• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where to Buy the BEST OF THE BEST Rolex Sub

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
The R factory joke will soon get old once a new factory comes up with name RF. Like PPF, which supposedly makes the best Nautilii.

Az901

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/19
It's Nautilus :)

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Mike_the_engin33r

Looking Around
9/10/19
As a lurker and noob myself I don’t think the responses to this have been informative or helpful. Not nice and very off putting.

Mike_the_engin33r

Looking Around
9/10/19
In response to the original thread - I’ve been looking into a bk sub. He uses a noob, puts in an authentic Swiss movement and does other upgrades. OOTB I would recommend ZZF v2

Reactions: Reynald

DavidModic

13/9/15
EU
As a lurker and noob myself I don’t think the responses to this have been informative or helpful. Not nice and very off putting.
(a) It is in the wrong section. Should be in the flame free zone to be properly ignored with the other 22000 posts about who has the best sub. If anything the responses have been mild, compared to how they usually are.

(b) The OP took this on the chin (kudos to him), but folks like you - you’ve been here only about a month, and posted nothing of value. Yet you find it off-putting because we don’t turn over and let someone shaft us? We complain too much? Not servile enough for you? We should just bring you stuff on a silver plate? Bend over backwards so your sensibilities are not hurt? Is there anything else I can do for you sir, while I answer your inane questions? So sorry you got butthurt from our sense of humor.

(c) These threads are actually very helpful. They weed out folks who are not looking to contribute to this community or are incapable of using the search function. There are hundreds, if not thousands, threads titled (paraphrased) “who has the best sub” on this forum. Either own up to your ignorance, or complain how naughty we are because this annoys us.

Reactions: 2841

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

I think the clause in the signup contract requiring members to give only informative or helpful responses was removed due to it being difficult to enforce.

When you get into any new hobby, there's a huge amount of info to absorb at the beginning, forums can seem overwhelming places and your lack of knowledge on the subject means it's actually difficult to find the info you're looking for.

'Best' threads are irritating because there's rarely one, definitive answer.

You want to get into HiFi but posting a thread on a HiFi forum entitled 'What's the best amplifier?' won't get you the replies you want.

Interested in gardening ? - your 'What's the best tomato plant?' thread won't bring you any joy.

What about DIY ? Posting a 'What are the best nails?' thread may mean people make fun of you.

Want to learn how to cook ? A 'What's the best olive oil' thread won't get you many useful replies.

People have to make an effort on their own to learn what they can on a new subject.

Reynald

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
21/11/19
I personally think a moderator or bot should have blocked my initial post and forced me to use the search function (since it was obviously a super common question that is asked). Or, at the very least, have some sort of message / notification pop up to let me know that it is a common topic and maybe ‘consider’ removing. I guess forums may not have that sort of AI (or advanced logic) tech built in? Would be cool if it did!

Even though I learnt everything (and more) of what I was needing initially, I get that this probably wasn’t the best way to find the info. On the flip side, being slightly selfish - got all the info I needed. Cheers. Haha.

Mrgkman

Known Member
13/8/18
Contact BK. You said you don’t mind spending the money... have him do one up right for you. I know you said sub but BK does a pretty sweet once over on the “BK” Sea Dweller. Before you ask who BK is, just PM me and I’ll show you what’s up. He can probably do the same thing on a sub for you.

Sent from the RWI App

Mrgkman

Known Member
13/8/18
Hi all,

Just signed up so apologies in advance if this topic has already been covered.

I am in the market for a Rolex Submariner and GMT Master II (black face & dial). I'm happy to spend what's required in order to get the best of the best replica out there.

What are the suggestions? And where can i buy from? I am a total noob so I wouldn't know what movement is best, CHS vs ICHS etc etc.

thanks all!

Contact BK. You said you don’t mind spending the money... have him do one up right for you. I know you said sub but BK does a pretty sweet once over on the “BK” Sea Dweller. Before you ask who BK is, just PM me and I’ll show you what’s up. He can probably do the same thing on a sub for you.

Sent from the RWI App

DavidModic

13/9/15
EU
... On the flip side, being slightly selfish - got all the info I needed. Cheers. Haha.
See? It worked out well for all of us. You now know that ICHS means Irreversible Crack Head Syndrome and are sure that you don’t need one when looking at subs, and we have had our fun. I mean even trip was almost nice to you (treasure that!). Thanks for being a sport about it.