• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

On budget, best daytona? 116500

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
Noob - $378 or ARF V2 $478 ?

Which is good Daytona Ceramic if not going to the Noob $678 version among the above two mid-level options? Thanks.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
No offense, but If you can't afford a $700 watch, then who is going to believe that you have a $12,000 watch?

My advice: pick another watch, probably another brand that is more believable.

Reactions: r0b9502 and Logixa

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
No offense, but If you can't afford a $700 watch, then who is going to believe that you have a $12,000 watch?

My advice: pick another watch, probably another brand that is more believable.

Haha. I own the gen but just needs something to beat around when not moving in safe circles! ;)

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Haha. I own the gen but just needs something to beat around when not moving in safe circles! ;)

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

Not the answer I expected. Lets say I believe you. I still think my original answer would be valid. There are places that I know where I wouldn't want to go wearing a Daytona either. Just because I have a rep Daytona on doesn't change anything, I still don't want to go there. If I am going somewhere that I feel unsafe wearing an expensive watch I would still feel unsafe wearing a rep of that same watch. Just buy something else a bit more modest and then you don't have to worry.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Why don't you buy a 2nd hand one at M2M? If you conscious of spending another 200-300 USD. You can save around 150 on a 2nd hand. A lot of V2 is on sale and if you are not fussed about the wrong font bezel I think you are all set. Personally if you don't feel safe wearing a watch around, why draw attention to yourself? Wear something more discrete even if it's a rep.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

You’re just as likely to get shot / stabbed / mugged for your fake daytona as you are for the real one. Actually more likely as your going to be acting like more of a mark.

If you had a real one you would have it insured surely? And if you had a real one why are you worried about a saving couple of hundred bucks on a cheaper fake?

Last edited:

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
and if you have the gen 200-300 bucks are a big deal to you ?

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Noob - $378 or ARF V2 $478 ?

Which is good Daytona Ceramic if not going to the Noob $678 version among the above two mid-level options? Thanks.

The $378 Noob is likely no longer available.

If you never use the Chronograph, then the $478 ARF V2 is better in appearance and quality than the $678 Noob.

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
The $378 Noob is likely no longer available.

If you never use the Chronograph, then the $478 ARF V2 is better in appearance and quality than the $678 Noob.

Thanks, most likely will settle down with ARF V2.

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
You’re just as likely to get shot / stabbed / mugged for your fake daytona as you are for the real one. Actually more likely as your going to be acting like more of a mark.

If you had a real one you would have it insured surely? And if you had a real one why are you worried about a saving couple of hundred bucks on a cheaper fake?

Not the answer I expected. Lets say I believe you. I still think my original answer would be valid. There are places that I know where I wouldn't want to go wearing a Daytona either. Just because I have a rep Daytona on doesn't change anything, I still don't want to go there. If I am going somewhere that I feel unsafe wearing an expensive watch I would still feel unsafe wearing a rep of that same watch. Just buy something else a bit more modest and then you don't have to worry.

Good point.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
My rose gold ARF is on m2m at €190, all it needs is the caseback replating...and nobody sees that anyway

whalejonah

6/4/19
Think your best bet will be m2m, especially the noob/ARF hybrids which people sell after building their daytona with noob base and ARF dial/bezel/etc.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
You are saying 700 is expensive but 350 is ok eh? That is to throw it away, while you own a gen. I definitely can see some scenarios where this is plausible

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
$700 for the best possible rep with with a working chrono

$350 on a paperweight turd

I know what I’d choose gen or no gen. At least someone will buy the $700 noob m2m if you decide to sell, nobody is going to buy the shitter

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
$700 for the best possible rep with with a working chrono

$350 on a paperweight turd

I know what I’d choose gen or no gen. At least someone will buy the $700 noob m2m if you decide to sell, nobody is going to buy the shitter

Besides all the noise about pricing isn't better to suggest the right model for Daytona. I wasn't even aware cheaper ones chrono doesn't work. Just read my original post and reply to it if possible. Thanks

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Besides all the noise about pricing isn't better to suggest the right model for Daytona. I wasn't even aware cheaper ones chrono doesn't work. Just read my original post and reply to it if possible. Thanks

If you don’t care about the chrono and you are going purely on looks then the ARF is perfect