• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF GMT 116710 SH3186 photo review

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Another for the crystal height
fa1656a0eab6c16c0cb9fc1587a534d3.plist

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
thanks for the pictures, this looks gen like imo and, with regard to your statements, it even feels like it, right?
do you think the movement will show reliable over time or does it feel fragile for you?

Thanks. Very much so. Yes feels solid and very gen and definitely looks the part. I like solid, gen like OOTB reps because I prefer not to modify or franken. That’s just me.

The new clone movement? I’ve worn it couple of weeks now everyday and not treating it like a rep. Had to reset the date twice over 2 weekends when I wasn’t wearing. So far rock solid. Hasn’t skipped a beat. Nothing to indicate it may be fragile or delicate. Quite the opposite. I can’t even hear the winding rotor (yes, there is one, I checked). At a minimum I hope it’s more stable than the 2824/36 CHS we’ve had which has been hit or miss. At best I hope it’s as stable and reliable as any Asian ETA clone. But it’s early days. Time will tell (no pun).

I imagine ARF had the movement ready and could have released it sooner but did not rush this to market. Or maybe they were working in other final details—most of which the got spot on. It exudes quality. Personally, I prefer it that way.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Welll .....Kind of. Really most flaws cross over models, and flaws that are associated with a particular factory will likely cross over models (ARF date font for example)

on a new release model the flaws are there straight away, you don’t need to learn them. They are the same across models of a particular watch type.

Like ...nearly all Rolex diver reps regardless of factory never have correct hour markers shape (12/6/9) another is the hand shape (3D effect) then you can guarantee the crystal cyclops is not right, SEL, bezel insert etc, Then you dig into the other bits your less familiar with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sure, agreed, most flaws are common across models, but, my point is, that since it's new, you still don't know if the fault that you know is still there, so you have to "look for" the flaws trying to have a wider inspection, instead of "knowing" that there is a flaw and therefore you look for that exact flaw

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Woah, looks great and appears more parts are gen spec on this beauty after reading Occbs thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am with you.
I was going with VRF, but now, it looks like ARF is the way to go if you want one that's good to go out of the box! Thank you for your post, m5smg2 ! You and Rob made me change my mind!

Last edited:

Jabbss

Horology Curious
5/1/19
Arf for me for sure! Is it confirm other TD will start selling them end of nov?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: m5smg2

maxik78

Horology Curious
13/11/19
No, I should receive QC pictures today. I’ll share it with you guys.
It’s gonna be my first rep I have ever had.
So exited)

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
No, I should receive QC pictures today. I’ll share it with you guys.
It’s gonna be my first rep I have ever had.
So exited)

Make sure you share those QC pics AFTER you've approved - this ain't Reddit.

Reactions: stufuse