• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF New 116610LN Submariner 3135 V2 Releasing!

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
absolutely amazing. zzf v2 has eclipsed the great arf. passing of the torch.

I’m not so sure, the only thing that’s really ‘better’ and only marginally is the dial. Rest is on par.

In fact

A few things are better on the ARF I’d say, rest is very close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Subdued

20/11/19
I’m not so sure, the only thing that’s really ‘better’ and only marginally is the dial. Rest is on par.

In fact

A few things are better on the ARF I’d say, rest is very close

like what?

Kazeviur

Known Member
7/10/19
ARF still have better hands. But Lume wise, ZZF is better.
ARF have better Bracelet as comapred to ZZF V2 ( I have both, ARF, ZZF V1 and ZZF V2). ARF feel more solid and smooth
Bezel clicking is much more smoother in ARF
ARF have clearer Xtal (But doesnt matter, rep crystal sucks)

On the other end,
ZZF have better datewheel even though ARF improved theirs.
ZZF have better movement
ZZF have better insert, dial and bezel
ZZF Have better case

Finishing wise, ZZF is actually better than ARF. If i have time, shall do the VS thread. Don't have a noob though.

Last edited:
Reactions: stufuse

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
ARF still have better hands. But Lume wise, ZZF is better.
ARF have better Bracelet as comapred to ZZF V2 ( I have both, ARF, ZZF V1 and ZZF V2). ARF feel more solid and smooth
Bezel clicking is much more smoother in ARF
ARF have clearer Xtal (But doesnt matter, rep crystal sucks)

On the other end,
ZZF have better datewheel even though ARF improved theirs.
ZZF have better movement
ZZF have better insert, dial and bezel
ZZF Have better case

Finishing wise, ZZF is actually better than ARF. If i have time, shall do the VS thread. Don't have a noob though.

ZZF have CG wrong. in profile they should be oblique

Kazeviur

Known Member
7/10/19
Correct. CG for ZZF is wrong. Haven't pay attention to the 3135 CG, but if i remember correctly 3135 CG is the same as ARF. Let me check when im home

JMK

13/2/18
Excited to get mine...
db25a8c69ef810222e5fa0b9dfc0e2ab.jpg

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Just picked up a set of gen hands. Will see how the lume compares when they arrive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Just given it a polish and ultrasonic clean including the platinum bezel numbers and they sparkle more now than they did so not sure what the formula is the factories are using.
cd6151b91d2c37d7b46b233a1aba7df8.plist
f815e67ea644073b572cfdd6ae95f6ab.plist
164a5d6aada7d22178d72f39128ea2b4.plist
7d6637390107b8ba031884dc69de1fdd.plist
f820b1d8352deca4b4646a6b7d3f68d8.plist
3c8c673a21b842aaa27fd9f7d611eccc.plist

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Do you have ARF Hands? Can compare against ZZF lume? Just lume effects. Best with Gen hands also. Thanks

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Just picked up a set of gen hands. Will see how the lume compares when they arrive.

Looking forward to that. As it stands (if Gen hands matched well) I see no reason to go Gen dial

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
Just given it a polish and ultrasonic clean including the platinum bezel numbers and they sparkle more now than they did so not sure what the formula is the factories are using.

Wow looks really stunning! May I ask you how you did the polishing? And did I get you right that you have put the bezel insert in the ultra sonic? If so, that should be the proof for gen like plating and finally no more fading :woo:

Last edited:

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Wow looks really stunning! May I ask you how you did the polishing? And did I get you right that you have put the bezel insert in the ultra sonic? If so, that should be the proof for gen like plating and finally no more fading :woo:

I’ve fitted a gen crystal to the watch and polished the rehaut with a selvyt impregnated polishing cloth. I then polished the top of the bezel teeth with my Dremel polishing mop and the bracelet sides. I also went over the insert engraving fillings as they looked flat compared to my last CF insert and then cleaned the whole watch in jewellers cleaning solution and finally I put the whole watch in the ultrasonic cleaner that I have. Big improvement and I’m very happy with now. It sparkles like gen! Waterproof too!

Reactions: stufuse and BiH855

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Looking forward to that. As it stands (if Gen hands matched well) I see no reason to go Gen dial

My thoughts as well. Lume looks close unlike Arf’s ultra white lume mix. Should arrive after the weekend and I’ll fit them straight away and update my findings.

Reactions: stufuse

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
I’ve fitted a gen crystal to the watch and polished the rehaut with a selvyt impregnated polishing cloth. I then polished the top of the bezel teeth with my Dremel polishing mop and the bracelet sides. I also went over the insert engraving fillings as they looked flat compared to my last CF insert and then cleaned the whole watch in jewellers cleaning solution and finally I put the whole watch in the ultrasonic cleaner that I have. Big improvement and I’m very happy with now. It sparkles like gen! Waterproof too!

Thanks for your explanation! You did a nice job, it's really a big improvement to your previous pics! Still waiting on my QC for ARF GMT and now due to your pics really hard not to order one more:dribble:

Reactions: botsyboy