• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF New 116610LN Submariner 3135 V2 Releasing!

Milomuu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/11/19
It doesn't seem to be a zzf nor noob nor arf… at all. It looks like one of those $ 100 patches. There are no alignments at all ...? that's only my opinion

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
It doesn't seem to be a zzf nor noob nor arf… at all. It looks like one of those $ 100 patches. There are no alignments at all ...? that's only my opinion

What do you mean? DW, cyclops (with white halo like ZZF), rehaut, pearl, SELs, markers and logo triangle marker looks well and aligned.

Can't say to 100% it's ZZF but that DW-typopraphy and cyclops sure looks like ZZF.

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

Last edited:

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
What do you mean? DW, cyclops (with white halo like ZZF), rehaut, pearl, SELs, markers and logo triangle marker looks well and aligned.

Can't say to 100% it's ZZF but that DW-typopraphy and cyclops sure looks like ZZF.

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

I can say for sure it is ZZF, has the lower case letters in the clasp, and X flaw in rehaut. I am just trying to figure if this is definitely a v2 as it was sold to me.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
I can say for sure it is ZZF, has the lower case letters in the clasp, and X flaw in rehaut. I am just trying to figure if this is definitely a v2 as it was sold to me.

They made the 6 and 9 markers rounded like gen on v2 if I’m correct and this seems has sharp edges like on v1.

Also the rehaut misalignment was an issue with v1 like this has.

Last edited:

Stevo85

18/12/18
Liverpool
Had quite a few asking me so I’ve done this ‘quick’ review of some clone subs vs my gen....

I hate doing things like this so please excuse the mistakes/lack of clarity and pikey camera angle. I just thought it might be interesting to some of the sub fans like me.

The zzf V2 is fantastic, it still has its flaws which I’ve listed below as I missed a few points in the video but it really could pass as gen to most.

Please bare in mind there will be some variance in both gens and clones so these are purely my findings with what I had in hand.

If you love the sub and can afford it, buy the gen it’s just exceptional.
If you can’t afford/justify it the zzf V2 is fantastic, personally I’d go gen bezel insert and call it a day if this is the case.

Tells that are clear to see in hand...

-Serial no wonky on zzf V2
-Hour markers too thin on zzf V2, completely wrong on ARF
-Bezel much stiffer on zzf V2, too lose on ARF
-Bezel insert colour and finish, gen looks brighter and the finish looks like it really ‘pops’
-Hands look flat on zzf V2, slightly better ARF
-No big bubble/dip on dial around handstack
-Pearl looks bright/glossy on gen, too flat colour wise on ARF
-Cyclops looks much clearer and crisp on gen, slightly better on ARF, a bit cloudy on ZZF V2
-Cyclops AR looks different shade on gen
-Bezel sharper and not as bright/shiny on zzf V2 , also wrong shape on both.
-Clasp feels cheap in comparison on both, zzf V2 better in my opinion batch dependant.
-Dial text looks weak and almost a ‘blue’ shade, not as bold and bright as gen
-Rehault looks much brighter and more crisp on gen
-LEC is harder to see on gen
-SEL is less pronounced on both ARF and ZZF V2.

https://youtu.be/fI8V7WYsqXQ

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
They made the 6 and 9 markers rounded like gen on v2 if I’m correct and this seems has sharp edges like on v1.

Also the rehaut misalignment was an issue with v1 like this has.

So looks like I have a v1.... damn so I got screwed here thinking I paid top dollar for a 3135 V2! This is what I get for buying on the forum next door :(

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
So looks like I have a v1.... damn so I got screwed here thinking I paid top dollar for a 3135 V2! This is what I get for buying on the forum next door :(

If it was bought via an M2M sale, you should still have recourse to raising it with the seller and the mods. But your first port of call should be the seller - tell him what you’ve discovered, and get into a discussion about resolving the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
I really cant stand ZZF's thick crown guards! Just ruins the watch for me.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
If it was bought via an M2M sale, you should still have recourse to raising it with the seller and the mods. But your first port of call should be the seller - tell him what you’ve discovered, and get into a discussion about resolving the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He is more than willing to help out, but it is damn hard finding a ZZF V2 via M2M!

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Had quite a few asking me so I’ve done this ‘quick’ review of some clone subs vs my gen....

I hate doing things like this so please excuse the mistakes/lack of clarity and pikey camera angle. I just thought it might be interesting to some of the sub fans like me.

The zzf V2 is fantastic, it still has its flaws which I’ve listed below as I missed a few points in the video but it really could pass as gen to most.

Please bare in mind there will be some variance in both gens and clones so these are purely my findings with what I had in hand.

If you love the sub and can afford it, buy the gen it’s just exceptional.
If you can’t afford/justify it the zzf V2 is fantastic, personally I’d go gen bezel insert and call it a day if this is the case.

Tells that are clear to see in hand...

-Serial no wonky on zzf V2
-Hour markers too thin on zzf V2, completely wrong on ARF
-Bezel much stiffer on zzf V2, too lose on ARF
-Bezel insert colour and finish, gen looks brighter and the finish looks like it really ‘pops’
-Hands look flat on zzf V2, slightly better ARF
-No big bubble/dip on dial around handstack
-Pearl looks bright/glossy on gen, too flat colour wise on ARF
-Cyclops looks much clearer and crisp on gen, slightly better on ARF, a bit cloudy on ZZF V2
-Cyclops AR looks different shade on gen
-Bezel sharper and not as bright/shiny on zzf V2 , also wrong shape on both.
-Clasp feels cheap in comparison on both, zzf V2 better in my opinion batch dependant.
-Dial text looks weak and almost a ‘blue’ shade, not as bold and bright as gen
-Rehault looks much brighter and more crisp on gen
-LEC is harder to see on gen
-SEL is less pronounced on both ARF and ZZF V2.

https://youtu.be/fI8V7WYsqXQ

Good god dude start a channel I could watch these all day long.

iceberg1459

Renowned Member
Certified
27/3/08
yes pretty sure as it has the 3135 movement and the quality is awesome for a rep.

but zzf has the CF insert and it shouldnt look dull in low light or have thin insert engravings like yours. it should be very very close to gen. which dealer was it may i ask?

Last edited:

Get2thechopper

Known Member
19/9/18
but zzf has the CF insert and it shouldnt look dull in low light or have thin insert engravings like yours. it should be very very close to gen. which dealer was it may i ask?

70ff87e23b7552f13d22ff5fb0b51364.jpg

It is definitely dull in low light, here’s comparison to my old CF insert and my gen insert on my ZZF V2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stevo85

Stevo85

18/12/18
Liverpool

The zzf V2 bezel is definitely dull in low light, in direct light it is almost gem like.

The engravings are not thin, they are pretty much gen like :)

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
CF in low light definitely looks shitty, but when it hits the light it looks great!

iceberg1459

Renowned Member
Certified
27/3/08
looks like the insert is so dull, its an instant tell under low light. very disappointing. i thought the CF insert is much better than that.

Reactions: Stevo85