• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Compare ARF 116710LN with the VRF 116710LN

nonox

30/3/12
My Franken calculation was as follows (including shipping costs, because obviously I will have to pay them;))

Both watches ARF + VRF 950€
Sell one after taking best parts: -300€
Gen bezel assembly 650€
Prof Sapphire Glas 200€
Gen dial 500€
Gen hand set 350€
Gen DateDisc 150€
Service / Labor costs 200€

Total: 2.700€

Would be a perfect watch for me, but I rejected then since I do still have the gen and purchased this baby for a bit more than twice that price some years ago. But I‘m really considering the Batman, although knowing that there won’t be gen inserts available for reasonable prices.

Is it worth to buy both watch if you franken at this point ?
I mean, just buy arf or vrf and gen dial, hands, bezel, crystal is enough isn’t it ?

You need both for:
For the movement ?
For the vrf case with arf bracelet ?

mpowergmt

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
23/10/18
Behind You
Is it worth to buy both watch if you franken at this point ?
I mean, just buy arf or vrf and gen dial, hands, bezel, crystal is enough isn’t it ?

You need both for:
For the movement ?
For the vrf case with arf bracelet ?

mi idea is VRF with:

arf bracelet
gen crystal
gen bezel assembly (all)
gen dial
gen hands

i don't think there is need to buy both if you are going franken

Last edited:

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
In my perception ARF hands look better. I would switch them in addition to bracelet. And I am not that convinced that VRF case is the better option. I need to see both in my hands, feel both and decide then. That’s why I would like to have both :)

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
In my perception ARF hands look better. I would switch them in addition to bracelet. And I am not that convinced that VRF case is the better option. I need to see both in my hands, feel both and decide then. That’s why I would like to have both :)

I agree. I need them both completely apart and measure the case thickness and size. Also weight. Also if they will both take real crystal and crystal rings and bezels. I love the 3185 movement. Thought the 3186 is also a nice movement. Never the less we have 2 amazing movement that we didnt have unless one of us made them. So very exciting times.

I wish I still have my real 116710LN. The guy who I sold it to is not in conversation with me so I cant ask them to send it back to me to compare it with real. From memory the ARF looks more like it. I really think it is the crystal and bezel on the VRF. So that will be a mute point when I swap everything. Got my fingers crossed. Either or this will be an epic build. Love the GMT.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Can't wait to see that, I think many of us are expecting the ultimate rep GMT.
Thank you for sharing all these infos, keep them up!

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
It’s going to be interesting seeing how these movements hold up. I think that’s that will sway me. I see two options for myself:

1. VRF base 460
Gen crystal 300
gen datewheel 150
ARF bracelet ?100
Gen insert (I wouldn’t tolerate the thin font) 300
total~ 1300

2. ARF base 490
Gen crystal 300
gen datewheel 150
Total ~950

Then either way add in gen dial and/or hands down the track if it’s a keeper

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
I thought of buying the ARF and franken it. But now it seems I should buy a VRF and a ARF bracelet.

Im a bit lost now regarding the movement, which one is the better?

I already bought gen dial, hands, dw, crystal, bezel assembly + insert... lol

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
markiemark I have dial/complete bezel assembly with insert/crystal but I still need the DW and hands, any chance you can get your hands on another set of hands? My parts are in a noob case as that’s how they’re coming from BOD but I’m also unsure what movement to source. Bracelet and clasp are an easy choice, ARF!

Is the Noob case still regarded as the best or is VRF now all the rage?

P.S. I think mine has the timebomb movement most likely

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
I agree. I need them both completely apart and measure the case thickness and size. Also weight. Also if they will both take real crystal and crystal rings and bezels. I love the 3185 movement. Thought the 3186 is also a nice movement. Never the less we have 2 amazing movement that we didnt have unless one of us made them. So very exciting times.

I wish I still have my real 116710LN. The guy who I sold it to is not in conversation with me so I cant ask them to send it back to me to compare it with real. From memory the ARF looks more like it. I really think it is the crystal and bezel on the VRF. So that will be a mute point when I swap everything. Got my fingers crossed. Either or this will be an epic build. Love the GMT.

If you wouldn’t be that far away, you could take mine to compare :(((
But if you need some specific measurements, I’m happy to support. Just let me know which ones. Of course, I won’t open nor dismantle my watch ;)

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
Have the converted yuki to 3185 to put in the vrf
but not sure iff i Will make it or sell it as have the change to buy a gen watch

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
markiemark I have dial/complete bezel assembly with insert/crystal but I still need the DW and hands, any chance you can get your hands on another set of hands? My parts are in a noob case as that’s how they’re coming from BOD but I’m also unsure what movement to source. Bracelet and clasp are an easy choice, ARF!

Is the Noob case still regarded as the best or is VRF now all the rage?

P.S. I think mine has the timebomb movement most likely

Not sure. Hands are a pita to source. It seems a lot of members bought parts right after the first pics of the movement. 116710 parts were first widely available, but not so much anymore...

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Not sure. Hands are a pita to source. It seems a lot of members bought parts right after the first pics of the movement. 116710 parts were first widely available, but not so much anymore...

If someone needs a dial or bezel assembly, I might have something incoming. Will post an official sales thread then anyway. But prefer to sell to the passionate franken lovers - so this is just a teaser ;)

Reactions: occb2 and douimen

Kmmas

7/4/15
Great review. Thanks a bunch. I’m a little confused regarding the ARF movement. As mentioned it’s a clone of the 3186, and the 3186 gen has a weak spring. So the reps would be even worse. Wouldn’t this make the VRF movement more robust and reliable ? Since it’s sort of a 3185 and doesn’t have that spring problem?

Also can someone point me to mikes VRF thread, I can’t seem to find it. Thanks

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Great review. Thanks a bunch. I’m a little confused regarding the ARF movement. As mentioned it’s a clone of the 3186, and the 3186 gen has a weak spring. So the reps would be even worse. Wouldn’t this make the VRF movement more robust and reliable ? Since it’s sort of a 3185 and doesn’t have that spring problem?

Also can someone point me to mikes VRF thread, I can’t seem to find it. Thanks

That’s the consensus but I don’t think you can go wrong with either...easily fix with gen part

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/8327194-new-vr-167170-movement

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
I'm curios if ARF updated the reversing wheels, If they're the same like SH3135 they have to be replaced with genuine..

wNe

O.G.
27/11/11
I read all posts here, but missed a few questions.
I have already a superfranken based on the Noob 116710 Case with a GEN 3186. Would like to sell the GEN Movement and will add one of these.

So should I go directly to the VRF Case with all GEN Parts Incl. the VRF Movement, or should I just add the VRF Movement to the Noob case ? (if it even fits). Because now its a bit hard with the crown and the stem height..

I have a GEN 78200 so not worried about SEL.

I just want the best of the best if you understand me :D

occb2 Maybe can help in this case!

Last edited:

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
I read all posts here, but missed a few questions.
I have already a superfranken based on the Noob 116710 Case with a GEN 3186. Would like to sell the GEN Movement and will add one of these.

So should I go directly to the VRF Case with all GEN Parts Incl. the VRF Movement, or should I just add the VRF Movement to the Noob case ? (if it even fits). Because now its a bit hard with the crown and the stem height..

I have a GEN 78200 so not worried about SEL.

I just want the best of the best if you understand me :D

occb2 Maybe can help in this case!

You have already the movement ring for the noob case
so the vrf movement should fit then