• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF GMT 116710 SH3186 photo review

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Anyone else get theirs before CNY?
a0aef37f4d8d1e9f6c2f876d7fc5f49d.plist

Hello.
Is this stock arf?:O Looking very good!

Reactions: m5smg2

Rollie_69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/11/19
Need QC check, watch face seems good besides the DW, but I’ll get a Gen disc to replaced. Clasp I’m not so sure about, would you GL?

Reactions: m5smg2

gj1992

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/10/16
Germany
Im going to get the ARF, but how is the ARF compared with the Noob V10 GMT ? Just saw comparisons between the ARF and the VRF

Gesendet von meinem SM-N975F mit Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Im going to get the ARF, but how is the ARF compared with the Noob V10 GMT ? Just saw comparisons between the ARF and the VRF

Gesendet von meinem SM-N975F mit Tapatalk

The ARF GMT is a superlative rep except for two things. The movement is not nearly as good as the VR3185 in the VRF GMT. And the DW is too bold, an all too common ARF flaw.

Everything else about it is extremely good, it is a beautiful watch. The insert engravings are a tad too deep but hardly noticeable IRL.

The Noob case is also very good, it has a better DW but it's often left justified. The Noob movement is worse than the ARF's SH3186. It's a 2824 CHS timebomb. Best scenario IMO is VR3185 movement (which is readily available from thrillofhunt and comes with a good DW) installed in an ARF case.

I'm doing that now for a friend, these are his watches. Note that the lugs on the ARF GMT are not FAT like ARF Subs are. Shown next to a Noob V10. This ARF caseset is the BOMB!

Y6tKc.jpg

Y66B4.jpg

Y6YqK.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks like the arf has issues with the becel painting? like NoNations paperplane have.

Is this a deal breaker how is it made compared to gen?

Sadly, no rep insert is going to be bulletproof. I've seen pretty much every factory's insert have defective samples. Even Clean Factory (about the best) and even (rarely) ones plated by Spongebob (he will re-plate). So unless it's a batch issue you pays yer money and you takes yer chances, lol.

The ARF I pictured above and currently have in hand has flawless insert markers.

Red Mamba

Supporter
Certified
6/4/18
Italy
General construction of the ARF is better?

I’m planning to franken it with bezel and dw, maybe crystal and i’m undecised between it and VRF (i don’t need to set gmt hands so often)

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
General construction of the ARF is better?

I’m planning to franken it with bezel and dw, maybe crystal and i’m undecised between it and VRF (i don’t need to set gmt hands so often)

The ARF is a marvellous OOTB rep ! However as stated by several experienced members the movement isn't as good as the VR3185.

Aesthetically speaking the VRF, in my opinion, doesn't look as good. ARF has this GEN feeling with the better polish, better bezel action, incredible bracelet, really good SELS and an impressive crystal with proper blackhole effect! I mean look at this picture of my stock ARF:

IMG_42642f304b8a565db7b2.jpg

For reference, here is a picture of my Franken VRF on the left with GEN bezel, insert, xtal, dial and datewheel next to the stock ARF.

IMG_42669a7669abf368c202.jpg

Since, to me the ARF case and bracelet are better, I will switch over the GEN parts on it together with the VR3185...

Last edited:

Red Mamba

Supporter
Certified
6/4/18
Italy
The ARF is a marvellous OOTB rep ! However as stated by several experienced members the movement isn't as good as the VR3185.

Aesthetically speaking the VRF, in my opinion, doesn't look as good. ARF has this GEN feeling with the better polish, better bezel action, incredible bracelet, really good SELS and an impressive crystal with proper blackhole effect! I mean look at this picture of my stock ARF:

For reference, here is a picture of my Franken VRF on the left with GEN bezel, insert, xtal, dial and datewheel next to the stock ARF.

Since, to me the ARF case and bracelet are better, I will switch over the GEN parts on it together with the VR3185...

I never had a vrf on hands but i got the arf sd 43 and in my opinion it feels very solid, so i'm thinking on getting another ARF.

Maybe i save some cash buying only the insert and dw, instead of all bezel assembly + crystal.

Thanks for your knowledge and help! :thanks:

P.S: Anyone has already tried to put a vr3185 on arf case?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

What did you experience with the movement that makes you say this?

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17

The segment you quoted speaks for itself ;-)

"as stated by several experienced members"

However from my own experience, on my vr3185 I changed the jumping hour module for the genuine one (3185-600). While looking under the hood my watchsmith was impressed by the overall build of the movement.

In the other hand, when looking at the 3186 used by ARF he had several pointers.

Here, other members spoke in favor of the vr3185 (better build and parts) but don't get me wrong this 2 movements are a great improvement in the rep game!

Still I'm choosing the vr3185 over the sh3186 in a ARF'S case ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Some info comparing the two movements in the link bro. Pics on page 1, then look on page 20 for occb2's (Rob) tear down. I have both movements in hand now and can tell you the SH3186 is sloppy, the hour hand is loosish and skips sometimes. I will be servicing both movements soon and adding a gen jump click spring to the VRF. I'm not really expecting too much out of the ARF, it needs 3 gen parts to be better but for the same cost you can buy a new VR3185.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...mt-ii-116710ln-clone-3186-gamechanging-battle

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Some info comparing the two movements in the link bro. Pics on page 1, then look on page 20 for occb2's (Rob) tear down. I have both movements in hand now and can tell you the SH3186 is sloppy, the hour hand is loosish and skips sometimes. I will be servicing both movements soon and adding a gen jump click spring to the VRF. I'm not really expecting too much out of the ARF, it needs 3 gen parts to be better but for the same cost you can buy a new VR3185.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...mt-ii-116710ln-clone-3186-gamechanging-battle

So I know others have voiced their opinions, but just curious as to what your opinion is- how close is ARF's bezel assembly to gen? I have a gen insert, and I have an entire 5 piece bezel assembly as well. But wondering how worth the whole assembly is. Just wondering what your 2 cents are.

I keep going back and forth, but I think the ARF with VR movement makes sense for sure as ARF has better case and bracelet.