• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Compare ARF 116710LN with the VRF 116710LN

Cranberry2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/19
I'm really very insecure... I ordered the gmt from ARF... And think about getting the Batman from vrf to do it now. But I only want to do the service and maybe exchange risk parts inside. Which way should you go now?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I'm really very insecure...Which way should you go now?

Spend the money you've put aside for watch purchases on a good psychiatrist - or at least a good self-help book. This one is highly recommended.

AiKnF.jpg

Cranberry2

31/3/19
so I can give you an hour so that your behavior is like a human being and like one who lives on the street.

English is not my mother tongue and I use translators for it.

Deal with it or don't read it.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
so I can give you an hour so that your behavior is like a human being and like one who lives on the street.

Sorry if I offended you (there are probably self help books for that actually). Anyway, sorry. I was just using humour to make a serious point; these are toy watches, that's it. Don't overthink it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Therion666

zilli0n

12/9/17
Just a question : is it possible to mount a submariner oyster bracelet on a GMT ?
Beacause i really donc like the shiny/polished center of the GMT bracelet..
Thanks for your answer !

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
Anyone in EU who can service the VR3185 movement AND doens't have a 8 week backlog of work...?

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Just a question : is it possible to mount a submariner oyster bracelet on a GMT ?
Beacause i really donc like the shiny/polished center of the GMT bracelet..
Thanks for your answer !

Absolutely. This is exactly what VRF did. They just took the 97200 rep and polished the center links. So in theory a ARF 97200 will fit the VRF. The VRF 97200 was built for their sub case and the lugs were a little to thick and not exactly 20 mm so for a real 97200 or ARF or Noob 97200 to fit you would have to modify the gap between the lugs.

I would grab a ARF 97200 and use that. But use the clasp of the the GMT. They are little different. Good luck.

Reactions: jcher

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14

I think he was just making a joke and not making fun of you. Read the book title.

As far as your question. I would love the batman but I have reached out to 2 of our TD's and they both say that they are on the website but are in back order. When they come out we will know better.

The ARF that you ordered, I would change the dial, hands, crystal and insert. You are lucky and can just get the insert. Just be very careful installing. It is held it by compression. You will most likely break the fake on when you take it out but when installing, slow even pressing around the whole insert will be your friend.

Reactions: Futzorr

zilli0n

12/9/17
Absolutely. This is exactly what VRF did. They just took the 97200 rep and polished the center links. So in theory a ARF 97200 will fit the VRF. The VRF 97200 was built for their sub case and the lugs were a little to thick and not exactly 20 mm so for a real 97200 or ARF or Noob 97200 to fit you would have to modify the gap between the lugs.

I would grab a ARF 97200 and use that. But use the clasp of the the GMT. They are little different. Good luck.

Thanks a lot for this complete answer !

Reactions: occb2

wNe

O.G.
27/11/11
Thanks Rob but I am still undecided. Lol...
I tend to go with ARF. Overall it looks more close to my gen - from what I have seen.

However, will wait for your 3186 tear down and see if a new set of new gen hands will fit without any issues on the 3185 then.
Would be good to know if the eBay part posted above could give more reliability to 3186.

Nonetheless my idea is to wait for ARF Batman, replace all necessary parts by gen LN parts and then be able to switch once I’m in the mood :)

Haha I’m still unsure which movement now ????
Still no plain answer here..

I still don’t know if the 3185 movement accept gen hands without any problem.. because then I take it.

But when this movement has some problems with it I have to stick with the 3186.

And here I still don’t know which part we now need to fix the stability...

Reactions: mega12

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Haha I’m still unsure which movement now ????
Still no plain answer here..

I still don’t know if the 3185 movement accept gen hands without any problem.. because then I take it.

But when this movement has some problems with it I have to stick with the 3186.

And here I still don’t know which part we now need to fix the stability...

Either do we. These movements are out for 2 weeks or so. The VR I changed only the broken reversing wheel, and added the second one just because I had it. I think the one would had been fine. Also when winding I felt a little slip. So I changed the main spring. That was it. It is running now for 3ish days fine. I just wound it up again. It is keeping in the down position, which is how I have it breaking in, at an amp of 230-250 and 0 to .1 beat error and about +/- 3 seconds. So it is solid.

The ARF I will take apart to see at a late date. It is running my watch like a chap. I am more of a fan of the 3185 than the 3186 from all the reading. Yes your hands shake more with a 3185 when using the jumping hour hand but I really don't care. Never the less they are both new and good movements. They do need cleaning. The ARF seems dirtier while the VRF was dry as hell.

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
I think the main question is about scratching the dial while installing hands.
I have no problem with shaking hands, but scratched dial would be annoying I guess

Time doesn’t exist, clocks exist.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I think the main question is about scratching the dial while installing hands.
I have no problem with shaking hands, but scratched dial would be annoying I guess

Time doesn’t exist, clocks exist.

Yea that bothered me. Cost me $600 for a new dial. I've been pressing hands for awhile and I should had looked at how close the hand was before I tested the jumping hour hand. It really could had been the hand hole was stretched. What I will do is when I take the watch apart I will measure both hour pinions and see if there is a size difference. But again that won't be for a week or two. Thanksgiving is here already. LOL.

Reactions: mega12 and KJ2020

michi_werner

Known Member
21/8/18
Very valuable knowledge shared by the experienced members here, very much appreciated! I’m personally waiting for the Pepsi, hopefully either VRF or ARF release one soon. If the new movements turn out to be stable, I will get it. If not, I can only take one of the existing ICHS Reps or hope for ARF, VRF or NOOB release a Pepsi with a ETA clone that’s more stable...

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
How many are you building?

Just one, but what happens if I will scratch one like you did? Lol ;)
No, might put 1 or 2 for sale here. Let’s see.
Thought it’s good for the community to have some spare

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
occb2 do you know whether a gen 3135 stem would fit one of the new 3185 or 3186 movements?