• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is my Noob Daytona dead on arrival?

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
I tried that, but those douche-bags just made fun of me and would not give me a straight answer. I think it must be defective, should have given it the RL.

If I were you I would open a thread on Reddit and complain there.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Lol, gotta love noobs!!! That was one of my first watches too, though the ARF version when it first came out a couple of years ago. I remember when I got it I was about to dash off an angry email to my TD because my pushers looked nothing like the ones I'd seen all over the forum - the fucker had clearly sent me a defective watch, taking advantage of my naivety!!!!

Then I realised the pushers screwed in and once I did that, they looked like all the photographs I'd seen.......

Reactions: KJ2020 and Hor-Fan

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
Well, you could do that - it depends how lucky you’re feeling, now you’ve discovered your Daytona’s alive...

Even owners of gen chrono watches are aware of the somewhat flaky nature of mechanical chrono movements. So, use it very much at your own risk.

But it is nice to see all the hands working - that’s the wonder of the Noob super clone 4130! (Mine broke about 5 minutes after I got it...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh shit was it able to be serviced and start working again?

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
I wonder if anyone has ever took a gen back to Rolex saying it’s not working for this same reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Oh shit was it able to be serviced and start working again?
Yes, I sent it to ado213 (watchsmith here on RWI - UK based) along with an ARF V2 and he fixed and serviced the Noob and combined the two watches into a super-rep panda.

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
It amazes me, that someone spends 700 bucks on a watch without even knowing its most basic functions.

Reactions: SuperLory

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
It amazes me, that someone spends 700 bucks on a watch without even knowing its most basic functions.
I have to say that the immobile seconds hand on a Daytona is a constant disappointment to me - it does make the watch look like it’s stopped. That’s probably why I only own 7.

And, to confess, I had the same “wait is this busted?” reaction the very first time I unboxed a chrono...

And, when I first bought a Sub, I PMed the owner, confused and annoyed that I couldn’t pull the crown out. He explained that I needed to unscrew it first...

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020 and stufuse

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16

I guarantee you that there are a lot of people out there who spend 20x times as much (for this particular watch) without knowing shit about its basic functions
all they care about is the crown on the dial to show off how big their dick is

or do you honestly think people driving 100k$ cars know how a transmission or a 4 stroke engine works or can tell the difference between 4, 6,8, 10,12 cylinders other than its more

Last edited:
Reactions: p0pperini

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
And, when I first bought a Sub, I PMed the owner, confused and annoyed that I couldn’t pull the crown out. He explained that I needed to unscrew it first...

was that before or after you used your pliers lol

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I guarantee you that there are a lot of people out there who spend 20x times as much (for this particular watch) without knowing shit about its basic functions
all they care about is the crown on the dial to show off how big their dick is

or do you honestly think people driving 100k$ cars know how a transmission or a 4 stroke engine works or can tell the difference between 4, 6,8, 10,12 cylinders other than its more

lol, so true, people buy Skydwellers only because they cost a lot, and then they don't even know how to set the month or the GMT AHAHHAHA