• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which GMT Master II?

Cranberry2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/19
You're perfectly right, even if I grant consultation for free.
Anyway, I read here and there (not only in this forum) and still struggling to get the clue.
I trust here many good willing expert could head me into the right direction where to improve my knowledge.
I don't need the easy and quick way, I want to learn.

I just mean if I see a post with so much links and the writing which is the best 1:1.....it sounds for me pretty lazy....
iam also a big noob and iam reading here through....

me for my self I will wait for art vrf compare bevor I decide

iam also looking for a get 2

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
riffraff amazing! That's super useful for me!
LN is the model I'd go for. I had already a look at ARF vs VFR post.
I'll keep on searching you gave me very good directions. Thank you

NP. Since you are leaning towards a LN why not join the trendsetters and get a ARF or VRF with the new Rolex clone movement? The pros and cons for either are debated on the thread. It is reasonably priced, certainly more so than the Noob BLRO with the "timebomb" movement.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
NP. Since you are leaning towards a LN why not join the trendsetters and get a ARF or VRF with the new Rolex clone movement? The pros and cons for either are debated on the thread. It is reasonably priced, certainly more so than the Noob BLRO with the "timebomb" movement.

and we know that the "new" GMTs aren't time bombs too right?

-if you want to be safer..wait..just a little bit...until folks get theirs and start to dive deeper on the new movement...The noob Pepsi is not for "Newbs"...only for folks who have some experience with reps and movements. but I would wait...until you get more feedback on the new movements..or go incorrect hand stack...you are in a time period where the new model just came out...which also means...hiccups in the new model

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

mp1mancini

Wear It - Love It
Supporter
Certified
2/11/16
CONUS
Guys I need your help here, despite looking hard and using the search function I've never found the facepalm button, can you tell me where I can find it? Thank you, sorry for the newbie question

Not a button but I keep this little dittie around for just such occasions.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
and we know that the "new" GMTs aren't time bombs too right?..
It's a cloned Rolex movement so not the ETA altered clone with known weakness, and if the Daytona clone movement is anything to go by it may well be very good.
If I were in the market for a LN like the OP is I would join the trendsetters. But the LN does not speak to me so I am sticking with my GMF BLNR for now
I am looking at a root beer, if BP were to bring out one with this movement, or if ARF or VRF would bring one out that would otherwise pass muster, I would consider to give it a shot.

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
It's a cloned Rolex movement so not the ETA altered clone with known weakness, and if the Daytona clone movement is anything to go by it may well be very good.
If I were in the market for a LN like the OP is I would join the trendsetters. But the LN does not speak to me so I am sticking with my GMF BLNR for now
I am looking at a root beer, if BP were to bring out one with this movement, or if ARF or VRF would bring one out that would otherwise pass muster, I would consider to give it a shot.

Right but the clone movements that first came out weren’t reliable also, far from it. The Sh and Sa 3135 went through the second versions before they stopped having major issues. The Daytona’s aren’t bullet proof also and is made by noob. Clone versions of a movement doesn’t automatically mean it’s reliable...vs eta or versions....the problem with eta modified versions is that they have weird parts you can’t source. Clone versions mean gen parts will work if they break (we hope)...more parts out there.

Many people are speculating information based on pictures before these things are even in hand, which is dangerous to folks who are newer to the forum. Folks like myself don’t care because whatever the issue, we just mod it or get pass certain issues. Everyone has to wait until someone who actually can break these movements down or drill down the cases can actually post some info, so much speculation in man this looks like gen and acts like gen...but in fact only few have it in hand and none actually tore this apart yet. Pump the brakes before false unproven info gets passed around like fire. I know Occb2 is getting the ARF and vrf to dissect. But for now...just because someone said it doesn’t mean it’s true. It’s just ones opinion..don’t fall into this trap. I know your newer here and welcome what you have learned so far. Keep learning as this is a great hobby but just be cautious. Once more and more of these hits folks hands, we will get feedback. But for now..it’s pretty much by pictures and Hearsay.

Last edited:

freezone

Horology Curious
7/11/19
Dont buy that. It would be a shame, the rep industry has grown too much for you to buy that watch now. There are much better ones out there

Thank you for your heads up!
Indeed it looked too much cheap.
Where would you head me for my first decent purchase, I'm not expecting a $500 rep of course, my budget is up to $400.
Thank you for your advice
I would probably go for this: https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master...al-on-bracelet-a3186-correct-hand-stack.html#
what's your opinion?

Last edited:

mpowergmt

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
23/10/18
Behind You
Thank you for your heads up!
Indeed it looked too much cheap.
Where would you head me for my first decent purchase, I'm not expecting a $500 rep of course, my budget is up to $400.
Thank you for your advice
I would probably go for this: https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master...al-on-bracelet-a3186-correct-hand-stack.html#
what's your opinion?

The problem is not which watch to buy. The problem is only the latest GMT watches (VRF and ARF) have a solid movement (apparently). I would stretch that 400$ to 500$ and get the best possible.

it really sucks to buy a rep watch that keeps breaking

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I read many positive reviews about Michelle at Silix.
So I think, as my first purchase, I'll go for this http://www.silix-prime.es/index.php?...oducts_id=2210
Anyone had any disappointment with this rep?

Michelle is a great TD and often you can find some unique watches at bargain prices. But by and large, her selections are also going to be bargain quality. This not meant to be disparaging, just don't expect ARF Noob VRF BP quality.

The GMT you linked is a good example of what I'm saying. It's a no-name lower quality rep. Look at how wokky the rehaut is. (Like a Wok pan, greater diameter at the top than the bottom). You can do so much better with a mainstream factory watch. Read and learn some more before buying and spend a little more, you will be glad you did.

Reactions: Pietros

freezone

Horology Curious
7/11/19
Michelle is a great TD and often you can find some unique watches at bargain prices. But by and large, her selections are also going to be bargain quality. This not meant to be disparaging, just don't expect ARF Noob VRF BP quality.

The GMT you linked is a good example of what I'm saying. It's a no-name lower quality rep. Look at how wokky the rehaut is. (Like a Wok pan, greater diameter at the top than the bottom). You can do so much better with a mainstream factory watch. Read and learn some more before buying and spend a little more, you will be glad you did.

Thank you what about stretching the budget to this GMF?
https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master...al-on-bracelet-a3186-correct-hand-stack.html#

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
You're perfectly right, even if I grant consultation for free.
Anyway, I read here and there (not only in this forum) and still struggling to get the clue.
I trust here many good willing expert could head me into the right direction where to improve my knowledge.
I don't need the easy and quick way, I want to learn.
Yeah, people will offer you some guidance and their opinion. Gladly I'm sure. Especially if you have specific questions.

"Can you look at these 26 links and tell me what MY opinion will be?" is not really a specific question.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk