• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF GMT 116710 SH3186 photo review

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
No one seems to be mentioning the slightly misaligned rehaut engraving. I haven't seen any picture with a well aligned rehaut engraving yet. That's why I haven't purchased so far. Unlike the datewheel this is not fixable unfortunately :(

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
No one seems to be mentioning the slightly misaligned rehaut engraving. I haven't seen any picture with a well aligned rehaut engraving yet. That's why I haven't purchased so far. Unlike the datewheel this is not fixable unfortunately :(

Gens also come with aligned or misaligned rehauts - it's really hit or miss. Nothing to worry about and actually not accepted as a claim by Rolex. They don't specify a 100% aligned rehaut...

Tobel

6/7/17
Gens also come with aligned or misaligned rehauts - it's really hit or miss. Nothing to worry about and actually not accepted as a claim by Rolex. They don't specify a 100% aligned rehaut...

This is unfortunately something that I'm very sensitive to. I guess we all have things that we can or cannot live with :)

Reactions: m5smg2

Jayfabs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/18
California
This is unfortunately something that I'm very sensitive to. I guess we all have things that we can or cannot live with :)

Can u please point out what you think is miss aligned? I’m assuming between 1-4 o’clock? I personally think that most of you guys over react way to much with these watches especially with the whole dead give away from across the room. The only crazy person that will maybe be able to tell from up close is the guy who has reps and thinks he knows everything. Also with QC If the pictures are taken slightly off angle it will make things appear miss aligned and even then most times u can not see unless you take pictures and blow it up.

Last edited:

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Just curious: what dimensions of sensitve are we talking about? Would you reject the one five posts before in jayfabs QC pics?

Tobel

6/7/17
Can u please point out what you think is miss aligned? I’m assuming between 1-4 o’clock? I personally think that most of you guys over react way to much with these watches especially with the whole dead give away from across the room. The only crazy person that will maybe be able to tell from up close is the guy who has reps and thinks he knows everything. Also with QC If the pictures are taken slightly off angle it will make things appear miss aligned and even then most times u can not see unless you take pictures and blow it up.

If you think "we" are overreacting and you've figured it all out I'm not sure why you're asking me to explain. I don't care about what other people think and what they can see. I care about what I can see, what I like and what I don't. Now if you really want to know, the letters should be aligned with the minute markers and they're not, and the misalignment is inconsistent alongside the rehaut which makes it impossible to fix because getting one part better means making the rest worse.

Tobel

6/7/17
Just curious: what dimensions of sensitve are we talking about? Would you reject the one five posts before in jayfabs QC pics?

No because it's a batch issue so I just didn't buy it. Buying it and rejecting at QC would be unfair to the TD

Reactions: KJ2020

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
No because it's a batch issue so I just didn't buy it. Buying it and rejecting at QC would be unfair to the TD

Makes sense, let's see what the factories will improve in the next versions. Knowing what's possible with laser engraving from a technical point of view, it should be easily solveable...

Jayfabs

7/3/18
California
If you think "we" are overreacting and you've figured it all out I'm not sure why you're asking me to explain. I don't care about what other people think and what they can see. I care about what I can see, what I like and what I don't. Now if you really want to know, the letters should be aligned with the minute markers and they're not, and the misalignment is inconsistent alongside the rehaut which makes it impossible to fix because getting one part better means making the rest worse.
I know what the rehuat is and how it is supposed to be aligned. I Personally do not let such a petty thing bother me.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I know what the rehuat is and how it is supposed to be aligned. I Personally do not let such a petty thing bother me.

I agree in so far that on my GMF BLNR with the ICHS it does not seem to be an issue when wearing it, or even when getting "called out" by a a R-factory owner, he thought I had a gen one, but I know these issues are there. So if or when I can get one with the CHS, the properly alighned rehaut, better insert, and the cloned movement I will get it. In fact if it weren't for COVID I would have ordered one already.
Mine is good enough for now, but if or when I can get closer to gen without paying an arm and a leg I will take the next step up ....

Reactions: m5smg2 and Jayfabs

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA

I think its understandable if someone doesn't want a watch with this type of "imperfection." Especially since he has done his homework and waiting to see if ARF will release a new batch where this is addressed to his liking. Just depends on what you want.

That being said, I personally would have accepted the one you pictured in a heart beat.. maybe just a fraction of a heart beat even. So jealously and eagerly awaiting my QC!!

Red Mamba

Supporter
Certified
6/4/18
Italy
I could live with a misaligned rehaut too, a lot of gens has it.

If i have to choose a batch flaw i'm going to take a rehaut misaligned rather than misaligned marker, numbers, dw flaws or case issues, we know the game, every batch has its problem.

I thinks this is a "solid" version, seems very good in photos and QC pics, i always love the general quality of ARF watches, still remember when i got the sd43.

I'm going to buy one of this and then i'll see if it needs some mods or gen pieces, maybe i'll put a vr3186 inside (If i find one)

Jayfabs

7/3/18
California
I think its understandable if someone doesn't want a watch with this type of "imperfection." Especially since he has done his homework and waiting to see if ARF will release a new batch where this is addressed to his liking. Just depends on what you want.

That being said, I personally would have accepted the one you pictured in a heart beat.. maybe just a fraction of a heart beat even. So jealously and eagerly awaiting my QC!!
You are correct and I agree. I just want to be the guy that lets the new guys know that most of the things people point out as a huge flaw will almost never be visible on the wrist. Most of these watches at the price point are great watches and will surely impress most people. I have friends that work at retail stores selling gens and they think mine are real.

Jayfabs

7/3/18
California
I could live with a misaligned rehaut too, a lot of gens has it.

If i have to choose a batch flaw i'm going to take a rehaut misaligned rather than misaligned marker, numbers, dw flaws or case issues, we know the game, every batch has its problem.

I thinks this is a "solid" version, seems very good in photos and QC pics, i always love the general quality of ARF watches, still remember when i got the sd43.

I'm going to buy one of this and then i'll see if it needs some mods or gen pieces, maybe i'll put a vr3186 inside (If i find one)

I might also put a vr3186 for reliability. I have 3 other ARF’s from BK with the Swiss ETA for reliability. I don’t care if it’s not a gen movement.

Red Mamba

Supporter
Certified
6/4/18
Italy
I might also put a vr3186 for reliability. I have 3 other ARF’s from BK with the Swiss ETA for reliability. I don’t care if it’s not a gen movement.

If the movement works fine i'm going to keep it, if it will needs repair or service than i'll put the vr3186.

I'm looking for it now because i prefer to have it in hands, but i'm not able to find it, i sent emails to some TDs but nothing.

Reactions: Jayfabs

Jayfabs

7/3/18
California
If the movement works fine i'm going to keep it, if it will needs repair or service than i'll put the vr3186.

I'm looking for it now because i prefer to have it in hands, but i'm not able to find it, i sent emails to some TDs but nothing.
I thought there was info in this thread about who has them. I bought a gen DW early on but if I swap movements the vr3186 is supposed to be good enough. We will see. Same boat if it goes bad I will swap.

Reactions: Red Mamba

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
Don't think that the misaligned rehaut is a batch problem, on my ARF GMT i can align the crown on 12 position and the right side will be perfectly aligned whereas the left get's more and more misaligned from 12 to 6 position as the letters have little too much spacing in between. The Problem was and still is the same on ARFs Subs so unfortunately i don't think ARF will fix it in the next batches ..

Last edited:

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Just ordered one from Li. Will see how it looks in qc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Really too bad ARF's batch of cases has the misaligned engravings. Noob's Pepsi's are the same, shifted about .5mm or more clockwise. It's great when you can overlook some flaws, there are plenty that I can. This one not so much.

BTW with this movement there is no chance of rotating the dial (and movement) slightly to "fix" the alignment issue. The movement is too big and too close to the tube inside the case to allow for any deviations.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Really too bad ARF's batch of cases has the misaligned engravings. Noob's Pepsi's are the same, shifted about .5mm or more clockwise. It's great when you can overlook some flaws, there are plenty that I can. This one not so much.

BTW with this movement there is no chance of rotating the dial (and movement) slightly to "fix" the alignment issue. The movement is too big and too close to the tube inside the case to allow for any deviations.

Would this still apply if one were to swap for the VR3185?