• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sent back to china...

Neo_one

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/19
I never said that. I asked if they could be serviced to begin with, but was told they would be replaced instead, geezer.

Neo_one

Banned
19/3/19
Seagull movements are eta clones. You thought Seagull had their own calibre?!

No? Do you not know you difference between when I say I'm getting Seagull ST2100 instead of A2836's or are you just trying to be a smart arse.

Last edited:

Neo_one

Banned
19/3/19
I tend to do this on my own anyway - I buy a rep with correct hand dimensions and dial feet for my purpose (e.g. 28xx, 3135, etc), then swap in a new movement immediately. If it is an A28xx, then I buy a Seagull ST 2100 (2836) or ST2130 (2824), replace the correct height seconds wheel (if needed. H5 or H6 for GMT movements, usually) and regulate. I have very good experience with Seagull movements. Some I have, have been running for years. All I bought through years have been properly regulated oob to chronometre standards in three positions (that I bother to check. My seller advertises five). And when they start gaining time, I service them. Therefore, I just add about $70 to the price of a rep in my head immediately when I am looking at them. This is just part of the game.

As the boss says, there are customs risks, and also I prefer to wear a watch I bought before six months from the day I ordered it have passed :).

^^^

Neo_one

Banned
19/3/19
We haven't discussed that yet. But since it's the second time in 6 months I've had to send one out of the 3 watches back, i guess anything goes at this point...
so I asked for full strip down on the movements but they swiftly told me they would swap them to Seagull movements.
Done a little research and found they are meant to be a Chinese based factory with swiss level movements, but are basically just copying the ETA movements, while the A2836, 2824, etc are cloning the Seagull's with lesser quality again....FFS ????

^^^^

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
No? Do you not know you difference between when I say I'm getting Seagull ST2100 instead of A2836's or are you just trying to be a smart arse.

Easy man, all he's trying to tell you is that Seagull ST2100 are also ETA clones. So in the end you are getting an ETA clone, except it's manufactured by seagull, who tend to manufacture good quality movements. Nothing wrong with that you should be good

Reactions: KJ2020

Neo_one

Banned
19/3/19
Alright, sorry for sounding obtrusive.

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
Neo_one Firstly, don’t call other members geezers when they are literally giving you the advice you asked for. Makes you seem like a dick.

Secondly, read my post again. I said the ‘new’ movement your watches will receive will be of the exact same quality as the first movements in it. Whether they send you the old ones or not is moot. You will have paid $70 each for shitty dirty movements that will need a service in the near future. If you go the other route and have them ‘service’ your movements you will get a half-assed oil bath and have them thrown back into your watch.

You seem to know more than any of us, so good luck to you.

Reactions: freediver

Neo_one

Banned
19/3/19
Neo_one Firstly, don’t call other members geezers when they are literally giving you the advice you asked for. Makes you seem like a dick.

Secondly, read my post again. I said the ‘new’ movement your watches will receive will be of the exact same quality as the first movements in it. Whether they send you the old ones or not is moot. You will have paid $70 each for shitty dirty movements that will need a service in the near future. If you go the other route and have them ‘service’ your movements you will get a half-assed oil bath and have them thrown back into your watch.

You seem to know more than any of us, so good luck to you.

I know that you might be slightly stupid...I wasnt referring to you.

Were you the one who said I would get a band aid slapped on my movements when I explicitly stated that I was paying for new seagull movements? Did I disagree with you that they will probably still be 'dirty' inside?
No to the above. So maybe you should stop being a dick yourself and pipe down, geezer. Or is it 'dude' since you're from the U.S.?

Last edited:

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15

Were you the one who said I would get a band aid slapped on my movements when I explicitly stated that I was paying for new seagull movements? Did I disagree with you that they will probably still be 'dirty' inside?
No to the above. So maybe you should stop being a dick yourself and pipe down, geezer. Or is it 'dude' since you're from the U.S.?

Let me enlighten you as someone who works with these movement factories directly. A28xx means Asian 28xx. Seagull is one of them, better quality than most chinese clones but still not ETA quality.

Will you get your old movements back? Maybe, maybe not. Most likely you'll receive another wrecked movement that is unfixable and if it was a minor issue your movement will be "quick patched" and sold to another customer when a problem occurs.

You make a thread asking for help and suggestions, you get them but don't like them and you start calling people names.

Good luck with that mindset.

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA

I said don't call OTHER members when THEY are literally giving you advice. If I thought you were talking about me I would have worded my statement differently. I gave you that advice so you wouldn't come off as an asshat but I now see that you simply are what you come off as. You're delusional as to what the rep factory will do in your repair. Refer to my original statement and you will see that I gave you both scenarios, one if you send it for replacement, and the other if you opt for the service route. Either way, I couldn't care less about what happens to you and your watches. By the way I'm not that old, 'dude',

Enjoy your time here.

Neo_one

Banned
19/3/19
Let me enlighten you as someone who works with these movement factories directly. A28xx means Asian 28xx. Seagull is one of them, better quality than most chinese clones but still not ETA quality.

That's all I needed to hear. I dont care about your opinion on the rest.

Thesystem3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/19
Yea I would rather not risk sending my watch back over there. Plus I’ve found these site owners not to be the most reliable people... would be constantly paranoid I wouldn’t get it back!

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

If you are going to keep calling our members names , i think we are going to have a problem ...

Neo_one

Banned
19/3/19
When have I called people names other than in response to being called a dick, arse, etc etc...if that's YOUR problem then do something about it then. GEEZER.

Neo_one

Banned
19/3/19
How did you get a super moderator status when you have no respect for language like I do?
You're making a deal out of nothing.
I haven't got the patience for stupid responses such as 'oh I wouldnt send my watch back to China' or 'dont call me a geezer cos it hurts my little feelings'.
You're allowing members to derail the thread honing in on irrelevant points in the discussion. If you want to kick me or whatever then go ahead. That would tell me exactly what your character is and wouldnt disappoint me to know I'm gone because I held out any hope of having an intellectual discussion here!

Last edited:
Reactions: hm11esh