• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is my Noob Daytona dead on arrival?

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
Just got this in the mail today. I took off the plastic and marveled at how nice it is. I unscrewed the crown to the first position and gave it a wind. Screwed it back in and no life. I pulled it out to position 2 and the time setting works. Am I missing something?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
How many winds did you give it? You do know the seconds hand is the 6 o'clock subdial right? The seconds hand is in a different place from your wrapped pic to your wrist shot. Also there is no date so time setting in position 2 is correct.

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
I gave it probably 30 winds. And I don’t think the seconds hand moved. Sorry for the quality of the picture while it was wrapped. I could only upload in medium quality. But I think if you look closely the small end of the second hand is pointing at six o clock and what you’re seeing is the minute hand.

Qatar974

16/11/18
Qatar
I gave it probably 30 winds. And I don’t think the seconds hand moved. Sorry for the quality of the picture while it was wrapped. I could only upload in medium quality. But I think if you look closely the small end of the second hand is pointing at six o clock and what you’re seeing is the minute hand.

Second hand is on the lower subdial, what is not moving is the second hand for the chronograph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
Jesus guys I’m an idiot. Thanks. Lol. Wait so I have to run the chrono the whole time the watch runs?

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Jesus guys I’m an idiot. Thanks. Lol. Wait so I have to run the chrono the whole time the watch runs?

Why would you do that? The "Real" seconds are at 6, chrono seconds are only when you use the chrono

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Wait so I have to run the chrono the whole time the watch runs?

Well, you could do that - it depends how lucky you’re feeling, now you’ve discovered your Daytona’s alive...

Even owners of gen chrono watches are aware of the somewhat flaky nature of mechanical chrono movements. So, use it very much at your own risk.

But it is nice to see all the hands working - that’s the wonder of the Noob super clone 4130! (Mine broke about 5 minutes after I got it...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
Lol. I cannot believe I didn’t know this. So the big second hand stays still on the dial and the little hand at 6 is the actual seconds hand. This is not only my first replica but my first chrono. It makes a lot of sense that the chrono second hand is on the big dial since it works with the tachymeter

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Lol. I cannot believe I didn’t know this. So the big second hand stays still on the dial and the little hand at 6 is the actual seconds hand. This is not only my first replica but my first chrono. It makes a lot of sense that the chrono second hand is on the big dial since it works with the tachymeter

this should also explain all the pics that you saw untill today that had the chrono hand always in the same position at 12 lol

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17