• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF V3 A2824 116610 LV (Hulk) Spotted on PureTime

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Damn, like to see pictures of the insert :)

Time doesn’t exist, clocks exist.

velox

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/5/15
Like always “the best insert color so far” ;)

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
smoke maybe if you summon the expert he will give us his inputs, although we know he doesn't like ARF's lug case. Sorry to disturb you master.

Reactions: Cascas

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Nothing against smoke, he’s a good guy, but why do you guys always think that he is like the holy grail. It’s like “he sais lug shape is good” or “CGs look nice” and you celebrate him. In each and every sub thread. No doubt, he is quite experienced, but don’t you think it’s good to form your own opinion? It’s not that hard to compare a rep with a gen. It’s much more difficult to compare different reps with each other or different clasp codes, dial prints or remember histories and so on. Therefore, it’s nice to have someone like him, who knows all the details. But I don’t understand, whenever a new sub appears that everyone praises him and his opinion, like gods voice. Get it, check it, compare it and that’s it. If you like to know more about history, ask him for specific details. If you don’t know anything about a certain model, be happy about it and enjoy it as it is. Once you spot a flaw, you will ever notice a flaw. But please don’t expect him always to tell just by the pictures “case shape is nice” and then you love it. That’s kind of boring...

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
mega12 i understand your point of view, respectable and coherent, but I always feel that when we talk about new Subs models, an expert’s opinion is valuable. Maybe someone could make a comparison between the V10 and the Arf 3

Reactions: mega12

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
mega12 i understand your point of view, respectable and coherent, but I always feel that when we talk about new Subs models, an expert’s opinion is valuable. Maybe someone could make a comparison between the V10 and the Arf 3

Yeah, this is a great idea!
Like occb2 did recently with the new ARF and VRF GMTs. Or like smoke did with some previous models. This is what we need. A crazy guy who orders both and shares his findings then :)

Reactions: Jammydodger79

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Nothing against smoke, he’s a good guy, but why do you guys always think that he is like the holy grail. It’s like “he sais lug shape is good” or “CGs look nice” and you celebrate him. In each and every sub thread. No doubt, he is quite experienced, but don’t you think it’s good to form your own opinion? It’s not that hard to compare a rep with a gen. It’s much more difficult to compare different reps with each other or different clasp codes, dial prints or remember histories and so on. Therefore, it’s nice to have someone like him, who knows all the details. But I don’t understand, whenever a new sub appears that everyone praises him and his opinion, like gods voice. Get it, check it, compare it and that’s it. If you like to know more about history, ask him for specific details. If you don’t know anything about a certain model, be happy about it and enjoy it as it is. Once you spot a flaw, you will ever notice a flaw. But please don’t expect him always to tell just by the pictures “case shape is nice” and then you love it. That’s kind of boring...

Well, let’s say you have to buy a car and you know nothing about cars. Would you still go alone to check if everything’s fine?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Well, let’s say you have to buy a car and you know nothing about cars. Would you still go alone to check if everything’s fine?

No bro. I think it’s not to expect having baby sitters around here to take care of you ;) as every rep manufacturer has its own flaws, you should be little bit more informed by yourself before buying something. The forum has enough threads to do so. Especially if you are one of those guys who expects the “perfect sub”. If not, you can basically order all of the high end ones and will be happy about. Btw, people spend on average like 9 hours online before purchasing a certain car to inform themselves ;)
However, I don’t want to drift away from OPs topic and hope someone will share some pictures soon.

Reactions: Jammydodger79

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
No bro. I think it’s not to expect having baby sitters around here to take care of you ;) as every rep manufacturer has its own flaws, you should be little bit more informed by yourself before buying something. The forum has enough threads to do so. Especially if you are one of those guys who expects the “perfect sub”. If not, you can basically order all of the high end ones and will be happy about. Btw, people spend on average like 9 hours online before purchasing a certain car to inform themselves ;)
However, I don’t want to drift away from OPs topic and hope someone will share some pictures soon.

Don’t get me wrong, I still rock a noob v7 and I’m fine with it. Doesn’t even feel like it’s worth updating to my eyes. I’m totally like you, almost every sub rep up there can fool almost everyone but watch/rep enthusiasts :)

Sorry, should’ve specified “used car”. Almost everyone checks them with a mechanic before buying it!

I mean, it’s certainly helpful to have a watchsmith opinion on a new release

Reactions: mega12

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Paul (Smoke) has an eye that is second to non. He notices things that are just odd. He can tell normally is something is a V7 ro V9 ro noob and ARF and eta build and 3135 build. I have a ton of respect for his attention to details.

While I agree that we should look at reps with our own eyes. Lots of guys here have never held a real Rolex 116610 in their hands. If they did they will know that not one of the China reps FEEL the same. The finish on the bracelet makes the bracelet move like butter the adjustment is perfect for the bracelet. Smooth. That aside. We are buying $500 reps. Guys like me love throwing real parts at it. If you want to do that, who cares about the crystal, dial, insert so on. If you want to buy it as is to wear then who cares about the lugs and the CG's. If someone is that close to your watch with a real sub yours will scream fake, due to the deep engraving on the bezel, The dial marker lum being bright white and sharp. Your crystal not looking "Just right"

If you wear it no one will know. I have been wearing the VRF 116710LN all week just to see how good the movement is so I can determine which to keep. So tomorrow will be a week. Not one person came up to me and said it was a fake. I had a Dr appointment with my Mom where her cardiologist had a Batman on. I had this watch. I commented about his watch and how much I love it. He commented on mine saying he was going to buy that one but the Batman fell on his lap at an AD in Ireland. I didn't take it off and show him the issues.

I can tell you from owning a Hulk. There is not one out there that can stand up to the real deal. I tried for years. I just sold my hulk so can't compare. All I can say is that QC pic look great do to lighting. Get it in hand and put it next to a real one you will feel bad. I have tried ARF, VRF, Noob. Spoongbob insert, real crystal, real hands,. You need a real insert and a real dial to make a hulk look real. Not other ways around it.

Good luck and I hope it work. Never the less enjoy the watch.

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Paul (Smoke) has an eye that is second to non. He notices things that are just odd. He can tell normally is something is a V7 ro V9 ro noob and ARF and eta build and 3135 build. I have a ton of respect for his attention to details.

While I agree that we should look at reps with our own eyes. Lots of guys here have never held a real Rolex 116610 in their hands. If they did they will know that not one of the China reps FEEL the same. The finish on the bracelet makes the bracelet move like butter the adjustment is perfect for the bracelet. Smooth. That aside. We are buying $500 reps. Guys like me love throwing real parts at it. If you want to do that, who cares about the crystal, dial, insert so on. If you want to buy it as is to wear then who cares about the lugs and the CG's. If someone is that close to your watch with a real sub yours will scream fake, due to the deep engraving on the bezel, The dial marker lum being bright white and sharp. Your crystal not looking "Just right"

If you wear it no one will know. I have been wearing the VRF 116710LN all week just to see how good the movement is so I can determine which to keep. So tomorrow will be a week. Not one person came up to me and said it was a fake. I had a Dr appointment with my Mom where her cardiologist had a Batman on. I had this watch. I commented about his watch and how much I love it. He commented on mine saying he was going to buy that one but the Batman fell on his lap at an AD in Ireland. I didn't take it off and show him the issues.

I can tell you from owning a Hulk. There is not one out there that can stand up to the real deal. I tried for years. I just sold my hulk so can't compare. All I can say is that QC pic look great do to lighting. Get it in hand and put it next to a real one you will feel bad. I have tried ARF, VRF, Noob. Spoongbob insert, real crystal, real hands,. You need a real insert and a real dial to make a hulk look real. Not other ways around it.

Good luck and I hope it work. Never the less enjoy the watch.

This is the perfect response. Keep us updated on the VrF or ARF. I second Smokes eyes. Dude can spot a prey in the thickness of a forest, then tell you it was made by BP with gen dial using ARF hands.

Davidb667

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/12/18
I am also curious what the experts (smoke and others) think about the arf LV V3. I have both the arf and v9 noob LV. Did a little review a bit ago comparing the two...albeit from a meticulous yet non-experts eyes.

Looking at the pics you posted of the V3, it seems the dw has a thinner more appropriate font. Also, the tube gasket seems better seated causing less of a gap btw the crown and case.

Reactions: mega12 and Ecender

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Lugs look the same, fatter than Noob and gen with less angled tips. Makes the case look like a box.

ARF is sooo good at making watches that I don’t understand how they can’t just shave the fat lugs down? Whenever I look at a ARF sub..all I see is a box, just like you..reminds me of the bell n Ross watches or square tags

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
ARF is sooo good at making watches that I don’t understand how they can’t just shave the fat lugs down? Whenever I look at a ARF sub..all I see is a box, just like you..reminds me of the bell n Ross watches or square tags

Besides being wider overall, the ARF lugs lack the gentle inward curve at mid span that makes the lugs look sexy. Instead it's just a flat straight line that looks stark, Ned.

hbHDc.jpg

Photos by LOOKINGFORADEAL

Reactions: Ecender

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
BTW that's a hella nice recess on the Noob V10

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Besides being wider overall, the ARF lugs lack the gentle inward curve at mid span that makes the lugs look sexy. Instead it's just a flat straight line that looks stark, Ned.

hbHDc.jpg

Photos by LOOKINGFORADEAL

Noob should hire the guy who does the brushing in ARF

Reactions: m5smg2 and Ecender