• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sent back to china...

DavidModic

13/9/15
EU
^^ MY POINT EXACTLY. ASS

Ok then let me rephrase this, without resorting to name calling. Stop being insouciant and curmudgeonly. Other members are carefully considering whether to again engage in a conversation with someone who appears to be too self-absorbed to be able to process any comment that does not fit in their discursive episteme.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
:lol: What a wankstain !

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
Neo_one Firstly, don’t call other members geezers when they are literally giving you the advice you asked for. Makes you seem like a dick.

Secondly, read my post again. I said the ‘new’ movement your watches will receive will be of the exact same quality as the first movements in it. Whether they send you the old ones or not is moot. You will have paid $70 each for shitty dirty movements that will need a service in the near future. If you go the other route and have them ‘service’ your movements you will get a half-assed oil bath and have them thrown back into your watch.

You seem to know more than any of us, so good luck to you.

Geezer is not really a derogatory term but dick is! and to be fair to Neo_one he asked whether to have them serviced or movements replaced! most have told him he was wrong to send them in the first place - which is a bit late as they have already arrived in china! Its great that some members like to help by not answering the question or telling the op that he has goofed or he is an Ass, and then complain when he shows no appreciation of your superior wisdom! no wonder he got frustrated. Re-read the whole thread with the knowledge that Geezer is term that may be an east end term similar to Dude in the US. All the other derogatory comments made where the same as those throne at him!

There are a lot of members who have reps older than 5 years running fine without a service, they are not all ticking time bombs! I have at least 10 older that are still running perfect, it also depends how many you have and how often you rotate your collection.

Neo_one just get the movements swapped and ask for the old ones back which will be useful for spares, if they give you problems again send them to ado213 for a service, a rep friendly watch smith in the UK you can find him in this forum.

Hrcoffee10

Looking Around
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/3/19
$70 each? you would have been better getting done locally just in case you have work done and still not right.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
When have I called people names other than in response to being called a dick, arse, etc etc...if that's YOUR problem then do something about it then. GEEZER.
ex8dlKU.jpg

DavidModic

13/9/15
EU
... or he is an Ass, and then complain when he shows no appreciation of your superior wisdom! ...
I called him an ass, because he was acting like a donkey. Obstinate and blinkered. I reacted to his treatment of Asmodeus in particular, as the guy seems to be the only one of us so far, who genuinely has contacts which Chinese movement makers. His opinion matters, at least in this respect. Responding to it by saying, thanks all I wanted to hear was the second sentence, you bore me otherwise is what an ass would do.

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
Just to be clear though in the context he was using the word geezer, he meant it to be derogatory.

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
acmcc He’s already banned.

Yes I know that, he over reacted to the continual comments telling him that he had made a mistake..... and then gave Raddave attitude.

People are still telling him he should not have sent them lol - do you not think he knows that! Maybe he thought that trusted dealers were trusted.

I've seen people banned for a week for a lot worse! Maybe give him a month or a fortnight, and let him back on good behaviour? You need to realize that Geezer means something different in English and American slang.

Is nobody curious to see what comes back from China in his 3 watches? (and yes I know most of the noobs already know everything)

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
and then gave Raddave attitude.

Truth be told , i wasnt the one that pushed the button on him , i was just playing it off ;)

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
The OED glosses geezer as "A term of derision applied esp. to men, usu. but not necessarily elderly; a chap, fellow. " Its first citation is from 1885. Of the ten citations, four (including the first) explicitly say "old" in association with geezer, and I think that all are British sources. One of the citations is "1893 Northumbld. Gloss., Geezer, a mummer; and hence any grotesque or queer character. " This suggests the equation grotesque = old as the source of the association with old age. In (my intuitions about) American usage, this association has become part of the core meaning of the word, and to use geezer for a child or youth would have to be a joke or other special effect.]

I understand what you’re trying to say acmcc but I don’t believe he meant it as “great bloke”, either way it doesn’t matter.

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
Yes I know that, he over reacted to the continual comments telling him that he had made a mistake..... and then gave Raddave attitude.

People are still telling him he should not have sent them lol - do you not think he knows that! Maybe he thought that trusted dealers were trusted.

I've seen people banned for a week for a lot worse! Maybe give him a month or a fortnight, and let him back on good behaviour? You need to realize that Geezer means something different in English and American slang.

Is nobody curious to see what comes back from China in his 3 watches? (and yes I know most of the noobs already know everything)

Let me rephrase the thread a bit.

I am thinking of breaking either my left or right hand, which one should I choose? And then one guy comes and tells me, "How about breaking neither of your hands and solve your issues a better way?". But I am a stubborn dick that believes that the only right opinion is mine so I can't even remotely accept that there is more than what I chose to do and decide to call him names.

No, not cool.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
The OED glosses geezer as "A term of derision applied esp. to men, usu. but not necessarily elderly; a chap, fellow. " Its first citation is from 1885. Of the ten citations, four (including the first) explicitly say "old" in association with geezer, and I think that all are British sources. One of the citations is "1893 Northumbld. Gloss., Geezer, a mummer; and hence any grotesque or queer character. " This suggests the equation grotesque = old as the source of the association with old age. In (my intuitions about) American usage, this association has become part of the core meaning of the word, and to use geezer for a child or youth would have to be a joke or other special effect.]

I understand what you’re trying to say acmcc but I don’t believe he meant it as “great bloke”, either way it doesn’t matter.

gee·zer
/ˈɡēzər/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. 1.
    INFORMAL•DEROGATORY
    an old man.

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
Asmodeus You obviously break the one you don’t use to .. oh .. never mind, I thought we were talking about something else ..

Raddave Geez the nerve of some of these new guys!

Reactions: Raddave

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
Just to be clear though in the context he was using the word geezer, he meant it to be derogatory.

I don't think so! In the 30 years I spent in central London as a construction manager I've heard the term maybe 3000 times! and never derogatory, it basically means the same as dude! lol a crap word for an insult, its like putting DUDE in caps. My brother has lived in California for 35 years and uses the term 'behaving like a dick' way way lighter than you would use in the UK.
There's no doubt he got wound up and shirty, but a week ban would have been plenty. Don't you want to know what comes back in these watches!

Last edited: