• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor BB 36 vs. Rolex Explorer 36

LinaMinelli14

Known Member
16/10/19
As the title indicates,

which watch do you like more?

Is there currently any Seller, that sales a high quality Explorer 36mm? (114270 or 14270)

Thanks in advance

:)

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
Is there currently any Seller, that sales a high quality Explorer 36mm? (114270 or 14270)
ALL OF THEM
I PICK ROLEX

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
As the title indicates,

Thanks in advance

Rolex over Tudor any day.

R-Factory sells the best ones.

Reactions: k4jun

CK23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/8/18
LinaMinelli14 let me translate the message above for you. R factory means Rolex. People are telling you go buy a gen.. such information that you are looking for, who has the best rep etc.. no one is going to give you spoon fed information just like that. You need to go ahead do your own research, compare & contrast different flaws ( every rep is flawed) and pick the one that you feel the most comfortable with. Meanwhile try to enjoy.

LinaMinelli14

Known Member
16/10/19
let me translate the message above for you. R factory means Rolex. People are telling you go buy a gen.. such information that you are looking for, who has the best rep etc.. no one is going to give you spoon fed information just like that. You need to go ahead do your own research, compare & contrast different flaws ( every rep is flawed) and pick the one that you feel the most comfortable with. Meanwhile try to enjoy.

Thanks but this is like the third time I came across users/messages that seem to be rather annoyed than willing to help.

I thought this is a community of people who share the same hobby.

Why is it, that if someone ask for help, especially if that someone is new to the forum, that most users with more experience are saying "do your own research etc."?

Imagine a professor at an university telling this to his students.

If I have a certain expertise in some field I am happy to share my knowledge.

Its sad to see, that in this community users rather talk down to each other.

Of course I do research. Of course I read, compare, watch videos. But part of that research is to talk to people who share the same hobby and are more experienced!

Especially because there is a difference in really holding a watch in your own hands than reading about it.

Not meaning you in particular. Not wanting to generalize. Not meaning everything has to be spoon fed. Knowing someone has to put effort into this.

But if there are some truths out of experience, why not sharing them rather than saying find out yourself...

Anyway I dont want to start a fight or anything, most of the people are helpful, its just that I got that vibe...

mew

18/12/15
Germany
Why is it, that if someone ask for help, especially if that someone is new to the forum, that most users with more experience are saying "do your own research etc."?

Because there are +100 new users every month asking the exact same question. If I'd get a Euro every time a new user would ask for the most 1:1 Rolex Submariner, I could buy a Gen in a month.

Last edited:

LinaMinelli14

Known Member
16/10/19
Yeah but why waste time telling him to search than rather leave no comment?

If you take the time and effort just give an answer or leave it alone.

The more answers the easier to find the less that question will come up dunno.

Love to all :D

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Well I'd actually go for the Tudor. The explorer is around 2k more than the Tudor, whereas with the Tudor you get better lume, better bracelet with solid links instead of the hollow ones on the 36mm explorer and no ridiculous numerals that make no sense.

Hang on, are we talking gens or reps here? ;-P

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Thanks but this is like the third time I came across users/messages that seem to be rather annoyed than willing to help.

I thought this is a community of people who share the same hobby.

There is literally a sticky thread called "READ THIS BEFORE YOU MAKE A NEW THREAD" - in the New Users forum there is a tons of guides and FAQ's. Link here:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq

People are unwilling to help because as previously said, 100 users sign up every month and ask the same questions, not having done their own research. Questions that have already been answered 1000000x times in this forum, they are just too lazy to do some reading on their own. Your questions included.

Further; it's IMPOSSIBLE to say "which is the best". Each watch/brand/model is replicated by up to 6+ different factories. Each at their own pricepoint and each with their unique flaws/excellence. There is no 'perfect' replica, nor is there 'the best'. Ideally you would buy the same watch from 3 different factories and get a modder to take a few parts of each and mix them together.

So for a Daytona as an example: The Noob Factory V3 has the best movement but the ARF has the best Dial + Bezel. Now there's a new bezel-maker (CF I believe) that makes a better bezel than both. The ARF bracelet is better than the Noob. Then you also have completely different factories making Daytona Dials that Noob and ARF do not produce.

There is no easy answer to "which xxxx is the best". For some the ARF Daytona may be a better choice for them, others would want the noob and some want to franken/mod the different models. This goes for pretty much every model in the replica program.

All in all: Decide what watch you want. Figure out how much you're willing to pay; see which factories make it in your pricepoint and then compare the pictures with a gen watch. Whichever factory you believe makes the best one you can order.

Reactions: wkim8732 and Tobel

LinaMinelli14

Known Member
16/10/19
Well I'd actually go for the Tudor. The explorer is around 2k more than the Tudor, whereas with the Tudor you get better lume, better bracelet with solid links instead of the hollow ones on the 36mm explorer and no ridiculous numerals that make no sense.

Hang on, are we talking gens or reps here? ;-P

:D :D :D

LinaMinelli14

Known Member
16/10/19
All in all: Decide what watch you want. Figure out how much you're willing to pay; see which factories make it in your pricepoint and then compare the pictures with a gen watch. Whichever factory you believe makes the best one you can order.

Seems to be good advice

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Seems to be good advice

I think the words you're looking for are "thank you nipe for taking the time to provide a detailed answer, that is very helpful". On the one hand you're complaining that people aren't helpful and on the other when they are you're not even thankful. Seems that you feel very entitled, for whatever reason

English Gent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/14
As the title indicates,

Thanks in advance

I would go with the Tudor 36, I've owned few reps and Gen of it twice, it fixed my 36mm Explorer itch, as a designer the type at the top of the Explorer, is all squashed together (was fixed on to large 39mm version)

I also had a vintage version of explorer which can be nice if aged, few pics

LinaMinelli14

Known Member
16/10/19
I think the words you're looking for are "thank you nipe for taking the time to provide a detailed answer, that is very helpful". On the one hand you're complaining that people aren't helpful and on the other when they are you're not even thankful. Seems that you feel very entitled, for whatever reason

This is what I meant, but thank you for your detailed answer! :)