• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Bezel for Rolex Daytona116500 904L SS Noob V3

nasar73

26/8/18
Hi Guys,

I'm starting my first ever project and need some advice. I bought a Noob. V3 Daytona from Ryan.
I bought a genuine Rolex Crystal from a member here. I've read that the ARF dial and bezel is better than the noob. So I've just ordered a ARF V2 Daytona to source the dial and bezel.
HOWEVER, I've just learnt that I can order a Bezel from Puretime which will fit the Daytona.

My question is, is the Clean Factory Bezel good to order and replace on the Noob V3? Or I am better off going with the ARF V2 watch to source the parts.

Would appreciate some info on this.

Thanks

qualityazn

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
11/3/18
cf bezel hands down the best, however if you are going to source the arf regardless for the dial, its a close second

midnight_pasty

Known Member
11/6/17
a few members here have used the noob v3 as a base then modded it with the clean factory bezel,arf dial and arf bracelet then put the swapped out noob parts into the arf.with the gen crystal you will have one hell of a nice watch,post some pics here once its done please

Reactions: webby48 and nasar73

nasar73

26/8/18
Thanks qualityazn. Is the the ARF dial good to get? I will be happy with just a better bezel, if I can get away with the Noob dial?
I'm a genuine Rolex wearer... but not really been a fan of the Daytona. So this project is just for fun and it saves me money buying the real thing! I am on the waitlist, it's been 2 years so far!

nasar73

26/8/18
I also bought a Rolex Noob 116519 LN, can the Clean Bezel be used on this also.
The 116519 LN is stunning, though having issues getting the right straps for it.

Thanks for the help.

qualityazn

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
11/3/18
for the 116500 the arf dial is better though if you are going the cheap route and you dont have access to an experienced modder the noob v3 dial with a cf bezel is acceptable.

for the 116519 the noob dial is actually better than the arf, couples with a cf bezel it is sex

6-AC48760-B7-A2-4-EDD-97-A7-BD29-C8300-E90.jpg

qualityazn

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
11/3/18
in anticipation of your next question, the noob 116519 does not accept a bracelet. i changed that dial to an 116500 case in that image :)

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Noob dial is good enough but arf is better for 116500. It’s close though. If you’re on a budget I would take the noob base with cf bezel.

im going to write a guide for that in the next few days on what to mod with what budget.

Reactions: nasar73

nasar73

26/8/18
qualityazn OMG... that watch of yours is stunning!!!
I have spent £300 on straps and yet I can't get the fit right for the 116519LN. Was tempted to put a steel strap on it instead.
I will order 2 CF Bezel then and then use the dial from ARF. That should do it then.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Noob v3 bezel is pretty good now. How long the platinum lasts is a different question.

Ideally you want an ARF dial and gen crystal and gasket, if you're super anal like me CF bezel too. CF bezel is a step up without a doubt. A good choice for the 116519.

I think Angus can get TW bezel too, that's an option for those v2 owners on a budget. It's actually really hit the resale price of an ARF now, shame as cosmetically they're beautiful watches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

nasar73

26/8/18
Thank You All. Decided to get the CF Bezel for the Daytona's, a ARF Daytona to source the dial. Will upload when complete.

Reactions: Cheeps

irvin

21/9/15
SG
My new CF Bezel that I bought 2 weeks ago via m2m has just faded on the outer area, can see most along markers from 70-75

Extremely disappointed, I’ve been taking great care of it and did not came in touch with any liquid/acidic substances but still it ended up fading like the noob bezels. Feels like an big waste of time and money after all the effort to get the bezel.

Not sure if anyone else is on the same boat as me but I just wanted to leave it out there to let people know that the CF bezels isn’t fade proof like the Noob bezels.

UoR2Q.jpg

nasar73

26/8/18
Thanks for sharing. I just bought a CF bezel, waiting for delivery.

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
My new CF Bezel that I bought 2 weeks ago via m2m has just faded on the outer area, can see most along markers from 70-75

Extremely disappointed, I’ve been taking great care of it and did not came in touch with any liquid/acidic substances but still it ended up fading like the noob bezels. Feels like an big waste of time and money after all the effort to get the bezel.

Not sure if anyone else is on the same boat as me but I just wanted to leave it out there to let people know that the CF bezels isn’t fade proof like the Noob bezels.

UoR2Q.jpg

You’re sure its an CF bezel?
Have pictures from the backside of the bezel?

Sent from the RWI App

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
You guys sure the CF bezels are better than the ARF bezels?

Yeah they are. While the fonts are very accurate on both bezels - ARF markers/print is a bit too white to the eye. The CF has the platinum shine and the grey color shade (which becomes brighter with natural sunlight).

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
I was under the impression that ARF dial is far superior to the Noob one. Ok, there is no doubt that the print is crisper on the ARF but after checking out numerous gen 116500 pics in the 116500 owners club thread over at gen rolex forums I realised that ARF subdials are very visibly too thin. So now I am
not so sure anymore whether I want to go into getting an ARF watch, modding/cutting the dial edge for it to fit the Noob watch and have a watch with too thin subdials.

Similar story with CF bezel. Noob v3 has nice fonts, depth, it pisses me off how dark it is indoors but is CF any brighter in low light situations?

By now I managed to replace Noob’s incorrect crystal gasket and this simple mod made a huge difference. No more milky rim in the crystal and now the rehaut seems shallower and the crystal has that jewel like sparkle when light hits it.

Reactions: Mr.Swackhammer