• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

High end sub vs Gen - The feeling in hand

tumad

Known Member
28/10/19
Howdi all with V10, ZZF or AFR subs and gen owners. When handling both the Gen and reps, how do they differ in feeling and overall function in hand? Clasp, strap manufacture etc. Is there a perceivable difference in a blindfold test for instance? I have a ZZF Sub Date but have never handled a gen and would just like to know from owners of both. I have heard there is no perceivable difference, but that was from one source only. Many thanks and much appreciated

Interesting

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/8/19
Welcome to RWI mate. Might be good to do some searching and reading about this kind of question. Plenty is said and plenty to read already. cheers.

tumad

Known Member
28/10/19
Welcome to RWI mate. Might be good to do some searching and reading about this kind of question. Plenty is said and plenty to read already. cheers.
Yeah been reading this forum for weeks already mate, but thanks for your useful insight.

Reactions: mpowergmt

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
You can make a blindfold test and fail if you don't know how the gen feels and handles. If you're well known with gen rolexes it just takes a few seconds in hand and close inspection to see it's a rep

Reactions: tumad

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Weight (on some reps), feel and twisting of bracelet, bezel turn, clasp operation, and finally adjusting time all feels different on a gen vs rep.

Interesting

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/8/19
Yeah been reading this forum for weeks already mate, but thanks for your useful insight.

Good to know. Just strange if you have been reading for weeks that you have not found the answers yet. Anyways, wealth of info here. In the end, a rep is a rep. Its not a gen, and will never feel like a gen 100%. Enjoy the watch for what it is.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Good to know. Just strange if you have been reading for weeks that you have not found the answers yet. Anyways, wealth of info here. In the end, a rep is a rep. Its not a gen, and will never feel like a gen 100%. Enjoy the watch for what it is.

Exactly..remember we may spend thousands of dollars just to make it look like a gen..doesn’t mean it will operate or function like a gen...once you do that you realize you paid as much as it was to just buy a gen...but all in all it’s the hobby

Reactions: tumad