• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Compare ARF 116710LN with the VRF 116710LN

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Thanks occb2 and Pelagic. Yes, I get it...I may just keep the noob until ARF or vrf creates Pepsi. The LN just does not speak to me. Noob rehaut engraving is like my gen Batman.

Well the VRF has the proper model number for your Pepsi especially with that dial. LOL.

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I understand the vrf and ARF is gen spec and probably the best route. At the guys who do have gen movements or frankens in their noobs cases, have you had broken stems, problems, or any issues so far?

Some more info here bro

https://rwg.cc/topic/190047-genuine-3186-movement/

Getting a shorter stem height movement (A3186) to fit in a taller stem height case (2836, which the Noob case is) requires some combination of thicker dial spacer, a dial "displacer" (to lower the whole movement and dial away from the dial seat) and a custom movement holder. Also if you just lower the movement (regardless of dial displacement) you run into issues with date magnification due to increased distance from cyclops to datewheel. You can't elevate the DW in a 3185/6 like Noob does in the 2824 CHS. So even the best attempts at previous gen 3186 in a Noob case end up with too much upward pressure on the stem and/or an overmagnified date. There's always the option of moving the tube up, which can be done. Remove, fill, redrill and tap. I'm sure there are members here who can do this. Maybe ask jmb if you want to pursue it. The Noob Pepsi case is quite nice, I would not rule this option out.
​​​​​​

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Thanks kj2020, appreciate the info brother. I may just settle for now. It sounds fun to do..just may be more cost effective to wait for a Pepsi with clone 3185/86 movement.

Reactions: KJ2020

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
KJ2020 Your mention of custom movement holder has grabbed my attention. Could you share a photo of the one you are using ?
I'd like to know the dimensions of the one you are using. I've had trouble with the height distorting the date magnification as you mentioned as well.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
In my perception ARF hands look better. I would switch them in addition to bracelet. And I am not that convinced that VRF case is the better option. I need to see both in my hands, feel both and decide then. That’s why I would like to have both :)

if you install arf hands on vrf or gen dial you'll have lume mismatch

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
Does look good, the dial is crisp. Insert numbers on the thin side. ARF have the insert nailed down.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
if you install arf hands on vrf or gen dial you'll have lume mismatch

Why should I have a mismatch then? Both use CL as far as I know? It shouldn’t be that kind of a difference I guess. occb2 what do you think as you do have both onsite?

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
I bought if for I friend of mine. But this is lovely watch really this is so little details you won't see on your hand. It wears beautifully.

Just buy it and enjoy guys.

Reactions: velox

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 Your mention of custom movement holder has grabbed my attention. Could you share a photo of the one you are using ?
I'd like to know the dimensions of the one you are using. I've had trouble with the height distorting the date magnification as you mentioned as well.

I've not done one of these builds bro. I was going to try to fit an ARF or VRF movement to the Noob Pepsi case but based on what I've read and seen I no longer feel like it's worth it. We have two gen spec cases now, Noob will either catch up or lose out.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
hX6K1.jpg

Really inexcusable that the rehault top ledge needs sanding and polishing. I have a $60 DHGATE beater with a perfectly smooth one. On a first out of the gate revolutionary model, wow.

Last edited:

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Really inexcusable that the rehault top ledge needs sanding and polishing. I have a $60 DHGATE beater with a perfectly smooth one. On a first out of the gate revolutionary model, wow.

Maybe, you guys are pro in spotting such a small details. I don't notice those when I wear it :)

​​​​​I think when you have just one to wear you really try to have as close to gen as you possibly can, but when I started to have so many in my hands I think it's just so small details not worth bothering.

We are talking about reps after all. It's 500$ vs 10k+.

Cheers guys

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
You are right you should enjoy the watch as much as you can, it does look very nice. But everyone has different tolerance for little flaws and will obsess over different things.

I for example am very picky with misaligned rehaut engraving, so this VRF is not for me unfortunately

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Why should I have a mismatch then? Both use CL as far as I know? It shouldn’t be that kind of a difference I guess. occb2 what do you think as you do have both onsite?

China doesnt use Chroma. They are still on Super lum. They just color it blue. They are also correct that you may have mismatching lum. I have seen the same factory on the same watch have un-even or discolor lum.