• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help with confirming movement in 5 digit sub rep.

CHendy84

Horology Curious
3/6/19
Hello all,
so I purchased the LF 16610 sub from InTime (the 198 dollar special). It was advertised with the a2836 movement and after owning it a while I’ve decided to mod it. Here’s where I’m stuck in regard to what it actually is and it’s movement. There isn’t a lot of info out there for the LF model but it seems strikingly similar to the BP model (wrong pearl/low hand height/depth rating print’s spacing of a no date 5 digit sub. i.e “= 300 m”). The biggest issue is what movement it has. I don’t have pictures handy but it was advertised as 2836 yet...it has a low hand stack like a 2824 h2, the minute hand catches the noon marker sometimes, the date quick flips at midnight exactly and the crown height isn’t low on the case but more centered like a 2824. Miyota 9015 is ruled out and it’s def not a rep 3135 movement because the time movement is that of an eta. Sorry if this is a long winded post but wanted to be detailed to see if anyone had any experience with either a 2824 that quick set the date or a 2836 that had an h2 hand stack(both seem unlikely). Thought I would ask the collective knowledge before taking it to a smith to explore on.

thanks again guys and gals,

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
The instant date change is usually characteristic to the A2836, while the A2824 has slow progressive change.
Can you post a pic of the movement?

Hor-Fan

Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Check the back of the movement for the #S280, it could be a Horlogerie Schild 2824 clone which does have an instant date change.

CHendy84

Horology Curious
3/6/19
Thanks for the tip. I’m currently at work but can post some pictures of it tonight. Would that particular movement be typical in a lower tiered rep? Thanks again.

Hor-Fan

Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
It’s shown up in some BPs. It’s claimed to be Swiss made movement, but Horlogerie Schild is Chinese owned and operated. They import the Chinese parts into Switzerland and assemble the movements there in order to claim Swissness. They also claim that it is not an ETA clone, because they added an additional jewel to the autowind module- making it a Sellita clone.

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
It’s shown up in some BPs. It’s claimed to be Swiss made movement, but Horlogerie Schild is Chinese owned and operated. They import the Chinese parts into Switzerland and assemble the movements there in order to claim Swissness. They also claim that it is not an ETA clone, because they added an additional jewel to the autowind module- making it a Sellita clone.

Hor-Fan, I just wanted to say your knowledge of movements is incredible! I appreciated some help you gave me earlier in recognizing a Shanghai 2824 movement in a so called high-beat watch . Your knowledge is a real asset to RWI :)

Reactions: Hor-Fan

CHendy84

Horology Curious
3/6/19
Hor-Fan thanks again, i will check tonight. To your knowledge if it’s in fact that movement can I still add the ETA h4 Pinion kit to it? The movement itself has been fantastic and keeps great time. Just annoying when the minute hand catches the 12 marker.

Hor-Fan

Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
I can’t say for certain as I’ve never played with one IRL, but I think it may be possible- you won’t know until you try,