• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF Ref 114060 V2 vs Gen honset review

lfarcos

Renowned Member
30/4/16
Thank you tumad for your review, it’s a nice piece no doubt.

Based on your review, we can conclude that it is the best rep of the Sub 114060 so far.

In my opinion, this Sub ZZF v2 plus ARF bracelet must be the winner set, because the SEL would be improved, but I don’t know if the ARF bracelet fits to the ZZF v2. Anyone has tried it?

it would be very interesting if you could share more pics with us.

Thanks,
Regards

Last edited:

SRBJKU

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/19
Great review! Thanks very much for taking the time to do this. I am waiting my second set of QC pictures on this very watch. (The first watch had a miss aligned marker at 9.) I was planning to do a similar review with my friends 114060 when mine gets here. I hope my example is as nice as yours!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi
im not farmiliar with LEC

Fabulous review bro, your pics are exceptional. Thanks for the work. LEC is Laser Etched Crystal, the crown logo in the glass at 6 o'clock.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yep I like the review and the pics but can't agree with all findings! The crown height between a gen ND movement and an A2836 will surely be different?

This is true.

tumad Need a pic like this one bro. You can clearly see the stem height difference between a 2836 and a gen

Gen-BP-14-Medium.jpg

Lawny

23/7/19
UK
One of the best review/comparisons I have read. Thank you for taking the time and effort to post this!

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I just received mine, post man just Litterally dropped it. About to go out for dinner

Quickly. It’s quite nice, nice dial, most rounded dial markers I’ve seen since old bp dials. Still not quite there, may be indoor lighting

I think the Hour hand may be too close to the dial though, op might be able to confirm with pics.

Bezel looks a bit weird with the deep scallops, insert engravings are dull. reminds me of the old noobs everyone got mods on.

Will have a look in more detail tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reptime101

15/9/18
I just received mine, post man just Litterally dropped it. About to go out for dinner

Quickly. It’s quite nice, nice dial, most rounded dial markers I’ve seen since old bp dials. Still not quite there, may be indoor lighting

I think the Hour hand may be too close to the dial though, op might be able to confirm with pics.

Bezel looks a bit weird with the deep scallops, insert engravings are dull. reminds me of the old noobs everyone got mods on.

interested to hearing your rating, OPs review makes it seem like its pretty much gen haha

Last edited:

rxc330

Known Member
24/7/19

god damn these ceramic inserts

fradic

Renowned Member
16/9/11
Man this was a cool review. Kinda impressive, review and a heads up against the real in a point system, I liked it.

shortlegs

31/5/19
Great review and photos!

​​​​​​​If I may ask, is it possible to have photos comparing the lug shape with the gen? To see if how much boxier they are? This and the sels are probably the easier more obvious areas of differences between the gen and the rep.

Reactions: KJ2020

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Excellent review, thanks for taking the time!

My only slight disappointment was that you scored the Gen 10/10 every time - I was really hoping you'd throw in a 2/10 somewhere as punishment for Rolex limiting availability in ADs!

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
I need a zzf v2 vs arf v3 vs gen review now -.-

ZZF V2 or ARF V3.

ZZF hands are not that nice and also very close to the dial. The rest looks really good.

ARF hands are nice! The LUGs are a bit fat.

Both are valid options with different flaws.
It really depends with what flaws you can live personally.