• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

repairing a replica rolex. is it possible?

Moradinar

Looking Around
MULTI ACCOUNT
16/11/19
Santa Clara
last year i bought a replica rolex submariner off of your typical shadester on canal street in chinatown nyc.

i payed $40 and its actually the best replica rip off watch ive ever seen.
its extremely high quality and it is so hard to tell the difference without opening it up.
i think it might be an actual swiss made replica. if swiss made replicas even exist.
iv read that replicas can hold the same quality as some 500 or 1000 dollar watches and that they use real swiss made movements.

well it worked good when i got it but lately it started loosing time over a day period and sometimes the watch will randomly stop all together.
then i have to reset the time and date give it a shake and it starts back up.

i noticed sometimes when im setting the time when moving the minute hand over the other hands you can see all of them kind of move like there is contact between the hands when they pass over each other.

is it possible for a watch/jewlery repair place to fix my watch.
what about a real rolex dealer?
i would imagine they wouldnt touch a replica watch.

i know replica rolexes are cheesy but i always told myself if i ever went to chinatown i would have to buy a rollie off of a shadeball to get the full nyc experience

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
i payed $40 and its actually the best replica rip off watch ive ever seen

believe me - you didn‘t see anything if you say such things.

your watch is what it is - a 40 dollar beater. Good for you if you don‘t see the differences - saves you a lot of money ;)

anyway - a high end rep - even a mid range 150$ rep will be a few times better quality wise and accuracy wise compared to a gen.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Maybe you are willing to share a picture of your watch to enlighten us a bit and clear things up.

in the end a repair/service of your watch will be more expensive than the watch itself. Unless the emotional value is higher than what you paid for it it‘s not worth it.

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
:jeff:

I feel so ripped off by paying 400 bucks for a rep...

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
I wouldnt usually do this to a post... but :rollingonthefloor:

Last edited: