• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC help with Hulk (Puretime)

kimloi7

Looking Around
11/11/19
Hi guys,

This is my first rep purchase so not too sure what i should be looking for.

Can anyone help me QC this ARF v3 Hulk from puretime?

Thanks heaps in advance!

QC images:
MOD EDIT : LINK REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
read the rules my friend.
you cannot ask for help unless you have specific questions regarding something you are not happy about.
if everything lines up and its the watch you ordered, your good to go.
remember, little imperfections that are visible in qc pictures, will not be noticeable on the wrist.
ultimately it comes down to your opinion regarding what you see, and if you are happy.

kimloi7

Looking Around
11/11/19
hello!

Sorry im new here, will try and get better!

i have been comparing the qc photos with nobigdeal2010's gen hulk post.

and i noticed that the m next to the 300 is very far apart!

left is QC and right is gen

Last edited by a moderator:

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I'm not an expert so take this with a grain (or more) of a salt, but I'm pretty sure even amongst gen dials there can be some variation such as where the "m" is placed.

Nevertheless, if everything else is good, I would never in a 1000 years reject a watch for something like that. I'd pay more attention to the details that are prominent such as bezel insert, cyclops alignment, etc.

Plus, I think there's a lot to say about doing good business as a customer. TDs are doing something technically illegal and going out of their way to provide a quality product, and as customers I think we should not bust their chops over minute details. The relationship you form by being a reasonable customer will pay off in the long run.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Also, as a relatively new member to another new member, let me say welcome. And may I recommend navigating the site and checking out the new member section? When I first started coming here, all I did was look up what I thought was important, while skipping the "new members" section. It was definitely a benefit when I learned to navigate this site and acquainted myself with the forum more appropriately, reading the rules, etc :)

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
You found a problem, egh? I guess it’s good to know you can find something if you look hard enough.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Let's be clear, you don't reject a watch because it has some difference with the gen. All reps have flaws so you need to buy knowing which are the flaws of the watch you're buying.

You can only reject a watch if it's different than the rep you bought. So there is no point comparing your QC with a gen. Compare your QC with another sample of the same rep if you have to, or just simply check that nothing is misaligned and that there is no specific defect on that specific sample. That's it

kimloi7

Looking Around
11/11/19

thank you rolexppapfan!

I'm pretty sure even amongst gen dials there can be some variation such as where the "m" is placed.
oh i didnt know that, thanks for pointing that out, i ended up on chrono24 and looked at some 116610lv and did manage to find one where the m was as you said varied from unit to unit.

The relationship you form by being a reasonable customer will pay off in the long run.
is it standard for a customer to stick to one TD?
It was definitely a benefit when I learned to navigate this site and acquainted myself with the forum more appropriately, reading the rules, etc :)

thanks for the info! i will certainly check out that out!

Thank you to all of you guys for the info!

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
You can use as many TDs as you want I suppose. I just think that it makes sense to stick with one or two that seem to work out for you. If this ends up being a hobby you stick with you want to do good business, that's really what I was trying to emphasize. Other than that, I'd follow what Tobel said. Each manufacturer generally has flaws that are consistent throughout whatever version of whatever model. Acquaint yourself with what these flaws might be, and pick the ones you can live with. Basically, invest hours and hours into research reading (I can't stress enough how important this is, especially if you want to be a contributing member and pick up a very fun hobby while you're at it) or just be happy that you're getting very close to Gen at hardly a fraction of the cost. Hope that helps.