• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Compare ARF 116710LN with the VRF 116710LN

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
occb2 just received an update by a local modder and he told me that what happened to your hands / dial is normal, cause 3185 movements have not such a stopper for hands as 3186 used. I have no clue how his derails are called in English. However, his explanation sounded reasonable

Time doesn’t exist, clocks exist.

Reactions: occb2

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
occb2 Hey bro next time you are working on your ARF/VRFs could you please measure the hands pinions? I've seen some conflicting info on gen GMT hands hole sizes and need more info.

Also if you know the gen hands hole sizes that would be much appreciated too. That info is hard to find online. Thanks!

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
occb2 Hey bro next time you are working on your ARF/VRFs could you please measure the hands pinions? I've seen some conflicting info on gen GMT hands hole sizes and need more info.

Also if you know the gen hands hole sizes that would be much appreciated too. That info is hard to find online. Thanks!

Hey KJ2020 what kind of conflicts have you heard about?

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Hi occb2 I hope you're doing well and had a good christmas !

I wanted to know how were the movements holding up and if by now you had picked your favorite btw the ARF and VRF ;-) ?

T&E

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/18
Between arf and vrf which is the better case?

Inviato dal mio SM-N960F utilizzando Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hey KJ2020 what kind of conflicts have you heard about?

Just different measurements from different vendors selling "gen-spec" replacement hands. Hands hole sizes have varied on gen movements throughout their evolution. It's pretty difficult to find trustworthy gen info online.

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
So is the VRF.

So far from what I understood, it isn't, the gen crystal and bezel need mooding for installation

Edit: my post is incorrect following occb2 and ap@12's post - my apologies

Last edited:

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Just different measurements from different vendors selling "gen-spec" replacement hands. Hands hole sizes have varied on gen movements throughout their evolution. It's pretty difficult to find trustworthy gen info online.

I will let you know once my gen hand set is installed. I’m pretty sure they do fit

Reactions: KJ2020

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
So far from what I understood, it isn't, the gen crystal and bezel need mooding for installation

You can have a look into my brief review.
Gen bezel assembly together with gen gasket is no problem on VRF. Occb2 (Rob) mentioned in his ARF vs VR thread that he would even prefer the VRF case because it’s a bit more gen like than the ARF. Nonetheless, both cases a great bases I guess.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo.../8392363-vrf-vs-gen-116710ln-gmt-quick-review

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Hi occb2 I hope you're doing well and had a good christmas !

I wanted to know how were the movements holding up and if by now you had picked your favorite btw the ARF and VRF ;-) ?

Hey. Been busy during the holidays working.

No the ARF hour jumper needs to be replaced. It only goes in one direction. I serviced the VRF one and it is running great but I haven't installed it. I actually like the ARF design better I just need to service the movement and replace the broken part.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
By the way. I used parts from both watches and mixed real rolex parts.

I used the case of the VRF. Real crystal, used the ARF bezel with a real 116710LN insert. I used the ARF 3185. Only because I like the 85 better than the 86. I used the ARF 78200. Real dial and hands and date wheel. Lastly I put in a real crown just because I had it. The one that comes with the ARF and VRF is fine thought.

I have a new dial waiting for me to install due to the fact that the hour hand touched the dial when I installed it and scratched it. You really cant see it with the crystal on unless you zoom in on it. But it bothers me none the less. LOL.

I am happy with the build. I may just throw the VR3186 in there with the existing dial and service the ARF movement and repair the jumping hour spring. Then figure out which movement I will use for the final build.

My favorite right now is what I listed above. They all have their positives and negatives. As you can see with 28 pages of replies and opinions.