• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF GMT 116710 SH3186 photo review

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
my TD of reference cannot get the ARF yet...he says not released yet :( need to wait ... don't want to buy VRF cause I will swap to gen bezel and gen xtal and they will probably not fit on VRF

:fuckyea:

Last edited:
Reactions: m5smg2

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
my TD of reference cannot get the ARF yet...he says not released yet :( need to wait ... don't want to buy VRF cause I will swap to gen bezel and gen xtal and they will probably not fit on VRF

They fit

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK

There’s a wait indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I guess we are waiting for the arf gmt because they quickly rushed out the press model due to vrf releasing theirs. I’m guessing it was arf’s intention to release nearer the end of November.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I guess we are waiting for the arf gmt because they quickly rushed out the press model due to vrf releasing theirs. I’m guessing it was arf’s intention to release nearer the end of November.

yeah, they announced officially just to "stop" people from buying the VRF, basically saying "wait for us guys, we are not ready yet!!!" :woo:

Reactions: botsyboy

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I'm already on the wating list :sFun_mischieviousbi but have been told only Angus can order it now

Puretime seem to have a period of exclusivities for ARF releases.

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
Agree....Waiting list for Chinese fakes sounds weird anyway LOL

stufuse

22/10/17
UK

What’s your thoughts on the VRF. For me the ARF looks better quality. That tends to go for all their watches, I’ve tried various noobs and VRF subs LV LN LB & the ARF are the only reps that IRL when I open the package I think ‘ oh thats lovely’ they are also the only reps (despite flaws) that are built and finished anywhere near a gen Rolex is, they have that look And (premium) feel about them, I find the noob and VRF more like what you’d expect of a copy watch. I always find them disappointing and they look off in some way. That’s just my opinion though.

Last edited:

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Two questions.

Firstly, I saw in one post the difference between ARF and VRF movement in terms of its look. I remember seeing the VRF having better machine on all the parts while ARF is more rough. Is ARF going to improve on this for the major release?

Secondly, my gen GMT can wind indefinitely. I.e. I can just turn the crown as many turns as I like without it getting tight. Not sure if this is across the board for all Rolexes. Is it the same for this new movement or just like my Noob V2.2 Daytona, it winds and tighten up after maybe 20-30 turns.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Yes ARF released it little ahead of schedule due to VRF release. But I think they waited longer to sort the DW. Let’s see how the first batches are. Maybe the DW will be like their new V3 Sub ;)

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
Agree....Waiting list for Chinese fakes sounds weird anyway LOL
Really doesn't, I have paid and waited 12 weeks in the past... Quite normal when a newly awaited watch drops.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
What’s your thoughts on the VRF. For me the ARF looks better quality. That tends to go for all their watches, I’ve tried various noobs and VRF subs LV LN LB & the ARF are the only reps that IRL when I open the package I think ‘ oh thats lovely’ they are also the only reps (despite flaws) that are built and finished anywhere near a gen Rolex is, they have that look And (premium) feel about them, I find the noob and VRF more like what you’d expect of a copy watch. I always find them disappointing and they look off in some way. That’s just my opinion though.

Observations for me are in favour of the ARF for pure fit and finish plus I’m not going to mod other than a gen crystal so the hands, insert and far better sel fit make ARF the clear winner. Both movements have their own fragility issues but I won’t be over using the gmt feature so fIngers crossed.
I am tempted to do a mix and match of both but I will get the ARF first and go from there.
The only Noob to get that feel is the Pepsi overall. They got a lot of details rIght. It just needs a better insert colour and the clone movement and it’s the clear winner!

Last edited:

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
botsyboy if you were to go for a mix and match what would you do ? Thanks!