• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF New 116610LN Submariner 3135 V2 Releasing!

echo_lanxess

Horology Curious
5/5/17
Hi everyone, just a quick question for a newbie like me please.

I use to have a Noob V6 I think? Got it like 3 years back but the insert was so bad. So I gave it to my friend 2 years ago.
Sort of gave up on a rep 116610LN, tho it was what I always wanted.

After reading everything here, I am amazed and happy to see ZZFV2 is doing so well!

So my question is, is the insert OK? As in passable or do I genuinely need like a gen or spongebob insert to do the trick???
Im not one who will mod and am looking for like solid OOTB.. Not really picky but of course not obvious flaws.
From what I read, ZZFV2 plus gen crystal is good enough for MOST of us.

So please pros please let me know what you guys think about the insert as I am planning to get one and perhaps get a gen crystal if I can find it.

Reactions: GreatNate08

Kazeviur

Known Member
7/10/19
It is good for most of us.

Further improvement will be
-ARF Bracelet
-Gen Hands
-Bezel Teeth Change

acer1113

Known Member
26/11/19
This new sub looks really priomising !
Expecially having inside the VR3135.
They'll sell A LOT of this one

Nubee333

Horology Curious
1/11/19
Viper on trf dont mention reps .
or look in rwi m2m

i was going to give my watch an oil bath for the bracelet but noticed the bezel is a bit tough to move, would it be bad to put the whole watch in the oil bath or how would you go about making the bezel glide smoother?

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Please dont put your watch or bracelet in oil that's some old bs wives tail from years ago.i remember one of my old modders I dont speak to no more said to me ,to make your bracelet sound solid like gen put it in a bowl of baby oil.this is dumb as hell, It took forever to dry and attracts more grime and dirt.very nasty on wrist .plus it did not make the v6s bracelet feel heavier and sound solid like they said it would.it make zero difference.so no dont put oil or any sort on your watches .its ridiculous and old skool and not worth it bro
that's just my personal opinion about oil bathing bracelets

Last edited:
Reactions: Phener9

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
i was going to give my watch an oil bath for the bracelet but noticed the bezel is a bit tough to move, would it be bad to put the whole watch in the oil bath or how would you go about making the bezel glide smoother?

Sure. Just make sure you unscrew the crown first :D It's best to use extra virgin olive oil, the Omega 3 fatty acids are very healthy and make stuff extremely smooth.

arpa90

2/11/18
Please dont put your watch or bracelet in oil that's some old bs wives tail from years ago.i remember one of my old modders I dont speak to no more said to me ,to make your bracelet sound solid like gen put it in a bowl of baby oil.this is dumb as hell, It took forever to dry and attracts more grime and dirt.very nasty on wrist .plus it did not make the v6s bracelet feel heavier and sound solid like they said it would.it make zero difference.so no dont put oil or any sort on your watches .its ridiculous and old skool and not worth it bro
that's just my personal opinion about oil bathing bracelets

Have you actually tried it yourself? I did it with my BP bracelet. And it certainly felt better than before.

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Mine improved with a light spray of wd40 and then ultrasonic clean to remove any crap that made its way from China!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Hi everyone, just a quick question for a newbie like me please.

I use to have a Noob V6 I think? Got it like 3 years back but the insert was so bad. So I gave it to my friend 2 years ago.
Sort of gave up on a rep 116610LN, tho it was what I always wanted.

After reading everything here, I am amazed and happy to see ZZFV2 is doing so well!

So my question is, is the insert OK? As in passable or do I genuinely need like a gen or spongebob insert to do the trick???
Im not one who will mod and am looking for like solid OOTB.. Not really picky but of course not obvious flaws.
From what I read, ZZFV2 plus gen crystal is good enough for MOST of us.

So please pros please let me know what you guys think about the insert as I am planning to get one and perhaps get a gen crystal if I can find it.

I think the consensus is that the insert is strong quality and construction. Engravings seem to have good plat color and from the pics I think they are rounded/chamfered at the edge so they catch light like gen. Pearl housing is a big selling point for Clean factory as they claim it is made the same way gen is. Here are some flaws: The pearl is not cream enough and the engraving font is not bold enough.

Nubee333

Horology Curious
1/11/19
Mine improved with a light spray of wd40 and then ultrasonic clean to remove any crap that made its way from China!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

good thing you cleaned it after the wd40, i read that some ppl don't clean well after using wd40 and apparently it's not good if come in contact with skin