• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF New 116610LN Submariner 3135 V2 Releasing!

ebitdaddy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/11/19
Reactions: vcappp

Daher

3/7/19
The most glaringly obvious flaw is just how large & bold the font is on the date. The crystal magnifies too much and is a tad too large. It's the one reason I'm so against grabbing the ARF vs the ZZF.

says:
Scratch-proof sapphire crystal with semi-invisible crown etched at 6:00 position of the crystal, updated very clear cyclops with light blue reflection same as genuine. Same black hole effect as genuine watch
maybe it looks large and bold cause of the clearer cyclops?

huntoon3

Horology Curious
26/10/19
Wanted to update everyone on my ZZF order:
I ordered my ZZF v3 November 20th. Li was estimating QC pics this last weekend. Have not received any yet so I emailed him this morning and he responded right away. He said he has rejected quite a few from the factory and needed a few more days because he wants better quality watches to QC for me.
I think it is great he responds very fast. I also can appreciate him being so careful with QC and wanting to get a quality product to his clients. I am happy with waiting if it means I will get a good quality rep.

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Mine should arrive tomorrow via dhl from Li. He told me of the 20 or so he got nearly half were below standard!
I ordered the day it was revealed so will update with some pics and comments ASAP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse

Astro55

Known Member
6/11/19
Do or do not. There is no try.
Wanted to update everyone on my ZZF order:
I ordered my ZZF v3 November 20th. Li was estimating QC pics this last weekend. Have not received any yet so I emailed him this morning and he responded right away. He said he has rejected quite a few from the factory and needed a few more days because he wants better quality watches to QC for me.
I think it is great he responds very fast. I also can appreciate him being so careful with QC and wanting to get a quality product to his clients. I am happy with waiting if it means I will get a good quality rep.

Agree completely - Li is a great guy, super helpful and honest.

These issues have nothing to do with the TD, its all about the factory possibly rushing out the first batch w/o a firm QC process in place - yea yea i know its a “rep watch” but I intend on franken my watches and don’t want to invest more than the initial RRP on a flawed base item.

Anyways I explained all this to Li and he understood completely.

Again, he’s a top bloke to deal with and hopefully ZZF get the message about their QC issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: huntoon3

piNNoy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/19
California
Mine should arrive tomorrow via dhl from Li. He told me of the 20 or so he got nearly half were below standard!
I ordered the day it was revealed so will update with some pics and comments ASAP.

Looking forward to this. Thank you

tumad

Known Member
28/10/19
Been a new customer with Jtime and all I can say he is very understanding, patient and on the ball. I initially ordered V2 Date but rejected due to misaligned cyclopse and Date wheel (he agreed). Then after purchasing a new gen no date, decided to cancel my order completely. He had no issues with that and would do a refund. Then a day later I changed my mind again and re ordered a V2 no date to match my Gen as he had not done the refund yet. He said no problemo. He is a top guy and very patient and on the ball.
When my no date arrives, I will post pics of the gen and the ZZF side by side for anyone interested and give a short review.

Astro55

Known Member
6/11/19
Do or do not. There is no try.
Been a new customer with Jtime and all I can say he is very understanding, patient and on the ball. I initially ordered V2 Date but rejected due to misaligned cyclopse and Date wheel (he agreed). Then after purchasing a new gen no date, decided to cancel my order completely. He had no issues with that and would do a refund. Then a day later I changed my mind again and re ordered a V2 no date to match my Gen as he had not done the refund yet. He said no problemo. He is a top guy and very patient and on the ball.
When my no date arrives, I will post pics of the gen and the ZZF side by side for anyone interested and give a short review.

Looking forward to a side by side review :)

Reactions: lfarcos

Nubee333

Horology Curious
1/11/19

which movement did u get on your no date?

tumad

Known Member
28/10/19
I just picked up my Gen No date brand new, and had a quick compare to a friends ZZF no date V2. 1st impressions... DANG!!!!!! ITS SCARY..... There are some immediate tell tell signs but good grief its good.

Reactions: lfarcos

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I just picked up my Gen No date brand new, and had a quick compare to a friends ZZF no date V2. 1st impressions... DANG!!!!!! ITS SCARY..... There are some immediate tell tell signs but good grief its good.

Such as??

Sent from the RWI App

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think

is a "tell tell" worse than a "tell"?

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
V2 has landed. First impressions over V1 and other factories is that this is the best out of the box subc yet produced.
8b25084834b1ad486d7ebde78cf59047.plist
4a7770f9d99af492c4f89410d77d5036.jpg
b9ab518289155603a6d01126e8c88c11.plist
2d9741a28917e7783965eba2acaa21c6.plist
741cf0ae908518fd042b669e3969f7d3.jpg

A bit busy at the moment but this is very well finished.
Bracelet is up there with ARF and feels much more solid than v1. Edges are not sharp either nor does mine feel it needs an oil bath!
Sels are recessed and slightly more at 12 than 6 but minor. They are no5 flush on this one anyway.
Insert is the usual clean factory type and very good as a rep. The bezel is sparkling and it’s the first time I’ve not need to detail one to get that gen shine!
Dial markers are very nice with rounded edges and gone are the dimples around the markers as per v1. Hands are nicely finished but gen are gen. lume all matches too.
Clasp is nice and crisp with rolled polished edges as per gen.
crystal has the halo effect but ar is usual rep standard. Needs ten crystal.
Dates look good and movement winds smoothly too.
This to me looks and feels the nearest to gen so far and better than both arf and Noob some will nitpick it’s details but overall this is top of the ladder for me.

Last edited:

Rockinmakicks

Known Member
17/6/19
V2 has landed. First impressions over V1 and other factories is that this is the best out of the box subc yet produced.

Bracelet is up there with ARF and feels much more solid than v1. Edges are not sharp either nor does mine feel it needs an oil bath!
Sels are recessed and slightly more at 12 than 6 but minor. They are no5 flush on this one anyway.
Insert is the usual clean factory type and very good as a rep. The bezel is sparkling and it’s the first time I’ve not need to detail one to get that gen shine!
Dial markers are very nice with rounded edges and gone are the dimples around the markers as per v1. Hands are nicely finished but gen are gen. lume all matches too.
This to me looks and feels the nearest to gen so far and better than both arf and Noob some will nitpick it’s details but overall this is top of the ladder for me.

Can you confirm that the rehaut is now improved from V1? I was already sold by V1 and suddenly released V2 with meaningful improvements !

Can you take a pic of the date window? is it centered?

jodelaplaya

2/4/14

Thanks for the quick review ! It looks awesome and I agree it seems to be the best ootb !
Feel free to share more pics :)