• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated ARF V3 Submariner 116610 is out

reptime101

15/9/18
After carefully examining more QC pictures, it seems that the new ARF date wheel is almost a copy of the Noob v9. The exact numbers sit slightly high as the Noob, which I double checked in the ZZF review. Which makes sense seeing as the new GMT is so close to gen, including movement but they still cant make a decent date wheel -- so why not just take Noobs?

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...nd-nail-part-i

Last edited:
Reactions: Watchmewear

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
After carefully examining more QC pictures, it seems that the new ARF date wheel is almost a copy of the Noob v9. The exact numbers sit slightly high as the Noob, which I double checked in the ZZF review. Which makes sense seeing as the new GMT is so close to gen, including movement but they still cant make a decent date wheel -- so why not just take Noobs?

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...nd-nail-part-i

noob is more expensive and the lug thing is a lottery

houss1981

15/3/17
As i said before this watch is just a quick answer for the release of the noob V10. This is why it was released in the A2824 version and mabe updated DW. The 3135 is not ready yet.
they might be waiting for the new gen version to see if it will be released and updated with the 3235 movement. I started to see datejust on puretime with the 3235....

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
I can’t see any improvement beside better dw

12 o‘clock marker sits lower like gen. ARF V2 still had the triangle marker sit very high and too sharp edges. Exactly like ARF SD43 had the same problem but they solved it for both models what is very important.

Date as you mentioned is good now and also the bezel engravings are aligned well in the middle of the bezel and not too far outside or too near to the crystal.
Overall I really like this watch more than the Noob V10 also because of the better bracelet and gen-like clasp and single lined rehaut engravings. Noob double-lined is not like current sub gens.
Overall ARF has better gen-like feeling is what I noticed.
Noob feels more like a rep. But that‘s only my opinion :)

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
12 o‘clock marker sits lower like gen. ARF V2 still had the triangle marker sit very high and too sharp edges. Exactly like ARF SD43 had the same problem but they solved it for both models what is very important.

Date as you mentioned is good now and also the bezel engravings are aligned well in the middle of the bezel and not too far outside or too near to the crystal.
Overall I really like this watch more than the Noob V10 also because of the better bracelet and gen-like clasp and single lined rehaut engravings. Noob double-lined is not like current sub gens.
Overall ARF has better gen-like feeling is what I noticed.
Noob feels more like a rep. But that‘s only my opinion :)

Did you have both ARF and Noob?

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
On Chinese forum, they claim the black hole effect is improved and that the pearl on insert is better.
Someone confirm ?

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Did you have both ARF and Noob?

Yes I had a lot of different Noob and ARF models:

Noob V7 SA3135
Noob V8 A2836
Noob V9 SA3135

BP Submariner Date A3135
BP Submariner No Date A3130
BP GMT-Master II BLNR Jubilee
BP DJ41

ARF SD43
ARF SD43 Two Tone
ARF DJ41

All I can say ARF had the best finishing and heavy weight like gen. The clasps are perfect.
But also BP had some very good dials, dates and even bracelets.
Noob bracelets were rattling very often. Too flimsy and sharp. Clasps are hit or miss most of the time with too big gaps while ARF has better QC at bracelets and clasps.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Looks exactly like the v2. Nice pearl though. I am interested to see the crystal in real life. Funny how some of you guys call it “trash” when it’s one of the top 2 best submariners on the market haha.

Reactions: Vi-Lo

Tcc13c

Known Member
9/6/19
Is there a different thread for the Arf v3 sub doing side by side comparisons to other models? I cannot seem to find any.

Reactions: Vi-Lo

Vi-Lo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/1/19
Germany
I think a lot if people here in this forum sometimes forget that these watches are still just Reps :D
99% of the people out there wouldnt ever be able to recognize that... and probably some watchsmiths neither without opening the watch...

But of course like everyone of us, i think there is still some space for improvements for nearly all these models ^^

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
I think a lot if people here in this forum sometimes forget that these watches are still just Reps :D
99% of the people out there wouldnt ever be able to recognize that... and probably some watchsmiths neither without opening the watch...

But of course like everyone of us, i think there is still some space for improvements for nearly all these models ^^

Yeah but when u have friends in horology it is difficult to fool them
Impossible to put a pics on IG because they can call u out.

In real life I can fool losers that don’t know this world. 99% of people

Vi-Lo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/1/19
Germany
If you have friends in horology its a question if you want to fool your friends at all i think :D
and putting pics on IG to show off a fake watch - thats just stupid IMHO :wacko:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Yeah but when u have friends in horology it is difficult to fool them
Impossible to put a pics on IG because they can call u out.

In real life I can fool losers that don’t know this world. 99% of people

Are you really sure you've been fooling the losers that make up 99% of the population ? Maybe they've just been too kind to let you know they've seen through you from the beginning.

Something for you to ponder over:

When you are dead, you are the only one who doesn't know that you are dead - and it is only painful for others.

The same applies when you are stupid

Vi-Lo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/1/19
Germany
I also wouldnt assume that 99% of the population are losers... mostly people who arent capable of estimating themselves correctly think that all of the others are stupid... :D

you can look up „dunning kruger effect“ - explains the thing pretty well :p

sorry that was off-topic...