No it is not. CF bezel fits perfect on Noob, I have 2 of them. But I also use gen gaskets.

Reactions: Bellatorseo

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Y
- I have many parts within the Noob 4130 changed to gen, but in order to maintain reliability, smooth winding, better power reserve and longer life, at least change the following parts to gen

- Complete autowind module (or at least the Reversing wheels)
- Barrel w/mainspring
- Ratchet wheel

I know this is an old thread but I just found it today. Doing a 116520 build with some gen parts (crystal, dial, bezel, hands, crown, pushers). Also will follow your recommendations on putting in some gen movement parts that you recommended above. I am probably not good enough to find all of them so I will talk to my watchsmith. Thanks for the tips, mate