• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Compare ARF 116710LN with the VRF 116710LN

ChinoWolf

Certified
29/10/17
USA
Thanks for the awesome review, can you just use the gen bezel alone without gen assembly?

PETROLHE4D

Known Member
21/1/19
And gen hands would fit ARF right?
Another thing I would like to know is rehaut, which factory makes the best one on this model? I have a Noob that hasn’t arrived, it is still best rehaut? Or it’s ARF now?
Thank you

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando RWI

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Sorry guys. Just getting home. I wore the VR today feels good. The ARF is in parts. I have a few watches to fix and got a floor installed. Also waiting on the Rolex 116710 LN assembly coming in. I will post more pics. I am hoping on figuring out which is my favorite.

Few thing that tick me off on the ARF is the rehaut finish. The top is very unfinished. The VRF is also unfinished but better. So a polish is required.

Also the ARF band is a sub band except the clasp. They did polish the center links but the end links read 97200. Don’t get me wrong no one will read it lol but still I don’t get it.

The VRF case like I said reads 126710 so it will be a great case for a new Batman or Pepsi build. I put the ARF band on the VRF and fits perfectly.

9347617d8a625add6e1fd159b9ac5cd7.jpg
306497d99a8936af876beb2d127f4603.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Funny thing. The VRF put the model number 126710. So would be great for a batman or new Pepsi. So you know what they are thinking. The ARF is the proper case number of 116710.

Noted... :cool:

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
27/7/15
Second. I am liking the VRF case better. When I put the ARF 78200 which is the proper band, (VR F comes with a 97200 sub band with a GMT buckle)

I dont know why VRF used a 97200 band but never the less use used the right ones.

Now I’m confused, which has the correct 78200 band? In this post you say ARF, but in your most recent post you say VRF

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Sorry. Maybe I typed the wrong one. The ARF has the correct band number.

Reactions: Princewilliam

mpowergmt

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
23/10/18
Behind You
If I were to choose one as a base and then add gen parts (bezel insert dial hands crystal) which would be the best? Very good news ARF bracelet fits VRF perfectly!

Carlytoss

Certified
18/3/16
Snitching your TLS connexion
Awesome occb2 , Thank you!

So If I get to summarize your thread and mike's, the best way to go without gen parts is the VRF (better dial, hands, crystal) with ARF band for better sell, correct band number, better clasp and better bezel/insert.
Same for movement VRF has the 3185 which jumping hour module is more reliable than 3186 (ARF).
And if we want to go franken, every gen parts will fit both on case and movement (bezel, insert, crystal, dial, hands or any movement parts).

What has been happening in the rep world for the past 4 years is mesmerizing.

Last edited:

velox

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/5/15
occb2 I have always loved the 116710. Actually, one of my first rep back in 2015 was a noob ICHS that i loved, until i learned it was ICHS. I have owned a superfranken GMTII that i sold. After these new updates im getting the ARF.
I have always felt that the gen 116710 is a underestimated Rolex, i think thats changing. Anyway, thanks mr. R for the review, really appreciate that and other members work for all of us :)

Reactions: occb2

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Awesome occb2 , Thank you!

So If I get to summarize your thread and mike's, the best way to go without gen parts is the VRF (better dial, hands, crystal) with ARF band for better sell, correct band number, better clasp and better bezel/insert.
Same for movement VRF has the 3185 which jumping hour module is more reliable than 3186 (ARF).
And if we want to go franken, every gen parts will fit both on case and movement (bezel, insert, crystal, dial, hands or any movement parts).

What has been happening in the rep world for the past 4 years is mesmerizing.

don’t forget vrf has the case stamped for Batman and Pepsi also,,just for folks who want to mod it

Took the words right from my mouth crazy how the rep world has changed in the last couple of years.wow..right..

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Hey Occb2, do you know if the 3185 from VR will fit ARF's case? Is it a straight swap? i was thinking of swapping the movements together with hands and dial since they seem better looking to me.

This shows my preoccupation: http://blog.watchdoctor.biz/2018/02/...-3185-vs-3186/

Should be a straight drop in..the movement difference, like Rolex, should be some changes to the date spring...not much if you asked me. 3185 was proven to be more reliable..why rolex decided to upgrade or in this case change it, beats me?

you are planning to buy both right? That would be best to take the guts out of both and interchange the parts...then you would have a super rep! Also, you would have choice of 3185 or 3186 movement at your disposal. I don’t think you can go wrong with either movement or either choices. These two factories did an awesome job with the movements clones.

Last edited:
Reactions: occb2 and XLR8R

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Should be a straight drop in..the movement difference, like Rolex, should be some changes to the date spring...not much if you asked me. 3185 was proven to be more reliable..why rolex decided to upgrade or in this case change it, beats me?

you are planning to buy both right? That would be best to take the guts out of both and interchange the parts...then you would have a super rep! Also, you would have choice of 3185 or 3186 movement at your disposal. I don’t think you can go wrong with either movement or either choices. These two factories did an awesome job with the movements clones.

Yep, that's what i was thinking about! take Both, then transplanting the whole dial+hands+movement VRF block into ARF's case, (i prefer ARF's bezel since it seems flatter and more gen like than VRF's and i can't be bothered to swap the whole ARF's bezel assembly onto VRF's case), keep ARF's crystal since it looks way better, and put in a GEN DW.
Then i should surely have an amazing piece.

IDK if a gen insert is worth it, ARF's seems very gen like, at most i'd go for a molotov mod if it loses color with time, or if it looks "too white" even if from macros it seems quite silvery

Last edited:
Reactions: occb2

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Yep, that's what i was thinking about! take Both, then transplanting the whole dial+hands+movement VRF block into ARF's case, (i prefer ARF's bezel since it seems flatter and more gen like than VRF's and i can't be bothered to swap the whole ARF's bezel assembly onto VRF's case), keep ARF's crystal since it looks way better, and put in a GEN DW.
Then i should surely have an amazing piece.

IDK if a gen insert is worth it, ARF's seems very gen like, at most i'd go for a molotov mod if it loses color with time, or if it looks "too white" even if from macros it seems quite silvery

Hell yea that would be an awesome and fun project. You know..the gen parts weren’t that expensive for the LN, I’m sure it shot up after these two watch launches but man I’ve always learned..nothing beats gen parts. Once you get the part you look back and say, oh yea duh..or that’s why gen is gen...but I get it if you wanted to stay under a price threshold. My opinion is, if you can, spend the money on the part that makes it look good. It’s the visual parts, dials and inserts, that always jumps out and in the long run...you’ll always get the cash back when you do decide to sell it. Most folks here buy on looks alone.to a certain price point..stay under $1500.

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Hell yea that would be an awesome and fun project. You know..the gen parts weren’t that expensive for the LN, I’m sure it shot up after these two watch launches but man I’ve always learned..nothing beats gen parts. Once you get the part you look back and say, oh yea duh..or that’s why gen is gen...but I get it if you wanted to stay under a price threshold. My opinion is, if you can, spend the money on the part that makes it look good. It’s the visual parts, dials and inserts, that always jumps out and in the long run...you’ll always get the cash back when you do decide to sell it. Most folks here buy on looks alone.to a certain price point..stay under $1500.

Agree. Gen is gen.
No matter how good rep dials, bezels, inserts are. The gen is always more shiny, more perfect, more premium, more crisp, IDK, just gen :)

Reactions: occb2 and Vvvlllooo