• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona 116519 Metallic Bezel Not To Be Found

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Hello guys,

i was wondering if you knew where to find a good aftermarket 116519 White gold bezel, All the rep bezels that i've seen are either made for 7750 daytonas (so the silhouette is all wrong, too steep, it should be flatter) or the font is absolutely wrong, numbers too small, and "UNITS PER HOUR" is badly made as well.

Please save a suffering soul! i don't want to spend 1500$ for a gen one.

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Maybe you ask Micasol for his source, I believe he had access to good aftermarket ones
Cheers

Reactions: XLR8R

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Beside the font, WG bezel doesn't have the same colour as steel. So that I could be an issue if you are particular about your mod. If you are serious invest in one, you won't lose money on it (unless is all scratched up or you paid some crazy amount) as you can sell it back as parts.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Beside the font, WG bezel doesn't have the same colour as steel. So that I could be an issue if you are particular about your mod. If you are serious invest in one, you won't lose money on it (unless is all scratched up or you paid some crazy amount) as you can sell it back as parts.

i actually have to disagree with that one, i have a gen 116519, every time i compare them i can't seem to find any particular difference in color, reflections are basically the same and if you asked a random guy about my 116519 would never guess it to be white gold. it's the same bright metallic shine.

i don't really want to invest that amount of money in a WG bezel, i'd rather go for a nice aftermarket one

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
There is one available from China on Ebay that is not bad but it has a major flaw. The numerals are not aligned properly, especially at 120, it falls on about 31 minutes. I asked the seller for a refund, no response. Paypal took action, no response so I was ultimately awarded a PP reversal.

15753484054580.jpg

Later I found this one, it looked OK but I never pulled the trigger on it, just got too involved in other projects. AFAIK it's still available.

https://watchesparts.com/products/r...-stainless-steel-with-black-numerals-engraved

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
There is one available from China on Ebay that is not bad but it has a major flaw. The numerals are not aligned properly, especially at 120, it falls on about 31 minutes. I asked the seller for a refund, no response. Paypal took action, no response so I was ultimately awarded a PP reversal.

15753484054580.jpg

Later I found this one, it looked OK but I never pulled the trigger on it, just got too involved in other projects. AFAIK it's still available.

https://watchesparts.com/products/r...-stainless-steel-with-black-numerals-engraved

thank you for your answer, yes, the one you sent the link of seems very nice, a tad expensive for a piece of metal, but it looks very good!!

Reactions: KJ2020

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi KJ2020

This shop is the Ali Baba's cave!

Looking at theother products they are offering but I'm wondering how the quality is, any experience with this shop ?

Thanks

No, never purchased from them. Very responsive to emails though, and he put up a new pic for me on that Daytona bezel. The previous pic was on a very low angle and I couldn't tell for sure if the numbers were aligned. I might still buy one.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
i actually have to disagree with that one, i have a gen 116519, every time i compare them i can't seem to find any particular difference in color, reflections are basically the same and if you asked a random guy about my 116519 would never guess it to be white gold. it's the same bright metallic shine.

i don't really want to invest that amount of money in a WG bezel, i'd rather go for a nice aftermarket one

I have this franken Noob via M2M with a gen WG bezel. When worn I can still see the colour differences (minor but you can) when the bezel doesn't blend in with the case.

I'm our family we also own WG Daytona and steel 116520 and 16520. I can assured you when you put them side you can tell. I originally can't notice the differences either, but over time I can't unsee the differences. It might be subjective but thats my opinion.

In time I think the rep bezel may annoy you as is such dominate piece (compared to say a clasp or case back). It is a part you can get your money back (bought at a fair price) so for me is a no risk decision.

Best of luck with your search.

1049fc30a131ed913fa4fa2dc2628d78.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I have this franken Noob via M2M with a gen WG bezel. When worn I can still see the colour differences (minor but you can) when the bezel doesn't blend in with the case.

I'm our family we also own WG Daytona and steel 116520 and 16520. I can assured you when you put them side you can tell. I originally can't notice the differences either, but over time I can't unsee the differences. It might be subjective but thats my opinion.

In time I think the rep bezel may annoy you as is such dominate piece (compared to say a clasp or case back). It is a part you can get your money back (bought at a fair price) so for me is a no risk decision.

Best of luck with your search.

1049fc30a131ed913fa4fa2dc2628d78.jpg

I agree there is a noticeable color difference between Rolex SS and WG. It may be more visible in pics than to the eye, someone posted them side by side, it was quite apparent.

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
e4hJ1.jpg

Not my photo, however I save this as part of my research from TRF sometimes back.
I'm sure when put side-by-side one can see some difference (in good lighting), but take a trained eyes to spot them in the wild

Reactions: mari115

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
KJ2020 philwongnz
Here is the comparison between my 116519 and my 116520, the reflections were the same in basically all light conditions, and i really couldn't tell much difference while handling them in person. I wouldn't be able to discern between WG and SS in the wild, the difference is incredibly subtle if there even is any:

2019-12-15-22-42-47.png

2019-12-15-22-43-19.png

2019-12-15-22-43-29.png

Last edited:
Reactions: jcher

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
There's a subtle hint of yellow and a visual "softness" with WG. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying is an easy tell or you might get called out in the wild - as that's not my point. Your original post seems to suggest you are very detailed when you mentioned font and size, where in my opinion I think you care more of the build to your satisfaction than about being called out in real life. Unless someone got hold of the watch in front of them closed up, it would be very hard to spot the bezel has the wrong font when it is being worn instead.

BTW which model are you building if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
There's a subtle hint of yellow and a visual "softness" with WG. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying is an easy tell or you might get called out in the wild - as that's not my point. Your original post seems to suggest you are very detailed when you mentioned font and size, where in my opinion I think you care more of the build to your satisfaction than about being called out in real life. Unless someone got hold of the watch in front of them closed up, it would be very hard to spot the bezel has the wrong font when it is being worn instead.

BTW which model are you building if you don't mind me asking?

i was trying to build a copy of the one you see in the pics i sent, it's incredible imho.
Being called out is not an option, it won't happen.
The thing is that imo the font of such an important part of the watch is fundamental, it has to be as close as possible, not just because of the font, but because of a general proportions factor, if you know the watch and see it even quickly, you won't notice fonts or color, you could just notice its general proportions as a whole, and a big element such as the bezel font is very important regarding these proportions

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
e4hJ1.jpg

Not my photo, however I save this as part of my research from TRF sometimes back.
I'm sure when put side-by-side one can see some difference (in good lighting), but take a trained eyes to spot them in the wild
When I first saw this photo, I can tell straight away the bottom is WG. Then I realised I was right when WG has the flat underside lugs.

Thanks for sharing the photo, it does show the difference with that lighting.

Reactions: KJ2020