• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Questions on Daytona movements

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
Dear friends, I'm very new in this forum and I'm learning a lot reading the various posts.

Referring to the various Daytona clone productions I could learn about many aesthetic and detailed analysis but still I couldn't understand the "chronograph" issue or better... the subdials functionalities.
Could someone explain to me if exists one movement clone 100% working included the chronograph subdials? ...or if there are productions who do this and others who don't...

Thank you for your help!

hm11esh

4/9/18
If you want a working Daytona with all the functions then you need the Noob V3 with the cloned 4130 movement

mew

18/12/15
Germany
/thread.

There were older 'Asian' movements which had a fully working Chronograph, but are much thicker in size, therefore making the Daytona unnaturally thick.

All of these were completely eclipsed by Noob (factory) who last year released an exact clone of the Rolex 4130 movement.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
/thread.

There were older 'Asian' movements which had a fully working Chronograph, but are much thicker in size, therefore making the Daytona unnaturally thick.

You mean 7750? ARF still makes their Daytonas with stripped 7750 aka "frozen chrono" and sec counter running at 6. Same ole' 7750 sans the chrono module fitted in slimmer case.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
I cannot say enough good things about this latest Noob daytona. After a bit of self regulation, the watch is so accurate and stable, in spite of the abuse it has been through (scratches, dings dents all part of its history), this will be the only rep I keep after I decide to dispose of all the other crap. And yes, the chrono works fully.

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
Thank you all for the replies!
Now I have a better idea of the various possibilities... but basically Noob V3 is a 100% clone movement with the 3 subdials properly working who vins all the others hands down!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thank you all for the replies!
Now I have a better idea of the various possibilities... but basically Noob V3 is a 100% clone movement with the 3 subdials properly working who wins all the others hands down!

While what you say about the functionality is true, I can't totally agree with your final assessment, as that is subjective.

First, Noob is quite expensive, about double what some nice A7750 models cost. The chronos are fully functional and safe to use.

ARF models have a modified A7750 that removes the possiblity of breaking your watch by simply using your chronos, a real issue with "regular" A7750 reps. ARF models are about 2/3 the cost of Noob and are widely recognized as having the best visible parts - dial, bezel, bracelet, clasp. Many ppl swap ARF parts into their Noobs because these Noob parts are inferior. The large chrono second hand on the ARF works, the 3 and 9 subdials do not. The case is slim as a result, like the gen. ARF makes some very beautiful Daytonas.

"Regular" A7750 models have fully working chronos. I put regular in quotes because the real 7750 has running seconds at 9 o'clock. The Chinese have modified it to move running seconds to 6 o'clock using transfer plates. This mod is prone to breaking and can halt the entire movement from working at all. So best advice is to not use the chronos on any A7750 rep, not just a Daytona. NEVER use the chronos, ever. These models have thicker cases, about 15mm vs 12mm gen.

There are also Daytonas made with A2813 movements. These have non functional chronos but the 3 and 9 subdials increment 1 tic with each pusher press. A cool option is to use the hour subdial to set the month and the minute subdial to set the day. The large chrono seconds hand might be frozen on these, on some models it runs all the time.

So which one is right for you? It depends on what you want. I have 5 Daytona reps, and I can tell you chronos are way over hyped. I never use them for what they are intended for in fact I never use them ever. The novelty wears off quickly and it just becomes a cool looking watch that doesn't need any playing around with.

I have 2 Noob 4130s, one is going to get modded with an ARF dial and bezel. I have 2 A7750s because the dial and bezel combos are cool and not available from ARF or Noob. The case thickness does not bother me at all, I am never around anyone with a gen and wouldn't care anyway. The last one is a vintage 6263 with self wind ST19 movement.

I'm wearing one of my A7750s today. I love this watch. The dial and bezel combo is not available by Noob or ARF. It cost $358.

15724466145210.jpg

Last edited:

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
KJ2020 would you mind posting a view to show the thickness of that watch on your wrist? I truly love the way that looks but hadn't even considered the A7750 because of the thickness. Now second guessing myself lol.

For the Noob SA4130, do you recommend getting the movement serviced? Or any of the Daytonas for that matter. I see some people talking about that, and that could be a cost to consider when comparing models.

Last edited:

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
While what you say about the functionality is true, I can't totally agree with your final assessment, as that is subjective.

First, Noob is quite expensive, about double what some nice A7750 models cost. The chronos are fully functional and safe to use.

ARF models have a modified A7750 that removes the possiblity of breaking your watch by simply using your chronos, a real issue with "regular" A7750 reps. ARF models are about 2/3 the cost of Noob and are widely recognized as having the best visible parts - dial, bezel, bracelet, clasp. Many ppl swap ARF parts into their Noobs because these Noob parts are inferior. The large chrono second hand on the ARF works, the 3 and 9 subdials do not. The case is slim as a result, like the gen. ARF makes some very beautiful Daytonas.

"Regular" A7750 models have fully working chronos. I put regular in quotes because the real 7750 has running seconds at 9 o'clock. The Chinese have modified it to move running seconds to 6 o'clock using transfer plates. This mod is prone to breaking and can halt the entire movement from working at all. So best advice is to not use the chronos on any A7750 rep, not just a Daytona. NEVER use the chronos, ever. These models have thicker cases, about 15mm vs 12mm gen.

There are also Daytonas made with A2813 movements. These have non functional chronos but the 3 and 9 subdials increment 1 tic with each pusher press. A cool option is to use the hour subdial to set the month and the minute subdial to set the day. The large chrono seconds hand might be frozen on these, on some models it runs all the time.

So which one is right for you? It depends on what you want. I have 5 Daytona reps, and I can tell you chronos are way over hyped. I never use them for what they are intended for in fact I never use them ever. The novelty wears off quickly and it just becomes a cool looking watch that doesn't need any playing around with.

I have 2 Noob 4130s, one is going to get modded with an ARF dial and bezel. I have 2 A7750s because the dial and bezel combos are cool and not available from ARF or Noob. The case thickness does not bother me at all, I am never around anyone with a gen and wouldn't care anyway. The last one is a vintage 6263 with self wind ST19 movement.

I'm wearing one of my A7750s today. I love this watch. The dial and bezel combo is not available by Noob or ARF. It cost $358.

15724466145210.jpg

I am using mine constantly. Not racing, but for cooking.LMAO

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I am using mine constantly. Not racing, but for cooking.LMAO

Ha, I hear ya bro. Way too much trouble to use them having to unscrew and use pushers while wearing the watch on the right wrist though! I just get out the egg timer!

bartez80

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/19
FL/US

15724466145210.jpg

what happened with hr hand subdial @9 looks like its run it self

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
what happened with hr hand subdial @9 looks like its run it self

Indeed it does, which illustrates my point about not using A7750 chronos at all.

When reset to zero, the hour subdial "creeps" to 3 1/4 hours and then stops forever. Every time. I may try to fix it, but more likely I will just remove and re-press the hand at 0. So then when reset to 0 it will go to 8 3/4 hours and creep to 12. If I do re-press the hand (and I probably will), I doubt I will try the reset and let it creep to 0, there's really no need.

Just live it like this since the chronos are never used anyway.

15731472436612.jpg

Xilikon

20/8/19
There is also JH 116520 (I have one) with 7750 with working chrono but seems fragile from what they said in my FS thread.

Timewellspent

Renowned Member
2/4/13
South Florida
I can tell you something I’ve been on and off this forum for a while and every since I joined the 7750 movements have always been ticking time bombs, I decided to take a chance with the arf Daytona because I personally love the products arf is coming out with and the aesthetics of arf is great however I purchased a used one and it was accidentally dropped from my family member, and the movement now is dead, I’ve had plenty of reps and they have been hit, fallen and still running strong, most watch smiths I talk to no one wants to work on a 7750 that’s also a consideration you have to take when getting that watch and also 4130 will be expensive to service however a lot more watchsmiths will work on those movements

scipy

Looking Around
10/10/21
Sorry to bring this post back from inactivity, but since it was easily found by me - maybe answers provided here might be easy to find for someone else in the future. Here's my confusion: I've decided to buy the "new" Fake Noob V8 Daytona as listed here: https://www.reddit.com/user/HONTWAT...r_jvs_submariners_starting/hfz066v/?context=3

I've received QC pics and video:
https://a201904262333275900273151.s...4262333275900273151/I202110112257009620001276
https://a201904262333275900273151.s...4262333275900273151/I202110112257056000001304

which left me confused as to the following: KJ2020 on the previous page wrote that A7750 movement has a functioning chrono but that on some versions (ARF) the 9 and 3 subdials are frozen. In the QC photos I can see that the 9 and 3 subdials are in different positions on different photos which is what had me slightly confused. Also, the video of the chrono was not long enough to see if the 3 subdial would move in 1 increment when the seconds hand finished a full rotation. I've asked for clarification on this from Hont and basically got told off and to go learn in the forum. :) Also, KJ2020 noted that the Chrono function should never be used on the A7750 since they're prone to timebombing the entire movement - is this true of this V8 FN version, too?

My apologies for the novice questions but I'm rather new to this. I understand that the V3/V4 "real" Noob is the only functional chrono out there due to 4130 movement, but it's not available anywhere.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Sorry to bring this post back from inactivity, but since it was easily found by me - maybe answers provided here might be easy to find for someone else in the future. Here's my confusion: I've decided to buy the "new" Fake Noob V8 Daytona as listed here: https://www.reddit.com/user/HONTWAT...r_jvs_submariners_starting/hfz066v/?context=3

I've received QC pics and video:
https://a201904262333275900273151.s...4262333275900273151/I202110112257009620001276
https://a201904262333275900273151.s...4262333275900273151/I202110112257056000001304

which left me confused as to the following: KJ2020 on the previous page wrote that A7750 movement has a functioning chrono but that on some versions (ARF) the 9 and 3 subdials are frozen. In the QC photos I can see that the 9 and 3 subdials are in different positions on different photos which is what had me slightly confused. Also, the video of the chrono was not long enough to see if the 3 subdial would move in 1 increment when the seconds hand finished a full rotation. I've asked for clarification on this from Hont and basically got told off and to go learn in the forum. :) Also, KJ2020 noted that the Chrono function should never be used on the A7750 since they're prone to timebombing the entire movement - is this true of this V8 FN version, too?

My apologies for the novice questions but I'm rather new to this. I understand that the V3/V4 "real" Noob is the only functional chrono out there due to 4130 movement, but it's not available anywhere.

The new slim A7750s are fully functional AFAIK bro. The 9 subdial is hours so it would take 2 revolutions of the needle on the 3 subdial to move the 9 subdial needle forward 1 hour. From all the pics and videos I don't see that the 9 subdial has moved appreciably, maybe a tiny bit to coincide with 10 minutes of elapsed chrono running time as indicated on the 3 subdial.

So these new slim A7750s are not like ARF, which achieved the slimness by removing the 3 and 9 subdial functionality completely.

Still, any fully functional (rep) A7750 should carry the same warning with it - use all available chrono functions at your own risk. While the Chinese are masters at implementing watch features onto rep movements, they do so at the absolute barest minimum cost possible. Cheap parts fail early and often.

Reactions: grillbrill