• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF GMT 116710 SH3186 photo review

LordJensen

Horology Curious
26/2/17
Ask them for more high res pictures of the problems you are worried about :)

but at a quick glance, it looks fine

Thank you very much for the 2 cents! Have asked them for a few more pictures of some different angles, to judge the SELs and the alignment of hourmarkers, but also of the timegrapher to see how the movement runs.

If you are asking for the clasp, why link all the pics ? :p

P.S. clasp is fine

Thank you so much for taking the time to have a look. To answer your question, I couldn't get the pictures attached properly to the post (seemed like they weren't being attached properly from the links), so I just linked the entire album, and maybe hoped that someone would take a look at the other pictures, and maybe help me with something I might have overlooked.

Last edited:

LordJensen

Horology Curious
26/2/17
If I was your TD and you emailed listing these issues and asking for more pics I'd tell you "no".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

How come? Do you think, the possible "issue", that I am pointing to, is me being too picky?
If I see a part of the watch, that I would like to have a more detailed look at, to determine if it has a severe flaw that might be a dealbreaker to me, I would like for the TD to meet that request, in order for me to ma a comprehensive decision based on the information at hand.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
hoped that someone would chime in, if they spotted something, I overlooked.

you're either ignorant of the rules - which means you haven't had the politeness to learn how this forum works before posting - or trying to circumvent them by posting such a long post.

That's not what QC pics are for, and you're not allowed to do that, so please stop right away

Last edited:

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
could you tell me if it is better to ARF case or Noob case to make a franken gmt with VR movement and gen all parts?

Thank you

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
could you tell me if it is better to ARF case or Noob case to make a franken gmt with VR movement and gen all parts?

Thank you

ARF case. The Noob case requires a movement ring for the VR3135, and the stem and tube would not be perfectly aligned. ARF case and VRF movement will be easier, and the result will be better in general.

Reactions: m5smg2

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
ARF case. The Noob case requires a movement ring for the VR3135, and the stem and tube would not be perfectly aligned. ARF case and VRF movement will be easier, and the result will be better in general.

Thank you very much

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
How come? Do you think, the possible "issue", that I am pointing to, is me being too picky?
If I see a part of the watch, that I would like to have a more detailed look at, to determine if it has a severe flaw that might be a dealbreaker to me, I would like for the TD to meet that request, in order for me to ma a comprehensive decision based on the information at hand.

Good enough is good enough. We all know the ARF is a nice rep ootb with a potentially bad movement that may nevertheless last quite well . If I were your TD I would give you the extra pics- a sale is a sale after all- but I would be rolling my eyes

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Few weeks in, paint is chipping. Any particular paint fox for this?
95c23c2909e6addb59f6983190f170fe.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Can ARF case take gen crystal with gen gasket or its the same like Sub (you have to use stock gasket)?

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
IMO, gen date disc is still a must. The font is noticeably sharper and tidier on a gen date disc, compared to the stock date disc.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Few weeks in, paint is chipping. Any particular paint fox for this?
95c23c2909e6addb59f6983190f170fe.jpg

Try a Posca pen bro. Do the whole numeral. If the match is not acceptable (and it likely will not be) you're looking at re-doing the whole insert. You can find the silver by itself if you don't want gold too.

Flood the cutout with paint, let it dry. Wipe off surface flat with a very lightly alcohol dampened taut cloth or q-tip with most of the fluff pulled off.

https://www.amazon.com/Marker-Silver...4862398&sr=8-3

Last edited:

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Buy a gen bezel from me? I will cut you a deal haha.
Haha, thanks for the offer mate. However if I botch the bezel that losing a lot more value that a rep bezel. I appreciate your kindness though!

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Try a Posca pen bro. Do the whole numeral. If the match is not acceptable (and it likely will not be) you're looking at re-doing the whole insert. You can find the silver by itself if you don't want gold too.

Flood the cutout with paint, let it dry. Wipe off surface flat with a very lightly alcohol dampened taut cloth or q-tip with most of the fluff pulled off.

Oof, thank you bro. I'll give that a try! Hopefully the colours match :sweats:

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20

Does this pen work better than the Molotov?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Does this pen work better than the Molotov?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it better, it's more forgiving in not being clumpy when applied thickly or multiple coats. Also dries more uniformly and the color match is perfect to the spray paint I use when doing a full insert out paint mod so it's great for touch ups.

Ceramic insert paint mod

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I had the same issue with you. Just ordered a new ARF 116710LN bezel insert from CT for $58 and problem solved.

If you haven't installed the new insert yet you might want to think about cracking the old one out with the bezel in place.Yoh would need to remove the movement and a dremel with cutting disc is needed. The new install will be much easier if the bezel never has to.come off. You'll likely crack the old insert any way you try fo remove it from the bezel

Hazing did this on his VRF to install a gen insert.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy