• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Compare ARF 116710LN with the VRF 116710LN

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
I read all posts here, but missed a few questions.
I have already a superfranken based on the Noob 116710 Case with a GEN 3186. Would like to sell the GEN Movement and will add one of these.

So should I go directly to the VRF Case with all GEN Parts Incl. the VRF Movement, or should I just add the VRF Movement to the Noob case ? (if it even fits). Because now its a bit hard with the crown and the stem height..

I have a GEN 78200 so not worried about SEL.

I just want the best of the best if you understand me :D

occb2 Maybe can help in this case!

But if you want best of the best you must keep the gen movement!!

Reactions: LuminorReptar

wNe

O.G.
27/11/11
You have already the movement ring for the noob case
so the vrf movement should fit then

Correct. But its sometimes hard to screw or change the crown.. because its still a bit a different height of the stem.. I don't want to break it or something else.

So if the VRF Case is better than the noob I would change too. But rehaut need to polished ofc.

Reactions: KJ2020

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
Correct. But its sometimes hard to screw or change the crown.. because its still a bit a different height of the stem.. I don't want to break it or something else.

So if the VRF Case is better than the noob I would change too. But rehaut need to polished ofc.

Have the converted yuki 3185 that i will place into the vrf case

Reactions: wNe

wNe

O.G.
27/11/11
Have the converted yuki 3185 that i will place into the vrf case

And is the case overall better than the noob? :D
(Still thinking about the crown/stem height problem on the noob.. don't know if it will break sometime, because at the moment its hard)

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I read all posts here, but missed a few questions.
I have already a superfranken based on the Noob 116710 Case with a GEN 3186. Would like to sell the GEN Movement and will add one of these.

So should I go directly to the VRF Case with all GEN Parts Incl. the VRF Movement, or should I just add the VRF Movement to the Noob case ? (if it even fits). Because now its a bit hard with the crown and the stem height..

I have a GEN 78200 so not worried about SEL.

I just want the best of the best if you understand me :D

occb2 Maybe can help in this case!

Where did you get the movement ring?

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
wNeKJ2020 Who custom made the movement holder? I have BODs Franken 116710LN coming to me soon and I am looking to do something similar to you as I understand the movement was giving him issues, should I just get the VRF and abandon the noob case all together, and transfer all gen parts into VRF case?

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
And is the case overall better than the noob? :D
(Still thinking about the crown/stem height problem on the noob.. don't know if it will break sometime, because at the moment its hard)

Thats why i Will go for the vrf
its a direct fit
have also 2 movementrings on the way for the noob case but Will go the vrf way

Reactions: wNe

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Custom Movement holder by Domi

First I heard of a custom movement ring. I do know of one here in the states but never the less there is way to much pressure on the stem because of the location. No matter what movement ring you use. There is a trick I heard of from a friend. You remove the gaskets in the tube and it relieves some of the tension of the stem.

There is zero need to do that now. We have 2 cases as of this week that house a real 3185/86.

I would keep the real 3186 and swap it to the VRF as of now.

I just got all the parts in this week so I will attempt to built a custom 116710 with both the AR and the VRF. Still don't know which movement I will use. As of now I am thinking of keeping the bezel assembly of which ever I decide. They are both Rolex spec build bezel assemblies. I got 2 real bezels, one I got here that is cracked and another in amazing condition. I got a new crystal ring, and crystal, I have rolex 116710 hands and dial. I have a 704 crown. I have a rolex date wheel. I will use which ever case and band I like better. I will post pics here and do a build thread. Tomorrow is nuts so I doubt it will happen tomorrow but hoping Sunday. I only have 1 rolex hydrel ring. I have 5 aftermarket. Since I am not using a real rolex bezel I will attempt to aftermarket first to see it if works.

Reactions: Floyd334

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
First I heard of a custom movement ring. I do know of one here in the states but never the less there is way to much pressure on the stem because of the location. No matter what movement ring you use. There is a trick I heard of from a friend. You remove the gaskets in the tube and it relieves some of the tension of the stem.

There is zero need to do that now. We have 2 cases as of this week that house a real 3185/86.

I would keep the real 3186 and swap it to the VRF as of now.

I just got all the parts in this week so I will attempt to built a custom 116710 with both the AR and the VRF. Still don't know which movement I will use. As of now I am thinking of keeping the bezel assembly of which ever I decide. They are both Rolex spec build bezel assemblies. I got 2 real bezels, one I got here that is cracked and another in amazing condition. I got a new crystal ring, and crystal, I have rolex 116710 hands and dial. I have a 704 crown. I have a rolex date wheel. I will use which ever case and band I like better. I will post pics here and do a build thread. Tomorrow is nuts so I doubt it will happen tomorrow but hoping Sunday. I only have 1 rolex hydrel ring. I have 5 aftermarket. Since I am not using a real rolex bezel I will attempt to aftermarket first to see it if works.

Right but the issue I have is I just spent over $1000 on a noob Pepsi...gen crystal and gmf dial...I want the Pepsi still...so if my option on the time bomb is put in a movement ring and a clone 3185 or 3186..I would just pop that sucker in...cost less than revamping the total build

Last edited:
Reactions: Pietros

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
Right but the issue I have is I just spent over $1000 on a noob Pepsi...gen crystal and gmf dial...I want the Pepsi still...so if my option on the time bomb is put in a movement ring and a clone 3185 or 3186..I would just pop that sucker in...cost less than revamping the total build

In the same boat bud. I don’t see how it would work though without putting stress on the stem. The crown height is off on the noob blro.

Reactions: Vvvlllooo and occb2

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
In the same boat bud. I don’t see how it would work though without putting stress on the stem. The crown height is off on the noob blro.

The new cases are made for a 3185/86 so from what I felt at least on the ARF that I took apart, there is zero stress on the stem and there is zero movement ring. I will give you the case I decide not to use and if I were you flop your stuff over to that case. Take that stress off the stem.

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
The new cases are made for a 3185/86 so from what I felt at least on the ARF that I took apart, there is zero stress on the stem and there is zero movement ring. I will give you the case I decide not to use and if I were you flop your stuff over to that case. Take that stress off the stem.

Thanks bro. Awesome as usual!

Reactions: occb2

PETROLHE4D

Known Member
21/1/19
Sorry guys. Just getting home. I wore the VR today feels good. The ARF is in parts. I have a few watches to fix and got a floor installed. Also waiting on the Rolex 116710 LN assembly coming in. I will post more pics. I am hoping on figuring out which is my favorite.

Few thing that tick me off on the ARF is the rehaut finish. The top is very unfinished. The VRF is also unfinished but better. So a polish is required.

Also the ARF band is a sub band except the clasp. They did polish the center links but the end links read 97200. Don’t get me wrong no one will read it lol but still I don’t get it.

The VRF case like I said reads 126710 so it will be a great case for a new Batman or Pepsi build. I put the ARF band on the VRF and fits perfectly.

9347617d8a625add6e1fd159b9ac5cd7.jpg
306497d99a8936af876beb2d127f4603.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you say Noob has a better rehaut? I just finished a franken noob V9. Also, do you think I can fit VR or ARF movement into Noob V9 case? I have gen crown and tube. Thank you!

Sent from the RWI App

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
PETROLHE4D based on Mike's and Rob's experiments both the VRF and ARF movements are both gen spec, so you can technically fit them in a Noob GMT case, but only with a custom movement holder, and with significant pressure on the stem.

Reactions: KJ2020

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I understand the vrf and ARF is gen spec and probably the best route. At the guys who do have gen movements or frankens in their noobs cases, have you had broken stems, problems, or any issues so far?

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I understand the vrf and ARF is gen spec and probably the best route. At the guys who do have gen movements or frankens in their noobs cases, have you had broken stems, problems, or any issues so far?

I did when we first built it. That was a long time ago. I stopped because when people say custom movement holder I was making it out of left over crystal gaskets and melting them together with heat. Never the less the angle of the stem was off. Sometime I couldn't screw the crown down right. When mine was first built by mike. On route to Los Vegas the stem broke. It still ran fine but I removed the small part on the crown and just screwed the crown in. I gave it back to him and he put in a second one and same thing happen. He had to toy with it and it never happen again. Now the rehaut engraving alignment to the dial was off a hair . Couldn't see unless you wore a loop. It didnt bother me or the guy who brought it from me a year later.

Understand the ETA stem hight and the Rolex stem hight are different.

As far as the rehaut of the Noob. I don't know. I don't own a noob GMT. I have an old noob GMT case in my shop but it is a few years old. Right now I am thinking of the ARF and the VRF. I know for all of those who spent lots of $ on their noob builds this sucks. But trust me, for all of us who love this hobby, this is a large deal. I know 2fake4u and myself have been speaking to TD's on the movement and the fact that they actually listen to us is huge. I just wish ARF did more on the case so the movement fit with out tabs and just case screws. Never the less a real or ARF 3186 fits. VRF did case made for the movement and the case screws are the only thing holding in the movement. Happy with that.

This is a very exciting time in the rep world. We have 2 cases and 2 different rolex spec movements, a 3185 and a 3186 to work with. So in all realness we can have a all rolex but mid case 6 dig GMT if one buys a 3185/6. Now if they can come up with a 5 dig. OMG. That would rule. I already have hands and dial and crystal and full bezel assembly and coke and black inserts.

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I did when we first built it. That was a long time ago. I stopped because when people say custom movement holder I was making it out of left over crystal gaskets and melting them together with heat. Never the less the angle of the stem was off. Sometime I couldn't screw the crown down right. When mine was first built by mike. On route to Los Vegas the stem broke. It still ran fine but I removed the small part on the crown and just screwed the crown in. I gave it back to him and he put in a second one and same thing happen. He had to toy with it and it never happen again. Now the rehaut engraving alignment to the dial was off a hair . Couldn't see unless you wore a loop. It didnt bother me or the guy who brought it from me a year later.

Understand the ETA stem hight and the Rolex stem hight are different.

As far as the rehaut of the Noob. I don't know. I don't own a noob GMT. I have an old noob GMT case in my shop but it is a few years old. Right now I am thinking of the ARF and the VRF. I know for all of those who spent lots of $ on their noob builds this sucks. But trust me, for all of us who love this hobby, this is a large deal. I know 2fake4u and myself have been speaking to TD's on the movement and the fact that they actually listen to us is huge. I just wish ARF did more on the case so the movement fit with out tabs and just case screws. Never the less a real or ARF 3186 fits. VRF did case made for the movement and the case screws are the only thing holding in the movement. Happy with that.

This is a very exciting time in the rep world. We have 2 cases and 2 different rolex spec movements, a 3185 and a 3186 to work with. So in all realness we can have a all rolex but mid case 6 dig GMT if one buys a 3185/6. Now if they can come up with a 5 dig. OMG. That would rule. I already have hands and dial and crystal and full bezel assembly and coke and black inserts.

Thanks occb2 and Pelagic. Yes, I get it...I may just keep the noob until ARF or vrf creates Pepsi. The LN just does not speak to me. Noob rehaut engraving is like my gen Batman.