• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Got my V3 Noob 116500LN Today. Mixed Feelings.

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
I have seen comparison pictures and an older video showing the caseback of a Noob Daytona appearing slightly thicker looking than a Gen. Could this be true?

Have you, red1 , Micasol , or anyone else ever checked to see if the Noob and Genuine Daytona casebacks are exactly the same thickness?

I haven't sorry mate. Micasol probably has a few gen casebacks lying around so could check for us haha

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Do you have any pictures of this? It is extremely difficult to swap the manufactured endlinks without causing any damage. The link is a very simple construction but machine made and pressed together and this is irreversible. So very difficult to do if you want to avoid any damage, would love to see the work in process.

Process should be similar to removing a fixed link. I had to do this on my gen 16570, because the clasp with 5 links at 6 o’ clock wasn’t centered on my wrist.

If so, any experienced watchmaker can do that without damaging it

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Process should be similar to removing a fixed link. I had to do this on my gen 16570, because the clasp with 5 links at 6 o’ clock wasn’t centered on my wrist.

If so, any experienced watchmaker can do that without damaging it

You can use a razor, vice grips, side cutters or a tool but generally the links are not reusable (if we're talking about the same thing). So just interested to see the method used. Removing a fixed link also creates a step in the bracelet.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Do you have any pictures of this? It is extremely difficult to swap the manufactured endlinks without causing any damage. The link is a very simple construction but machine made and pressed together and this is irreversible. So very difficult to do if you want to avoid any damage, would love to see the work in process.

Don’t have any work in progress shots only the end product. Will send you via WhatsApp to lazy to upload :D

Reactions: Digital.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
You can use a razor, vice grips, side cutters or a tool but generally the links are not reusable (if we're talking about the same thing). So just interested to see the method used. Removing a fixed link also creates a step in the bracelet.

Yes it indeed creates a small step. Still, that bothers me less than having the clasp uncentered and not having the perfect fit :D

Links are totally reusable (at least on gen bracelet, I have no experience on rep ones) My watchsmith have a tool which holds the two side links and presses out the middle one. It kinda looks like the tool used to press out the pins to resize some bracelets

Last edited:

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Buy gen then. You are wasting money chasing something you will never have with a rep. Either save up and get the real deal or just enjoy what you have which is not very far from gen ;)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Not true. My modder is reshaping the case. Then I'll be happy. Maybe ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: M Scott

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Btw, any of you guys possibly have pics of Noob with shaved crystal gasket?

DMJW

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/1/16

is this what it takes to put an arf bracelet on a noob or did I misunderstand?

domsdaddy123

Patron
Certified
6/8/15
Btw, any of you guys possibly have pics of Noob with shaved crystal gasket?

Its the xtal that makes the rehult look too high..grab a gen xtal or play with an arf...that being said, unfortunately the casemakers tolerances are not perfectly consistent and I have seen some cases with a slightly deep rehult, its easier to see using the etching as a constant...be tough in QC

For the SEL, it does look improved and this is critical in a daytona...if the bracelet really bothers you, you can always get some aftermarket endlinks for using with a band and get s really great look..Then just grab a arf clasp and call it a day...Theres a couple of nice aftermarket companies that make SS case fitting endlinks, "armour of the king" or strapcode revenge endlink among others, stuff works and looks great...lets not forget.how close we are getting! I never thought we would see a real fake 4130! Or 3186/5! Now if we can get the factories to copy some AP and Patek movements we can really blow the minds of the masses!

Reactions: SRBJKU and 2841

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17

So hard to capture this in a pic but even looking straight on the face it seems as if the 116500 dial was much deeper in the case than in the 116520.

I also noticed this defect. It is due to the crystal and the gasket or it is a problem of construction of the case?

Arf don't have this problem...

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Gen 116515 I saw looked deeper in the case than the rep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Ordered an ARF dial and smaller gasket, will see if this helps.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Where did you order a single ARF dial from?

I’d love to know that too. Is there a way to avoid buying a donor watch?

Inviato dal mio iPhone 11 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

pepsiperfect

20/1/16
i have a Daytona but my Deepsea is getting more wrist time so I just aren't feeling it.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I’d love to know that too. Is there a way to avoid buying a donor watch?

Inviato dal mio iPhone 11 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk
Same here.. I haven't found a TD who can source dial only

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
One of the members here has a dealer who gets stuff for him and he is my proxy (two watches ordered that way and now the arf dial that the dealer is sourcing).

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
The V3 looks really good. For me this a great rep, anyway i don't think is possible to find a chrono for less than 1000USD. Hope after the holidays i will have some money left and i will put the trigger :)

Swiss Maiden

20/9/19
Yeah i like the mine in general but the bracelet was too loose and light even after a baby oil bath. I switched it out for a white rubberB and its really comfortable.

This looks great, specially for the summer lol.

Can you please provide us with the link for this rubber band? Was the fitting easy?

Thanks!