• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF GMT 116710 SH3186 photo review

Time bandit

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
26/1/17
Uk
Blimey I had the same with the new noob pepsi , managed with my watch socket set , with plenty of downward pressure HEDAPAI no 5537 make

Reactions: m5smg2

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I got a question, iam about to order the new art gmt watch.

when I will get the qc pictures...and hold it in my hand.

how I can be sure its the one with the right movement ?

can someone provide picture compare or points to get sure on it?

As already mentioned, learn your versions before ordering. Never had an issue like that with a TD though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
In fact, when you tell someone what’s wrong with your fake watch they think you’re double mad. 1. for buying a fake, 2. for caring so much about the details of your fake. Lol

Lol

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
In fact, when you tell someone what’s wrong with your fake watch they think you’re double mad. 1. for buying a fake, 2. for caring so much about the details of your fake. Lol

Have you ever tried to explain that you’re thousands into a franken, that it has this that and the other gen parts, and then see the confusion on their face? Then they ask how you know the parts are genuine and you explain that you know the parts are genuine just because you’ve learnt it on a fake watch forum? We sound retarded to nearly everyone

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Have you ever tried to explain that you’re thousands into a franken, that it has this that and the other gen parts, and then see the confusion on their face? Then they ask how you know the parts are genuine and you explain that you know the parts are genuine just because you’ve learnt it on a fake watch forum? We sound retarded to nearly everyone

Lol, wow

Reactions: Princewilliam

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Gents trying to crack the case back to take some pics of the movt for you but it’s super tight. It won’t budge even with a Burgeon sticky ball.

e07bee2f974bd6f159d000eae933dae2.plist

beautiful pic! i was really wondering if it was gen or not!

it's incredible how, when you still don't know the tells on a new rep, it's very difficult to tell it's a rep.
And this is hard for us, that have been a while in the rep world, and know wher to look, what the usual problems are and the usual "defects".
Think about someone random, walking in the streets, or even someone who owns a couple of gens but has no experience with reps or stuff.

Amazing.

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA

LOL YES! I have a first hand experience ..

Reactions: Princewilliam

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17

And all that happened at the last G2G!!!!!

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Looks a little grubby like they usually do but overall pleasing on the eye!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

Hell, I sometimes think that way even about myself when I think about some works I've done on my watches, ha.

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany

Is the paint on the reversing wheel already chipping or does it only look like that on the picture ?

m5smg2

Supporter
Certified
23/8/07

Is the paint on the reversing wheel already chipping or does it only look like that on the picture ?

Looks like a paint chip. I’ll try and get a better pic next time it’s open. Now that it’s sealed I had to take more pics of the body :)

Reactions: BiH855

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
Looks like a paint chip. I’ll try and get a better pic next time it’s open. Now that it’s sealed I had to take more pics of the body :)

Thanks for all the great pictures, always happy when you post new ones :) Going to order one these days, imo much better case, insert, bracelet, hands than VRF, only plus on VRF for me is movement and dial, maybe DW.. but I think it's not worth spending another $400 just for these parts to mix them up.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK

Hahaha! people I know can’t fathom £400 on a fake, let alone Money I’ve sunk into a franken. When I showed someone my Rolex parts for a build, they said “Is all that from
china too, they even bother with the fake Rolex Packaging” it seems once you dabble
With fake goods everything you have gets questioned.

What is this sickness we catch when join this forum, takes a good year to incubate.

Last edited:

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
beautiful pic! i was really wondering if it was gen or not!

it's incredible how, when you still don't know the tells on a new rep, it's very difficult to tell it's a rep.

Amazing.

Welll .....Kind of. Really most flaws cross over models, and flaws that are associated with a particular factory will likely cross over models (ARF date font for example)

on a new release model the flaws are there straight away, you don’t need to learn them. They are the same across models of a particular watch type.

Like ...nearly all Rolex diver reps regardless of factory never have correct hour markers shape (12/6/9) another is the hand shape (3D effect) then you can guarantee the crystal cyclops is not right, SEL, bezel insert etc, Then you dig into the other bits your less familiar with.