• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF GMT 116710 SH3186 photo review

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
The only Noob to get that feel is the Pepsi overall. They got a lot of details rIght.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The noob Pepsi does like quite good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssouthall6

10/10/13
I've been watching this with interest and it's played out exactly the way I expected.

Idiots like me would have bought the noob because I don't like the ARF rehaut and the VRF because I don't like the SH based movements once upon a time. We are being played for idiots, it's the daytona and sub sagas all over again.

6 years I've been buying reps and today I have 9, possibly ten watches with modders, one sat in the watchbox with a grey note from Royal Mail asking for me to pay £20 duty on a set of gen hands I already paid a fortune for. Funnily enough the only watches that don't drink money are my gens!

Think I may be done with this game.

BTW - anyone know if there's a Pepsi on way?!

Reactions: Pietros and d3s19n

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
botsyboy if you were to go for a mix and match what would you do ? Thanks!

Probably vrf case and movement, arf bezel and insert, arf hands, vrf dial, gen datewheel and gen crystal and finished off with arf bracelet. Purely based on pics as I’ve not handled them but had the gen a couple of times for sale so know which combo would feel right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nokia_3310

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/4/18
Would def be a gamechanger with another DW on ARF. Hopefully they are here and watching. Everyone choose VRF because of the case and Frank with ARF bracelett. ARF does really steps their game up If they fix their bold DW. Actually Dont Really understand how it is possible to make so bold DW all these years without any improvements, more and less. If they fix DW this one would without doubt be the one. A super rep. Waiting for stock and more reviews to see how movement is.

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Probably vrf case and movement, arf bezel and insert, arf hands, vrf dial, gen datewheel and gen crystal and finished off with arf bracelet. Purely based on pics as I’ve not handled them but had the gen a couple of times for sale so know which combo would feel

From pictures ARF bezel teeth look gen quality but shape wise I think VRF teeth have the more wide cut, high gen gmt shape. But I have a feeling bezel/insert/case probably can’t be mixed up between the two without modding.

Definitely VRF dial > ARF dial.

ARF hands > VRF

Last edited:

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
I've been watching this with interest and it's played out exactly the way I expected.

Idiots like me would have bought the noob because I don't like the ARF rehaut and the VRF because I don't like the SH based movements once upon a time. We are being played for idiots, it's the daytona and sub sagas all over again.

6 years I've been buying reps and today I have 9, possibly ten watches with modders, one sat in the watchbox with a grey note from Royal Mail asking for me to pay £20 duty on a set of gen hands I already paid a fortune for. Funnily enough the only watches that don't drink money are my gens!

Think I may be done with this game.

BTW - anyone know if there's a Pepsi on way?!

I’m in a similar situation, 3 frankens out of action with various issues. I was excited for these releases but I know for a fact I won’t be happy with either and I’ll want to combine the best parts from the 2 and I’ll end up with another watch or 2 out of action. The only watch I have working at the moment is a stock vsf seamaster 300M

Reactions: stufuse and jcher

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I’m in a similar situation, 3 frankens out of action with various issues. I was excited for these releases but I know for a fact I won’t be happy with either and I’ll want to combine the best parts from the 2 and I’ll end up with another watch or 2 out of action. The only watch I have working at the moment is a stock vsf seamaster 300M

I went through that phase, looking for perfection and all that. After some thousand pounds spent on that, I realised I was just chasing a unicorn. Now I just buy watches that are good out of the box, with "flaws" I can live with, and try to stay under $400.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I went through that phase, looking for perfection and all that. After some thousand pounds spent on that, I realised I was just chasing a unicorn. Now I just buy watches that are good out of the box, with "flaws" I can live with, and try to stay under $400.

You hit it on the nail bud, flaws you can live with. What we forget is no one cares. Our issues are in our head.

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19

signed.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
You hit it on the nail bud, flaws you can live with. What we forget is no one cares. Our issues are in our head.

Undisputed truth. And remember we anally stick to flaws on reps to achieve a close-to-perfect tuned up watch, while we don't see the ones that may appear on gens. Worse, we even pardon them sometimes...

This crazy hobby makes us being overpicky with 400$ watches, and loose with the 10k$ ones.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Vvvlllooo

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Undisputed truth. And remember we anally stick to flaws en reps to achieve a close-to-perfect tuned up watch, while we don't see the ones that may appear on gens. Worse, we even pardon them sometimes...

This crazy hobby makes us being overpicky with 400$ watches, and loose with the 10k$ ones.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Right! Lol, although Personally I admit it deepened my passion for watches and increased my awareness on flaws for gens.

Last edited:

Cranberry2

31/3/19
I got a question, iam about to order the new art gmt watch.

when I will get the qc pictures...and hold it in my hand.

how I can be sure its the one with the right movement ?

can someone provide picture compare or points to get sure on it?

ItzView

13/6/18
Nice collection and very appealing to my eyes! I love my sd43 even thought its v2 ????????

Reactions: m5smg2

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I got a question, iam about to order the new art gmt watch.

when I will get the qc pictures...and hold it in my hand.

how I can be sure its the one with the right movement ?

can someone provide picture compare or points to get sure on it?

if you order through the TDs of the forum you will definitely receive what you paid for and what was shown in your QC.

At the same time you are the buyer and you have to know what you are buying, so, if there is some error regarding your watch, you are the one that has to identify it when the QC pictures are sent to you.

you better be able to know what you are buying, so you better study ;)

Reactions: Time bandit

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Gents trying to crack the case back to take some pics of the movt for you but it’s super tight. It won’t budge even with a Burgeon sticky ball.

e07bee2f974bd6f159d000eae933dae2.plist