• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated ARF V3 Submariner 116610 is out

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
Hello guys, it my first post here.

I have bought an ARF v3 3135 from TD listed on this website and I had quite horrible experience.

Winding with the crown does not work, I have to manually wind it by shaking. I have bought the winder to help, after entire night in it power reserve is 4 hours. Dial is missaligned with the insert. The bracelet keeps on unscrewing itself. It is also not well polished at all. The clasp and the bottom of the watch have places which are significantly darker than the rest of watch.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to this watch right now because I have sent it for repair to my watchsmith so I can't make more pictures. I don't think that I will write to the TD complaining about it, since I bought it 3 months ago already and I don't really feel like sending it back to china anyway.

It is my first rep ever, I dunno if I just got unlucky or it is all normal? I am thinking about trying again and getting v2s from Li now. I would apprecciate if you could give me your opinion about this.

Lawny

23/7/19
UK
It is my first rep ever, I dunno if I just got unlucky or it is all normal? I am thinking about trying again and getting v2s from Li now. I would apprecciate if you could give me your opinion about this.

It’s just the luck of the draw mate. These reps are manufactured at a low cost and churned out very fast to make profit. Some batches are better than others. Pretty unlucky for your first rep but there are many talented members on here who can do some amazing things and pretty much fix anything!

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19

Found this in m2m. What is this ring on the bezel? Is it a new item on v3? V2 has this?

Alex22

12/2/18
my sub arf v3 has just arrived. I ordered 2824 but the package says "arf / clone". how can i tell if it is 2824 or clone? the detail of the numbers in the dw is subtle.

Fab87pz

2/8/18
my sub arf v3 has just arrived. I ordered 2824 but the package says "arf / clone". how can i tell if it is 2824 or clone? the detail of the numbers in the dw is subtle.

If you have the opportunity to open the caseback, the difference between those two is day and night. Anyway if the date font is subtle as you say, it's very likely that you got a 2824

Reactions: masterpiece777

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17

post a pic from the side to see the crown position ,easy to spot

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17

Hour adjustment direction different for 3135 and ETA/equivalent.
At time seeing position, turn crown clockwise to see the hand movement. 3135 will advance the hands forward, with an ETA the hands will go backwards. No need to open case back.
To top this off, date change at midnight is instant for 3135, and slow roll for a 2824.
Cheers mate

Reactions: GrandmasterChime

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
bit blurry , but it looks lower crown, hence 2824

but rubberman is right, check also what he said

Last edited:

Alex22

12/2/18
Hour adjustment direction different for 3135 and ETA/equivalent.
At time seeing position, turn crown clockwise to see the hand movement. 3135 will advance the hands forward, with an ETA the hands will go backwards. No need to open case back.
To top this off, date change at midnight is instant for 3135, and slow roll for a 2824.
Cheers mate

I tried: the movement to adjust the hands is from 2824 (counter-clockwise) but the date change takes place at midnight and approximately 1min (therefore not at midnight precisely) and is instantaneous in the sense that up to a few seconds before the previous will be indicated

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
I tried: the movement to adjust the hands is from 2824 (counter-clockwise) but the date change takes place at midnight and approximately 1min (therefore not at midnight precisely) and is instantaneous in the sense that up to a few seconds before the previous will be indicated

Time adjustment tells the movement. But I must say date change over 1min is very good for a 2824. Too good.
Can you check your claps code to confirm the watch is from AR? Refer here to codes https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...cas/333294-known-rep-clasp-bracelet-sel-codes
​​​​​​​
Just to be sure is not a 2836 from other factories...
​​​​​​

Alex22

12/2/18
E5N. i bought an arf v3, i hope it is correct. why do you say the date change that way is too good? considers that until 00.01 does not change, then instantly changes the date

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
E5N. i bought an arf v3, i hope it is correct. why do you say the date change that way is too good? considers that until 00.01 does not change, then instantly changes the date

Because 2824 date change is not quick its slow and takes around 10 min (during that time you see half of todays date and half of tomorrows date). 2836 as a quick date change.

amica

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/4/20
Hi ladies and gents,

I am a new member and this is my first ever post :). In the last couple days I've been searching for my potential first sub rep here. It came down to a short list of 3 reps: ARF V3 with SH3135, Noob V10 SA3135 and ZZF V2 SA3135.

I understand that each rep would have their own flaws but I've never seen or had a rep IRL before so I do not really have preferences, only look at the price now. Noob V10 is $160 cheaper than ARF V3 and $150 cheaper than ZZF V2 in most of TDs' websites now. Are ARF V3 and ZZF V2 worth the price difference or is Noob V10 obviously a better deal?

Thanks for your help,

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Hi ladies and gents,

I am a new member and this is my first ever post :). In the last couple days I've been searching for my potential first sub rep here. It came down to a short list of 3 reps: ARF V3 with SH3135, Noob V10 SA3135 and ZZF V2 SA3135.

I understand that each rep would have their own flaws but I've never seen or had a rep IRL before so I do not really have preferences, only look at the price now. Noob V10 is $160 cheaper than ARF V3 and $150 cheaper than ZZF V2 in most of TDs' websites now. Are ARF V3 and ZZF V2 worth the price difference or is Noob V10 obviously a better deal?

Thanks for your help,

My opinion:

The ARF with 2824 is better than the SH. The only appreciable difference is the direction the hands move when you change the time. Which isn't really appreciable.
Lots of the crown guards shape comments are verbatim from the old Noob V7 where the difference was more pronounced.
The 10 minute date change would maybe bother me if i was looking at it. As it goes I'm either watching TV or sleeping at that time.
The ARF is the best built of the three. It oozes quality - unusual for a rep.

The SA movement in the Noob is terrible and cannot be fixed when it breaks.
The Current V10 is not at good as the launch V10.
Noob have a method of fixing flaws in every new release, and slowly re-introducing them so they can fix them once more in another new release.

The ZZF has the VR3135 movement - which is excellent.
It is also, on balance, the best current Submariner replica.

All three need a profs or genuine crystal.

Last edited:

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Hi ladies and gents,

Thanks for your help,

For most gen looking presence IRL go with ZZF well worth the extra.

amica

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/4/20
My opinion:

The ARF with 2824 is better than the SH. The only appreciable difference is the direction the hands move when you change the time. Which isn't really appreciable.
Lots of the crown guards shape comments are verbatim from the old Noob V7 where the difference was more pronounced.
The 10 minute date change would maybe bother me if i was looking at it. As it goes I'm either watching TV or sleeping at that time.
The ARF is the best built of the three. It oozes quality - unusual for a rep.

The SA movement in the Noob is terrible and cannot be fixed when it breaks.
The Current V10 is not at good as the launch V10.
Noob have a method of fixing flaws in every new release, and slowly re-introducing them so they can fix them once more in another new release.

The ZZF has the VR3135 movement - which is excellent.
It is also, on balance, the best current Submariner replica.

All three need a profs or genuine crystal.

Thanks for your suggestion. I notice that on TDs' websites the ZZF V2 is shown to be using SA3135 movement instead of VR3135 like you suggested so I am a little confused.

Dave O

Known Member
27/3/20
NorCal
While I agree the ZZF may in fact be the best looking rep, we are at times splitting hairs with regards to looks from other reps. But there is more to a watch than just best looking. One item not mentioned above is the feel of the watch. I think most will attest that the ARF has the better bracelet and better bezel movement/feel over the ZZF. In fact, the bezel movement on my ARF is nearly identical to my gen. And it too looks VERY nice and is a great rep. If you look through some of the threads you will notice that many who buy the ZZF end up getting an ARF bracelet or clasp as the ZZF clasp feel is poor as best.

My point, depending on what you are looking for there is more to a rep than just looks that at times can only be seen in a blown up photo - and not while on the wrist. So if you don't want to spend more money to get a better bracelet and you want a more gen like feel, I would highly consider an ARF.

The pics below are my ARF V3 Hulk (2824 movement) with my gen Bluesy. As you can see, although different models, the ARF is VERY good. Some say the green bezel isn't the perfect color - but that's ok as it still looks great to me. Bottom line, think about what is most important to you and then decide. ;)

EjNUS.jpg

EjffL.jpg

Last edited:

Alex22

12/2/18
my Arf changes the date instantly. at 0.01 the date changes without any movement before. but should it be 2824? as for the rest I have to say that it has the total feeling of a gen, on the wrist it is totally indistinguishable, the bracelet is excellent, the dw (at least mine) is thin, the weight is like the gen. the only thing I noticed is that the charge does not last long, in the sense that if I use it shortly after 2/3 days I have to recharge it.