• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC on noob daytona V3 SEL's

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
uvsQdrl.jpg

TsLBir8.jpg

QC pics from a trusted dealer.

The bottom of the watch in the pictures make it look like the SEL's aren't fitting too great. And they haven't sent pictures with clear shots of the SEL recess from the lugs with a sideward shot. Does this mean the SELs are likely too high and sit flush with the lugs. Is that normal for a Noob and I should just accept it. To me the dial and face look like typical Noob V3 quality. I have asked for a rehaut engraving picture so I can see if the engraving is good and if alignment is good from dial to rehaut engraving. They have told me chrono's are working but I asked for a picture of minutes and hours chrono in other positions.

I just want to make sure I don't get a watch that's DOA when it arrives in terms of functions since I am buying mostly for working SA4130 which is a big selling point.

Bezel looks good to me as well. Definitely a non-serif R on the Units Per Hour.

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
First thread was OK, second thread not so.

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
Yeah the Imgur pics didn't embed. It's puzzling because they showed up when I previewed the post because they must have been in my cache.

It's okay to post QC pics with specific questions in this section correct?

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
I wasn't trying to be too nit picky on it. I was just worried the SEL fit into the case was bad because on other watches I've seen posted the SEL fitment as seen from the bottom of the case was almost seamless with no gaps. Very precise. I did get more QC pics from the TD and I have approved and can't wait for it to arrive.

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
I was wondering if poor fitment on the bottom meant it would rattle more than is acceptable. After looking at genuine watches the fitment appears par for Rolex.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
I was wondering if poor fitment on the bottom meant it would rattle more than is acceptable. After looking at genuine watches the fitment appears par for Rolex.

Its a rep so expect some flaws. But the gap can be easily fixed with better and stronger pins. I bought the Omega 007 seamaster with poor spring pin. After changing the pin with one I bought from a watch shop, it all fitted nice and tight.