• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF GMT 116710 SH3186 photo review

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I agree in so far that on my GMF BLNR with the ICHS it does not seem to be an issue when wearing it, or even when getting "called out" by a a R-factory owner, he thought I had a gen one, but I know these issues are there. So if or when I can get one with the CHS, the properly alighned rehaut, better insert, and the cloned movement I will get it. In fact if it weren't for COVID I would have ordered one already.
Mine is good enough for now, but if or when I can get closer to gen without paying an arm and a leg I will take the next step up ....

This is fair mate. I thought about this but as I'd like to franken this one I'm not willing to buy it as is, franken it then buy a better model when it's around and have to franken it another time. To each their own. I'm not saying this is a big flaw, it is not and not really caring about it is very rational, so I'm glad that most people enjoy it as is. But the human brain (mine at least ;) ) is not always rational

KerwinKey

13/4/19
Just received it last night. Very beautiful piece.

Everything is perfect except for rehaut engraving 0.05mm clockwise and bezel movement being too light.
a27377daf2e5546095f3f1dddbb558f3.jpg
f0a0e70509dd7ccce27872ec967a4e75.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: m5smg2

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Just received it last night. Very beautiful piece.

Everything is perfect except for rehaut engraving 0.05mm clockwise and bezel movement being too light.
a27377daf2e5546095f3f1dddbb558f3.jpg
f0a0e70509dd7ccce27872ec967a4e75.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

These do look very gen like in images.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: m5smg2

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Sorry, could you tell me if it is worth changing my Noob with Spongebob insert for this ARF? Do you think the insert with SpongeBob mod is superior to the ARF insert? (Movement aside)

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
Sorry, could you tell me if it is worth changing my Noob with Spongebob insert for this ARF? Do you think the insert with SpongeBob mod is superior to the ARF insert? (Movement aside)

which is which here?

Last edited:

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
ah it shows the same watch, I thought one is the spongebob mod, the other is ARF and couldn’t tell the difference.
wimpy judging on the QCs from above I’d say visually it makes not much of a difference, but durability wise, spongebob will probably come out on top

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
Sorry, could you tell me if it is worth changing my Noob with Spongebob insert for this ARF? Do you think the insert with SpongeBob mod is superior to the ARF insert?

Your noob insert also has round corners on the triangle like gen has

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Engravings are better ARF or Noob?

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA

Per the discussion of misaligned rehaut earlier... when I received my QC pics, I immediately zoomed in to check out the rehaut alignment. Right away, I thought to myself "Damn, that's just a little too misaligned on the right side. I might ask for another one." Well, I came back here, double checked the few pictures most recently posted, and its exactly the same... so same as the one that I would immediately accept just a day or two ago lol.

Funny how these things happen :)

Ps, I am accepting this one.

Reactions: Jayfabs and m5smg2

lofi

Known Member
16/5/10
having all this time, i did the final swap today to my personal arf gmt. did the entire bezel assembly crystal and gasket, pulled the movement for a quick check and did the tube and crown at the same time. when i got it the rehaut was off by a smidge. now after reassembly it looks good. no problems with any of the gen parts.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
lofi looks nice! Just wanted to make sure I'm understanding correctly- when reassembling, the rehaut and dial markers are now more aligned than when you first received it?

Also, I keep going back and forth about going full gen bezel aassembly, or just doing gen insert... so I ask everyone lol- notice any significant difference between gen and stock assembly? (Besides insert of course).

lofi

Known Member
16/5/10
lofi looks nice! Just wanted to make sure I'm understanding correctly- when reassembling, the rehaut and dial markers are now more aligned than when you first received it?

Also, I keep going back and forth about going full gen bezel aassembly, or just doing gen insert... so I ask everyone lol- notice any significant difference between gen and stock assembly? (Besides insert of course).

if you are only worried about appearance than the insert will do, functionally it does feel different than the gen when rotating. yeah, don't know how but after putting the movement/dial back in, crown stem in, screwed down the movement, the rehaut was no longer noticeably out. somehow it did it itself. i didnt even check till i closed the case and flipped the watch, i assumed it was going to be the same .5mm out. pleasant suprise.