• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sent back to china...

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I don't think so! In the 30 years I spent in central London as a construction manager I've heard the term maybe 3000 times! and never derogatory, it basically means the same as dude! lol a crap word for an insult, its like putting DUDE in caps. My brother has lived in California for 35 years and uses the term 'behaving like a dick' way way lighter than you would use in the UK.
There's no doubt he got wound up and shirty, but a week ban would have been plenty. Don't you want to know what comes back in these watches!

Well if i was to guess it probably wasnt the GEEZER term that got him into trouble but this quote here

if that's YOUR problem then do something about it then. GEEZER.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I don't think so! In the 30 years I spent in central London as a construction manager I've heard the term maybe 3000 times! and never derogatory, it basically means the same as dude! lol a crap word for an insult, its like putting DUDE in caps. My brother has lived in California for 35 years and uses the term 'behaving like a dick' way way lighter than you would use in the UK.
There's no doubt he got wound up and shirty, but a week ban would have been plenty. Don't you want to know what comes back in these watches!

and you are telling me this is not being disrespectful ??

"How did you get a super moderator status when you have no respect for language like I do?
You're making a deal out of nothing.
I haven't got the patience for stupid responses such as 'oh I wouldnt send my watch back to China' or 'dont call me a geezer cos it hurts my little feelings'." ?

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
Yes of course it is, I was referring to the first reply to Rawbe. What he meant by that comment is that others were not reprimanded for using the terms 'Dick and ass' against him.
A life time ban seem a little heavy! You could have sent him to the Brig for a month lol :D

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Yes of course it is, I was referring to the first reply to Rawbe. What he meant by that comment is that others were not reprimanded for using the terms 'Dick and ass' against him.
A life time ban seem a little heavy! You could have sent him to the Brig for a month lol :D

I didnt even ban him , someone else did , but i mean any one who taunts a Mod , says they respect for the language "you have no respect for language like I do"

then follows it up with a sentence like this :"then do something about it then"
I mean you cant use then twice in the same sentence ......sheesh ....

Last edited:

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
I’m not sure why we’re still even talking about this, but read post #23. He was already being combative. Also I said he was coming off as a dick, didn’t call him one, later in the thread. DavidModic also tried to explain to him the way he was coming off but he chose to keep attacking everyone who posted anything in this thread including the mods. I think Cicero made the right call, if you’re going to openly challenge a mod should they not respond accordingly? Either way I don’t really care, the guy clearly is what he made himself out to be.

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
Once the group had gathered he was always getting banned! we all knew that, but he had a little nudge.

I won't waste any more of members time on this but sometimes the members that are the least eloquent with a keyboard have more to offer as they have spent most of the time working with thier hands. I am not saying necessarily that it's the case here, but there are some very highly valued members that also have short fuses!

DavidModic

13/9/15
EU
Yes of course it is, I was referring to the first reply to Rawbe. What he meant by that comment is that others were not reprimanded for using the terms 'Dick and ass' against him. ...

To be clear, I first explained my line of thinking. I did not tell him what to do, but what I tend to do in those situations. Those were statements of fact, not instructions. Many of us repeatedly pointed out why we chose to do what we do, without expecting the guy to follow this in any way. He is an adult after all. A proper response to this is: :"Thank you I shall consider your advice, I appreciate the time it took to write it." And think, to yourself (but not say it): "I'll do whatever the f*ck I please, this was never in any doubt." A proper response would not be: "LALALALALA! I can't hear you! You are all boring and stupid and I dare you to take away my ball, you pussies!"

I also gave him space to step back and make light of it. He could have easily turned this around and said something along the lines of: "An ass? Yah, I know, I am stressed because three of my watches are not working and I don't like not being in control of this situation. Sorry for coming across as a bit rude". I do not think there is anyone here who would take offence at that. Also many of us understand this sentiment entirely, because we have been there before.

I do not agree that there was only ever one possible outcome to this. I have witnessed several rough starts here, and people who stepped over the brink, but also people who knew when to take a deep breath and step back from it. I think most of us are completely clear on the fact that this forum (as many other things in life) is a benevolent dictatorship, that is, the management is willing to listen to the plebs, but the decisions and future directions are up to it. Only when folks believe in some sort of equality, we experience issues. I am completely fine with being lower in the pecking order. That gives me total freedom to either (a) walk away whenever I want, and (b) does not require me to ever decide on anything I would rather not be deciding on (like who to ban, or whom to put in their place, and what that place actually is). In fact, I am willing to pay for the privilege to not have to make hard decisions - I get to make enough of those in my regular job.

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
Once the group had gathered he was always getting banned! we all knew that, but he had a little nudge.

I won't waste any more of members time on this but sometimes the members that are the least eloquent with a keyboard have more to offer as they have spent most of the time working with thier hands. I am not saying necessarily that it's the case here, but there are some very highly valued members that also have short fuses!

I pushed the button. We can handle a little bit of member-to-member abuse. It happens and some members even need it. However, I’m not going to allow a member to be disrespectful to a member of Staff. You can pull out any dictionary you want and that member was repeatedly disrespectful in any language. He’s gone and he ain’t ever coming back. R.I.P. Neo_one.

Reactions: Sonofalich

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I pushed the button. We can handle a little bit of member-to-member abuse. It happens and some members even need it. However, I’m not going to allow a member to be disrespectful to a member of Staff. You can pull out any dictionary you want and that member was repeatedly disrespectful in any language. He’s gone and he ain’t ever coming back. R.I.P. Neo_one.

He was an arsehole. Good riddance to Neo_one