• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel insert ‘mod’ experimentation

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Heres a few pics of my v6s, just done in the renault platinum. Pretty pleased with it! After an hour of trying to get the pearl out without cracking the insert i gave up and just put a tiny piece of rodico over it and scraped around the sides afterwards. 

AqJ8b.jpg

AqV7p.jpg

AIZwt.jpg

AqxLi.jpg

AIDYF.jpg

Aqg35.jpg

AIjc2.jpg

AIHCn.jpg

AI3iE.jpg

AIKS3.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Just received my Hulk and SD43 back from ussdassein, and IMHO his plating+edges mod definitely upgrades an insert to gen-like.
Very nice!!
0238c61984b758a92c22f02f6dad6a72.jpg

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Little update on the paint, 2 months of daily abuse and it still looks good as new. In the past the paint pen had started to look patchy in about half this time. Im not easy on the sub as its my daily beater but im very happy with the results.
mYpS8.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
This is awesome. The question is... how does it hold up. Are you going to put these on watches that are out in the real world so we can see how they hold up? That would be awesome.

how many different inserts did you use for the test paints?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
This is awesome. The question is... how does it hold up. Are you going to put these on watches that are out in the real world so we can see how they hold up? That would be awesome.

how many different inserts did you use for the test paints?

Honestly its time proven and tested. I did the batman insert as my test mule and stripped it with ascetone between each colour. Only thing that was hard to strip was the paint pen funnily enough. Kind of ironic because i have paint pen modded an insert in the past and it lasts maybe 2-3 months if your lucky.

The submariner i showed above is my daily beater. I wear it to work every day. It gets covered in oil, sweat and just a ton of general abuse thrown as it, and honestly it looks no different now than it did when i first did the paint. On top of that, if it did ever fade, it takes all of 20, minutes to take it off, dip it in ascetone, mount it on the box with double sided tape and give it a fresh coat.

Kj2020 killed it by figuring out this method. I dont doubt there is a better tone of silver out there somewhere but i only have so much space on my paint shelf for different tones of silver :p no your not getting the same effect as a ussd or sponge bob insert, but if your doing multiple watches the value is hard to beat here.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
I've had 2 watches with this mod, the SD43 I posted here + a Hulk. I handle my watches with care but in a "real life" way, meaning I do wear the watches, and honestly the sputter coating was holding on pretty good for the whole time I've had them.
Very good mod.

Last edited: