• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying from DHGate, help needed!

n229vxhbx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/11/19
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a bit of a 'newbie' question, but I've been trying for a few days to fully understand all the different options for sourcing an ARF two-tone sub. I'm looking at DHGate (as they accept Amex), and wondered if anyone with past experience of that site could help answer a quick question!

Looking around i can see watches labelled AR Factory or ARF and it looks like the Rolex logos have been photoshopped off, is that usually the case? I'm guessing the item shipped would have the proper rep logos etc.

I'm looking at https://www.dhgate.com/product/luxur...449531906.html which looks like the new ARF 904L Steel model I want, anyone who knows way more than me about this lend a second eye before I pull the trigger? Would be hugely appreciated.

Also, LOVE this forum! I've literally spent an entire day just reading through all the great material in here, thanks to everyone who contributes, it's fantastic!

Joshua

Last edited:

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a bit of a 'newbie' question, but I've been trying for a few days to fully understand all the different options for sourcing an ARF two-tone sub. I'm looking at DHGate (as they accept Amex), and wondered if anyone with past experience of that site could help answer a quick question!

Looking around i can see watches labelled AR Factory or ARF and it looks like the Rolex logos have been photoshopped off, is that usually the case? I'm guessing the item shipped would have the proper rep logos etc.

I'm looking at https://www.dhgate.com/product/luxur...449531906.html which looks like the new ARF 904L Steel model I want, anyone who knows way more than me about this lend a second eye before I pull the trigger? Would be hugely appreciated.

Also, LOVE this forum! I've literally spent an entire day just reading through all the great material in here, thanks to everyone who contributes, it's fantastic!

Joshua

Joshua
The chance of you actually getting the watch you order off DHGate is very remote. That seller says he has 999 units of that watch in stock. Impossible. Avoid the scam that is DHGate and buy from an RWI Trusted dealer. That way you know you will be getting the watch for which you paid.

n229vxhbx

7/11/19
OK chaps, message received!! Thanks for the rapid responses! I've already bought a Noob v7 and a Regmariner today, but really fancied that two-tone sub, but can't find someone who will accept paypal F&F payment for one. I'll keep looking, and stick to the for sale thread, and the TDs here.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDnTexas

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
OK chaps, message received!! Thanks for the rapid responses! I've already bought a Noob v7 and a Regmariner today, but really fancied that two-tone sub, but can't find someone who will accept paypal F&F payment for one. I'll keep looking, and stick to the for sale thread, and the TDs here.

Use western union it's very simple

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
from dhgate u will not get real arf rolex u will get a 50$ watch , buy from trusted dealers

n229vxhbx

7/11/19
Yeah I think I'm just going to use WU to buy from Ryan at Intime. He looks like he can get the ARF 116613's. Thanks

Reactions: Tucker

pecupecu

28/2/19
I also use DHGATE. For years now. I hate the payment method from all TDs. I think DHGATE is safer, because its pretty easy to get your money back if there is anything wrong with the watch. You just have to find the right seller. I've bought 15+ reps there. Never had a problem. He also sends me QC pictures.

Quick_Build

Known Member
25/4/17
Never buy from a DHGate seller with 0 transactions. Let some others be the first to risk their money.

n229vxhbx

7/11/19
Interesting. A few mixed messages there. I think I'll play it safe for now, until I k now a little more about it. My 116610LN Noob V7 arrived today and as my first rep, it's great. Got a regmariner en route and stil trying to find the best way to acquire a bluesy Sub. Ryan from Intime told me this morning that the new ARF still has blank sides on the centre li ks which is not what I want and after reading the thread on "wrapped" gold I'm stumped lol

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
A lot of stores on DH Gate sell “noob” or “ARF” watches, I’ve seen (and can even show you pics of a “Noob v7” off of dh gate however, it is not a real v7. It is still just a cheap 2813 with slightly better features. That’s the thing on dh gatte, much of what you purchase there is a lie and there are no controls.

Are you looking at china watch factorys page? Because I know they list a V7 but as I said, it is not a v7. Don’t fall for the promises of dh gate. You can get twice the watch for the same money from the dealers listed here. But it’s not uncommon for noobs to come here and say “but it’s importsnt someone rip me off using my Amex” and no matter how much advice we give them, they go and use their Amex on dh gate.

n229vxhbx

7/11/19
Oh no I didn't buy anything from DHGate, I felt it was a scam (hence why I posted here to get better advice). My noob V7 was an M2M sale. Cheers, I'm just sticking to the sales section here, and the TD section

Paglia Orba

Supporter
Certified
11/10/12
I've bought from trusted sellers and from DH Gate. You sometimes get good quality watches from DH Gate (in the low / medium price range), but sometimes you receive a cheaper version of what was advertised... It's my source to buy bases to mod from though. The best DH Gate sellers will propose to deal direct through whatsapp and send QC pics.

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
That’s odd, I’ve personally seen QC pics from Ryan of that exact watch which does now indeed have gold covering the side sels. Check out the ARF 116613 thread on RG. Also FYI all tds have access to the same watches so it doesn’t matter who you ultimately buy from. Some even take PayPal you just need to be an established member (that is the only way I pay).

Interesting. A few mixed messages there. I think I'll play it safe for now, until I k now a little more about it. My 116610LN Noob V7 arrived today and as my first rep, it's great. Got a regmariner en route and stil trying to find the best way to acquire a bluesy Sub. Ryan from Intime told me this
morning that the new ARF still has blank sides on the centre li ks which is not what I want and after reading the thread on "wrapped" gold I'm stumped lol

n229vxhbx

7/11/19
That’s odd, I’ve personally seen QC pics from Ryan of that exact watch which does now indeed have gold covering the side sels. Check out the ARF 116613 thread on RG. Also FYI all tds have access to the same watches so it doesn’t matter who you ultimately buy from. Some even take PayPal you just need to be an established member (that is the only way I pay).

Yeah, really odd right! The website clearly shows gold sides so I emailed back with the pic to confirm, hoping he gets back to me. Hoping one of the TDs will let me use PayPal soon :)

n229vxhbx

7/11/19
Finally found a UK seller who was happy to take PayPal payments on here, KS Watches. ARF 116610LB ordered and inbound! He confirmed the sides are gold on the centre links so all good.

Last edited:

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Finally found a UK seller who was happy to take PayPal payments on here, KS Watches. ARF 116610LB ordered and inbound! He confirmed the sides are gold on the centre links so all good.

KSW are amazing, I haven't used them yet but only because I've slowed down my buying.

What you have to account for is when you become a TD on RWI/RWG you have a community to cater to. Therefore, if they 'bait and switch' they soon get outed. On dhgate, they will get away with it 90% of the time because their buyers don't know what they are looking for. Once they get enough bad reviews they start again with a new store name.

Also, PayPal is very heavily weighted towards the buyer. A good relationship with your TD will ensure that in the event something does go wrong, you can make an agreement on how to proceed. You get some on here fucking up 7750's because they try and change the date during the forbidden hours and threatening PayPal charge backs...worse some doing it purely to abuse the privilege and get a watch plus their money back. That's why the TD's rightly took the option away.

None of the TD's will let you down. In 7 years of buying here only one - Sora - screwed me over, and they are gone. Plus PayPal is a shitty app that doesn't deserve your money anyway - stupidly massive fees when there are apps like WU and Revolut that allow easy transfer of funds and now exchanges like Kraken accept Euro funding buying with Cryptocurrency has never been easier.

Have faith in RWI: the community, the moderators and ticketing system in case communication becomes a barrier, and the TD's. I've used nearly all of them, they won't let you down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18

KS watches are indeed great, have bought 2 watches from them, the second one developed a problem and they have bent over backwards to get it sorted,
because they are in the UK payment can be made to a uk bank account and there communication are fantastic. Bizarrely they get the watches from the same Chinese factories but seem to deliver the watches a lot quicker than it takes for the Chinese based dealers.

n229vxhbx

7/11/19
Fantastic to hear guys, thanks for those reviews of KSW! I'm so excited for my Bluesy to arrive, I've wanted this watch for a decade, and theres always been something else demanding the £10k a gen costs (house, wife, wife, mostly my wife actually.) I'll become a supporter of the site too now as per the rules!