• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Are BP reps good?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I subscribe everything positive said avobe about BP watches. I had four 5-digit subs over the years: 1 x JF, 1 x BP with genuine ETA, 1 x BP with Miyota 9015 and now a Ginault. I can tell you that the value of BP surpasses all of them. I am only keeping the Ginault now because of sheer quality upgrade over the others, but if I had to buy a 5-digit sub I would not hesitate at all and would go for a BP. Great dial, great date font, and overall good build, for half the price of the JF (plus BP comes with reliable movements).

For GMTs it's the same, and they have actually released a full series of CHS GMTs that work really well. Mine has been back and forth the Atlantic these last few weeks, with constant timezone changes, and still ticks like a champ:

3pQb1.jpg

As muiramas very rightly said, all 5-digit Rolex bracelets ARE rattly, tinny, filmsy. The real ones feel that way too. Nothing a quick clean and oiling can't solve, and it will get better the more you wear it. I find the 5-digit cases way more comfortable to wear and very pleasant to look at, so that's why I keep them and end up selling my ceramic ones after the honeymoon period passes.

Also, don't get me started on BP Datejusts. To me they used to be the best option out there. Very close to the quality of the almighty ARFs, but with a more reliable movement (ETA clone) and almost $200 less price. Now we have the DJFs that are really good (mate, that crystal IS sexy), but BP does still make good Datejusts (my only complain and the reason I'd rather pass now, is that their fluted bezel is too wide).

These are some of the BPs I have had over the years. All of them great value watches:

hixGK.jpg

hic81.jpg

hig7j.jpg

​​​​​​​
hiVAv.jpg

Swiss Maiden

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/19
My first rep was BP Daydate. Loved the piece but I couldn’t pulled it off around people... too much attention lol

I‘m thinking of getting 16610LV from BP until I find TC to replace lol

Do you still have it? Can you share some pics?

Dmage

Known Member
4/7/19
I have few BP reps, all highly recommended by folks here. They are good but it just took too long, too much effort to QC. There’s always an obvious problem here and there. Other makers like XF, MK, GM are spot on most of the time.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Just got my 1rst BP rep, with this 16710 Pepsi, and I must admit the 1rst feeling is great.
a2bf92e7599f20571e4f936eea4dd1a4.jpg

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Congratulations mate, that 16710 looks great. And very good QC by the way, the insert and cyclops are perfectly aligned and SELs look good too.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Congratulations mate, that 16710 looks great. And very good QC by the way, the insert and cyclops are perfectly aligned and SELs look good too.

Thank you, I'll post a quick review later with more pics on the other BP GMT thread, and might have a few technical questions regarding 2813 movement.

Cheers

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Dmage

Known Member
4/7/19

New QC photo for DJ 31mm, looks like only BP makes it. Looks pretty good but then with that magnifying cyclop, my untrained eyes can see the dw not centered (vertically) 1m away from my phone.

Another 1-2week wait for new one/another round of QC. Not a complaint, I know it’s part of the game. Just emphasize the need to pay extra attention & allow more time for them. Probably one reason why my TD seems always hesitant when I ask about BP watches.