• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is my Noob Daytona dead on arrival?

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Jesus guys I’m an idiot. Thanks. Lol. Wait so I have to run the chrono the whole time the watch runs?

Haha, I like noobs like you, no idea what you’re buying. Or what’s going on. What made you buy the Daytona if you know nothing about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I wonder if anyone has ever took a gen back to Rolex saying it’s not working for this same reason?

Of course, there’s stupid people with money to spend everywhere.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
all they care about is the crown on the dial to show off how big their dick is

Like most of us here then, but we’re buying the fakes adding another layer to the narrative. We’re just Pretending to have both LOL

Reactions: KJ2020

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
lol, so true, people buy Skydwellers only because they cost a lot, and then they don't even know how to set the month or the GMT AHAHHAHA
I rarely need to time a standing quarter mile run, so my chrono watches are pretty pointless. I own four GMT-Masters but I can never remember how to read the GMT hand... I don’t care - I don’t need to track two time zones simultaneously. Plus, my phone has apps that are better for doing any of this stuff. The reason I buy these watches is they’re lovely to look at (and they show me what time it is, at a glance).

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
You should have made a post in the TDs section explaining how you got scammed and demanded a refund

Reactions: SuperLory

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Ahhh , OK , i was wondering what one does in a Tesla if it runs out of "gas"

My first comment would have been "it will drive you to the recharging station prior to you running out of charge".

But reading Tucker 's link its what i thought... The last time I ran out of gas and was stranded was when many people's grandchildren were born. The past millennium. Thats because I had a truck, a legit Ranger clone, which did not have notification of miles left to stranded. Just the fuel guage which I felt like testing. A very simplistic notification of the early millennium BMWs was enough for me to not get stranded. Even when tested to within my tolerance limits.

With current technology, I will still say "dont worry brother, it will drive you to the charging station, else, it will call the tow truck for you"

Reactions: Raddave

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
Haha, I like noobs like you, no idea what you’re buying. Or what’s going on. What made you buy the Daytona if you know nothing about it?

I do know the history of the watch. How it was a poor seller for a long time. How they originally used a modified zenith 400 movement. That Noob's 4130 clone is an amazing example of a clone movement. I know that the bezel is used for to convert a timed interval to units of speed per hour. But I didn't know how to work the buttons or that the small second sub dial was the seconds dial. Honestly, if I were to pick a tool watch though I'd pick a GMT or a Submariner for fitting into my lifestyle. I can't believe how beautifully made this rep is. that's why I bought it.

PBK

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/17
Dude, you better also learn how to start stop and reset chronometer before you touch the buttons.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Dude, you better also learn how to start stop and reset chronometer before you touch the buttons.

i think you mean a chronograph ....lol

ssouthall6

10/10/13
It amazes me, that someone spends 700 bucks on a watch without even knowing its most basic functions.

This is why I won't buy the gmt. No matter how many times people explain it to me, I don't have the energy to compute. And I'll break it for sure.

Silverg

I'm Pretty Popular
8/11/08
Us
I do know the history of the watch. How it was a poor seller for a long time. How they originally used a modified zenith 400 movement. That Noob's 4130 clone is an amazing example of a clone movement. I know that the bezel is used for to convert a timed interval to units of speed per hour. But I didn't know how to work the buttons or that the small second sub dial was the seconds dial. Honestly, if I were to pick a tool watch though I'd pick a GMT or a Submariner for fitting into my lifestyle. I can't believe how beautifully made this rep is. that's why I bought it.

You "knew" all of this but didn't know the running seconds are at the 6 subdial?

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think

it's beautiful indeed, wear it in good health

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
This is why I won't buy the gmt. No matter how many times people explain it to me, I don't have the energy to compute. And I'll break it for sure.

hopefully there won't be problems like this thanks to the new VR3185 and SH3186, hopefully they will be reliable enough to be subjected to normal use

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
It’s a great watch op, enjoy it and enjoy the forum

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12

I greatly appreciated true gmt, when I was traveling a lot for work.

champsclary

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/10/19
Originally posted by chubbychaser911 View Post
Wait so I have to run the chrono the whole time the watch runs?
Well, you could do that - it depends how lucky you’re feeling, now you’ve discovered your Daytona’s alive...

Even owners of gen chrono watches are aware of the somewhat flaky nature of mechanical chrono movements. So, use it very much at your own risk.

But it is nice to see all the hands working - that’s the wonder of the Noob super clone 4130! (Mine broke about 5 minutes after I got it...)

Junior member here: Is there any Daytona rep that have more simple movement, faux sub dials functions but with all time running secondhand in main dial? I know everyone will say it's not 1:1 or easy giveaway, but who cares? I really love the daytona asthetic but It's a deal breaker for me seeing that main secondhand dial stuck in one position. That's why I stay away with automatic chronos.