• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF GMT 116710 SH3186 photo review

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
it obviously has or else there wouldnt be so many people posting photos of it?

it's been released for the "VIPs" like Occb or OP, you can see these 2 watches as the "prototypes" and if i'm correct there are multiple pics of just a couple of watches, where did you find all these people posting pics? mind sharing a link?

Hopefully i'm wrong, so i can order it as well lol, but afaik it's never been out for the public, and it still needs a couple weeks

Last edited:

reptime101

15/9/18
it's been released for the "VIPs" like Occb or OP, you can see these 2 watches as the "prototypes" and if i'm correct there are multiple pics of just a couple of watches, where did you find all these people posting pics? mind sharing a link?

Hopefully i'm wrong, so i can order it as well lol, but afaik it's never been out for the public, and it still needs a couple weeks

i see that makes sense. kinda sad bc i was hoping they'd improve? maybe they'll improve on the prototypes. i've been on the wait list for 2 going on 3 weeks now. will post QC pics when i get them.

maxik78

Horology Curious
13/11/19
I’m waiting for my QC already 2 weeks. But that’s okay, worth to wait.

I’ve been recently reading Daytona v3 thread and they were saying that it is necessary to bring all reps to the watchmaker for cleaning and lubrication of the mechanism.
m5smg2 I've seen you opened your watch. How does it feel? Do you think I should bring it to the watchmaker?

Another question is how difficult it is to change DW if I don't have experience. I am pretty good in this kind of stuff, I can assemble and disassemble the engine, my mac and so on. Just have never worked with watches before. Maybe there is a guide for this?

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Finally was able to order mine today, DW looks the same as my DJ and sub. My question is, this spring that may be a weak point, can you do any damage to the movement running it until it fails?

Sent from the RWI App

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
I’m waiting for my QC already 2 weeks. But that’s okay, worth to wait.

I’ve been recently reading Daytona v3 thread and they were saying that it is necessary to bring all reps to the watchmaker for cleaning and lubrication of the mechanism.
m5smg2 I've seen you opened your watch. How does it feel? Do you think I should bring it to the watchmaker?

Another question is how difficult it is to change DW if I don't have experience. I am pretty good in this kind of stuff, I can assemble and disassemble the engine, my mac and so on. Just have never worked with watches before. Maybe there is a guide for this?

I spoke to Domi few weeks ago, asking the same question. He told me that unless you do not have problems, there is no need for servicing the 4130. I trust his words.

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Call me cynical, but I think ARF rushed this release in response to VRF releasing theirs.

A few weeks ago I asked Angus about the ARF 116710 and he said they were planning to release it after CNY (in January). Fast forward and VRF released theirs. Lo and behold ARF release theirs shortly thereafter. Yet only a couple (maybe prototypes?) have been sent out and everyone else is waiting.

edit: found the post from 11 October
ARF wants to postpone the GMT watch to post 2020 CNY :(

They are in no hurry to do it. They want every steps to be done perfectly :(

Last edited:

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Call me cynical, but I think ARF rushed this release in response to VRF releasing theirs.

A few weeks ago I asked Angus about the ARF 116710 and he said they were planning to release it after CNY (in January). Fast forward and VRF released theirs. Lo and behold ARF release theirs shortly thereafter. Yet only a couple (maybe prototypes?) have been sent out and everyone else is waiting.

rip, where is that post?

maxik78

Horology Curious
13/11/19

Wow...
And when I was asking PT about time frames they told me that ARF is in pre order and they gonna get them approximately in 2 weeks...
Our conversations was on 12th November

Sent from the RWI App

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
If I could make one change it would be the DW. For some one that’s not looking to mod, I don’t see how it gets better.
b813bf6b2cf2c3a348d4c1ebae0bd929.plist

Last edited:

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
If I could make one change it would be the DW. For some one that’s not looking to mod, I don’t see how it gets better.
b813bf6b2cf2c3a348d4c1ebae0bd929.plist

I really hope I get one like this, my other experiences with ARF have not been great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Agree with Nivka,

I don’t think you should listen to the TDs in regard to time Frame, they’ve taken money so they have to appease. Happens all the time with popular watches, ultimately they have no control they get what they are given when they are given it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: m5smg2