• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Batman to buy at the moment?!

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
Grandmasterflex

Sounds like this is your first rep purchase? I would suggest you start off with a lower price piece, see below, which has a more robust movement. Every rep will have flaws when put next to a genuine piece, especially under magnification. Many reps, however, are indistinguishable from reps when viewed 3-6 feet away, while on the wrist. Chasing the PERFECT rep is a sport that many members here adhere to. The level of knowledge that some of the folks in here possess is amazing, but only comes with years of experience.

If this is your first rep purchase, you'll be amazed at the quality of even the lower priced versions, trust me. Here's a slightly less costly Batman that would be a great first buy for you, as the movement is tried and true.

https://www.intime05.co/rollie/6266...black-dial-on-904l-oyster-bracelet-a2836.html

Reactions: mrsullivan

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Grandmasterflex

Sounds like this is your first rep purchase? I would suggest you start off with a lower price piece, see below, which has a more robust movement. Every rep will have flaws when put next to a genuine piece, especially under magnification. Many reps, however, are indistinguishable from reps when viewed 3-6 feet away, while on the wrist. Chasing the PERFECT rep is a sport that many members here adhere to. The level of knowledge that some of the folks in here possess is amazing, but only comes with years of experience.

If this is your first rep purchase, you'll be amazed at the quality of even the lower priced versions, trust me. Here's a slightly less costly Batman that would be a great first buy for you, as the movement is tried and true.

https://www.intime05.co/rollie/6266...black-dial-on-904l-oyster-bracelet-a2836.html

Wise words - OP should listen.

Grandmasterflex

Horology Curious
19/11/19
I am buying it for my self. But I want to pay more if it Goes some years. And an other thing is that is has to be water resistable. I have read that most of these Sellers claim that it is water resistable, but i would like the experience of you Guys. So taking notice of the Price and quality, what would be the best suggestion?

Grandmasterflex

Horology Curious
19/11/19
Grandmasterflex

Thank you very much for showing me this option. For me I am ready to spend 500 euro's max, so if this is the best choise quality and price wise, I think I should go for this one.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Thank you very much for showing me this option. For me I am ready to spend 500 euro's max, so if this is the best choise quality and price wise, I think I should go for this one.

"Best" is very subjective. The movement in this watch is risky because it is much more likely to break and when it does, you're basically out of luck. The watch recommended to you by pcardoza has a tried and true movement that is not likely to break and is easily replaced or fixed if it does.

Research CHS v ICHS (correct hand stack vs incorrect handstack) so you know what you're getting into. Trust me.

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
IMO- If OP wants to have a long lasting GMT, I would buy the ICHS A2836 because it is relatively easy to repair or replace.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Let me take a minute to explain to you what an internet forum is - because you don't seem to understand.

It's a place for discussion, the exchange of information, opinions etc.There is a lot information to be found on forums as a result of these exchanges - people asking interesting, pertinent questions, other people answering - or not someone knowing the answer but being motivated by the question to find an answer.

If the only threads on RWI - or any forum - were people asking 'who has the best/where can I get the best', then not only would it be an incredibly boring forum, there would also be no need to consult it - because there wouldn't be any information, it would just be questions without answers.

A forum is not about joining and posting a thread asking 'who has the best./biggest/fastest/tightest/smallest/lightest' etc and then disappearing because you got what you wanted - that's not a discussion.

It's an incredibly lazy attitude, to burst onto a forum, make no introduction, and almost immediately post a thread asking 'Who's got the best **** ?' It's rude and it's lazy.

I love this reply. I might just have to keep this bookmarked for a while. IMO, it’s even more comical when someone pops in the forum, asks a question that is discussed in the next 5 closest threads and then disappears.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I asked myself the same thing a couple of months ago. I went through a few threads like this one , this one or this one for the Batman/girl and ended up buying the GMF one from jtime. It has been on the wrist since September 20 and has performed wonderfully.

shortlegs

31/5/19
If only we all have a dollar every time someone asks who has the best whatever..

Responses comes in 2 forms. The first is people giving actual good advice, which includes what you should be doing instead of asking such a question. Which tripdog has very kindly done so in his first reply.

The second are what you perceive as negative comments, but that is because many people are absolutely sick and tired of newbs coming here, not researching, asking a question like this expecting to be spoonfed information, and cluttering up the forum with useless threads.

It is wholly up to the members here if they want to respond to the thread, and how they want to respond. If you get advice, thank them. If you get ridiculed or scolded, either realise your mistake and learn from it, or at the very least keep quiet. What REALLY gets to me, is when a newb comes here, does something stupid, and then has the cheek to show attitude to more senior members who actually contributes to the forum. Seriously?

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
All I can say regarding people asking what the best or who has the best is that this forum is not Siri, Alexa or Google Assistant. Maybe an upgraded Siri or Alexa can answer who has the best replica. I am pretty sure those devices are a lot smarter than RWI members.

Reactions: Lariram

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
RiffRalfpcardoza some say I should wait for the ARF. Is it worth the wait? Or should I buy the one pcardazo referred to? Sorry I just want the best for my money !

Things can change rapodly in the rep world. In August the ARF and VRF weee but a pipedream. Whether to wait or not is yoir choice. The new rep will likely have parts that are better in particular rhe movement im re the CHS but we still don't know how reliable that is going to be in the long run. And jt may have parts that are worse.
Meanwhile I have enjoyed my ICHS GMF for several montha with ots flaws.
In one of the threads that I referenced the DJF is considered flawed, why I don't remember. Worse bezel insert iirc.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Hands down, the best Batman so far:

batman-the-dark-knight-returns-i31848.jpg

Reactions: Vitor747 and Nivka