• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where to Buy the BEST OF THE BEST Rolex Sub

Reynald

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
21/11/19
Hi all,

Just signed up so apologies in advance if this topic has already been covered.

I am in the market for a Rolex Submariner and GMT Master II (black face & dial). I'm happy to spend what's required in order to get the best of the best replica out there.

What are the suggestions? And where can i buy from? I am a total noob so I wouldn't know what movement is best, CHS vs ICHS etc etc.

thanks all!

Subdued

20/11/19
For submariners the latest model are ZZF, ARF Version3, and Noob Version10.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
There is no best, it keeps changing as assembly factories get new parts and part suppliers. Each new batch of parts leads to a new version with only minute and I mean minute differences from the last one. Yes there are advances in movements being more gen like but because the movements are new it leads to teething problems. All high end reps from factories like Noob, ARF, VRF etc are all high quality even the lower priced Regmariners from narikaa are superb. You will find the TDs here do not sell junk and 99.99999999999999% of the population cannot tell them apart from the real deal nor do they care.

Az901

10/11/19
https://youtu.be/KzxXCznf0j0

Guys which Sub is he using for comparison? Is it Noob v9? Any idea? Or is it ARF? I came across the vid while watching C master's vid lol

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Reynald

Supporter
21/11/19
There is no best, it keeps changing as assembly factories get new parts and part suppliers. Each new batch of parts leads to a new version with only minute and I mean minute differences from the last one. Yes there are advances in movements being more gen like but because the movements are new it leads to teething problems. All high end reps from factories like Noob, ARF, VRF etc are all high quality even the lower priced Regmariners from narikaa are superb. You will find the TDs here do not sell junk and 99.99999999999999% of the population cannot tell them apart from the real deal nor do they care.

Ah i see! Is there a preferred TD that has a good rep? Is there a current GMT and SUB that seems to be more stable than other models?

jodelaplaya

2/4/14
Zzf sub is the newest one and will maybe be the best out of the box (poor bracelet) 3135 look like a vr3135 which is the best at this time
Arf sub is a great one too (boxy lug) 2824 rock solide
Arf GMT look very nice too with a new movement

Now you can do advanced search

Reynald

Supporter
21/11/19
Zzf sub is the newest one and will maybe be the best out of the box (poor bracelet) 3135 look like a vr3135 which is the best at this time
Arf sub is a great one too (boxy lug) 2824 rock solide
Arf GMT look very nice too with a new movement

Now you can do advanced search

Thanks for this! Always is hard to search when i dont know what to search for haha.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Ah i see! Is there a preferred TD that has a good rep? Is there a current GMT and SUB that seems to be more stable than other models?

Most of the TDs have access to the same watches, they have different styles so read about them in the reviews and pick the one that suits you best. Some are ultra professional some are more personable, some are slow and steady some are quick and efficient.

I would personally always go for an A2836 or A2824. These are the old reliables. The newer more aesthetically accurate clone movements can give trouble.

Reynald

Supporter
21/11/19
Most of the TDs have access to the same watches, they have different styles so read about them in the reviews and pick the one that suits you best. Some are ultra professional some are more personable, some are slow and steady some are quick and efficient.

I would personally always go for an A2836 or A2824. These are the old reliables. The newer more aesthetically accurate clone movements can give trouble.

Much appreciated! Ive been doing some reading and it seems the 2836 does get good reviews across the board - just doesn't look as pretty on the inside than the newer movements. Is the 3135 the latest for Sub? I would rather the reliability than the 1:1 aesthetics to be honest. Models with the 2836 movement still seem to be pretty decent overall (both movement and casing etc).

Subdued

20/11/19
Much appreciated! Ive been doing some reading and it seems the 2836 does get good reviews across the board - just doesn't look as pretty on the inside than the newer movements. Is the 3135 the latest for Sub? I would rather the reliability than the 1:1 aesthetics to be honest. Models with the 2836 movement still seem to be pretty decent overall (both movement and casing etc).

most sub models have either 2836 or 3135 to choose from. They say if you franken your watch better go for the 3135. im not so sure though.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland

Yep both variants are usually available. I personally do not like the clone 3135 as it has cost me a fortune to maintain.

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
If I were you I would definitely choose ARF V3 and buy from puretimewatch as they work closely together with AR Factory.
Good datewheel and rounded dial markers and very good bezel engravings and pearl and the best bracelet out there. A2824 movement is great too. Imo the best feeling and solidness amongst all sub reps by weight too. I don‘t care about the lugs lol.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
This is the FIRST an op didn't get flamed asking this question we all frown upon.

Short answer is it changes all the time and there are flaws for each factory +version. Since you are a newbie you might not know better and can't tell the differences.

The best answer is use the SEARCH function read as much as you can and then assess which flaws you can out up with. For example noob is a great factory, but it has very bad bezel. ARF is best out of the box but is not great for modding like the Noob.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bigcity777

pecupecu

28/2/19
someone should create an "instant ban" for the user that creates a "whats the best sub" topic

Reactions: GTgamo