• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF vs VRF - GMT II 116710LN (clone 3186) - GAMECHANGING BATTLE.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18

Tobel

6/7/17
You can also buy from this seller on AliExpress. Very reputable seller (I have purchased parts from them before) and quite possibly the best price around.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...c00iwToNr&mp=1

Sorry for the slightly out of topic question, but does the vr3185 and sh3186 operate the same way? What I mean is can you differentiate them the way you set the time or date? I know that the 3186 has a little less play with the jumping hour but apart from that?

Also are the hands interchangeable?

Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: cap923

srhoque

28/11/18
Sorry for the slightly out of topic question, but does the vr3185 and sh3186 operate the same way? What I mean is can you differentiate them the way you set the time or date? I know that the 3186 has a little less play with the jumping hour but apart from that?

Thank you

I don't think there is a difference. In both of them in position 1 is winding, position 2 clockwise is jumping hour ahead and date and position 3 is GMT/second hand setting.

Both the VRF 3185 and ARF 3186 take the same set of gen hands, so interchangeable.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Thank you

The SH3186 jump click is based on the gen 3186. The VR3185 is based on the gen 3185, which is why RWI decided to call it the VR3185 (TDs call it SA3186).The gen 3185 jump click is a more robust part, making the VR3185 the preferred rep true clone movement. There is visible wobble in the gen and rep 3185 GMT and minute hands when hour jumping. This characteristic was corrected in the 3186.

Gen jumping hour click springs compared

Regarding the hands, all VR/SH/SA/Gen 3185/6 hands holes are *supposed to be* the same size. There is more than one report (one of them mine) of one or more ARF hands fitting loosely on VRF hands posts. So loose that the hands hole collars had to be crimped to make the hands stay in place. This is not a great solution as it can slightly contort the topside of the hand hole surround. A better solution would be retrofitting the VR movement with the ARF hands wheels, but not all of them are compatible because of the different jump clicks.

Reactions: srhoque

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
I've seen it. It looks good, but I think they went more for the colors of the earlier models of the GMT II Master (like in 2014) that rolex put out than the models Rolex currently sells. That blue is lighter. I think Noob has the best bezel insert colors if you're looking for the later GMT II models but the noob has a timebomb movement. So... you never win haha

So is this one will be the most accurate Pepsi available currently but the movement is no good?

https://puretimewatch.io/watch-bran...ion-on-bracelet-a3285-correct-hand-stack.html

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19

srhoque

28/11/18
So who has the best case and who has the best bracelet?

I'm thinking in terms of: lugs, CG's and rehaut?

Noob V10 for me (using gen bezel, crown and crystal). Amazing case polish, great CG and rehaut. Also need a custom movement holder. Unfortunately, you pay a lot more because of Noob prices. For bracelets, ARF is the way to go. However the Noob V10 SELs are perfect, so I used ARF only for screwable links and clasp.

Last edited:

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
Noob V10 for me (using gen bezel, crown and crystal). Amazing case polish, great CG and rehaut. Also need a custom movement holder. Unfortunately, you pay a lot more because of Noob prices. For bracelets, ARF is the way to go. However the Noob V10 SELs are perfect, so I used ARF only for screwable links and clasp.

Yeah, I agree for noob if doing a 126710BLRO or BLRN, but what about 116710? VRF or ARF in terms of case?

srhoque

28/11/18
Yeah, I agree for noob if doing a 126710BLRO or BLRN, but what about 116710? VRF or ARF in terms of case?

Still a Noob V10 for me, that's why my earlier comments. Others may have different opinions bit I am loyal to Noob V10 case ;)

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
Still a Noob V10 for me, that's why my earlier comments. Others may have different opinions bit I am loyal to Noob V10 case ;)
I have seen them all. Noob lugs are too fat. The crown height is a deal breaker. If noob can fix the crown height issue, one can over look the lugs.

Arf lugs are too soft and a bit fat. CGs are a bit thin. Rehaut is decent. Bracelet is the best.
V9F lugs are more defined, has the best looking CGs. The rehaut engravings is also decent. Bracelet quality is horrible.

Here you see ARF 116713ln franken vs. Gen vs. Stock V9F batman with arf bracelet

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ffmpg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/15
Witch 116710 rep haves a fully working GMT ?

Thanks in advance!!!

ryan4240

2/2/20
I have seen them all. Noob lugs are too fat. The crown height is a deal breaker. If noob can fix the crown height issue, one can over look the lugs.

Arf lugs are too soft and a bit fat. CGs are a bit thin. Rehaut is decent. Bracelet is the best.
V9F lugs are more defined, has the best looking CGs. The rehaut engravings is also decent. Bracelet quality is horrible.

Here you see ARF 116713ln franken vs. Gen vs. Stock V9F batman with arf bracelet

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Saw them as well and I can totally agree

HardVision

11/8/20
Are the VRF hands and dial available to buy on their own, or a VRF 3185/6 with dial and hands from somewhere? If so where can I find them?
Or if you want to put the VRF inners in the ARF do you just have to buy both and pice together what you want or keep an eye on the parts classifieds?
There is a set of gen bezel, dial, and hands on eBay, but those bad boys are going for $2k

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Are the VRF hands and dial available to buy on their own, or a VRF 3185/6 with dial and hands from somewhere? If so where can I find them?
Or if you want to put the VRF inners in the ARF do you just have to buy both and pice together what you want or keep an eye on the parts classifieds?
There is a set of gen bezel, dial, and hands on eBay, but those bad boys are going for $2k

It is possible to buy parts from TDs. All TDs can do this, but some factories' parts are harder to get or in some cases not available. TDs make very little profit on parts plus it's more of a hassle so their willingness to do this for a customer can vary widely and can depend on your established relationship with them and the size of your order. I almost always buy two watches at a time because it's more efficient that way from a shipping cost perspective. And I almost always include dials, hands or a bracelet in my orders. I've never tried to get VRF hands or dials, you'll just have to ask.

For the VR3185 movement this is a great seller

https://m.pt.aliexpress.com/item/40...er_id=64c9bdb4488245f483b591797a772bda&is_c=N

Reactions: HardVision

HardVision

11/8/20
KJ2020 Thank you so much! Looks like I need to find a TD that carries both ARF and VRF, that should make things much easier haha

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 Thank you so much! Looks like I need to find a TD that carries both ARF and VRF, that should make things much easier haha

TDs usually don't "carry" anything, other than previously rejected watches that another buyer might not be so picky with. All of them have similar access to all factories' merchandise, more or less.

You should have a look at this thread for a better understanding of how it all works.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...nics-within-the-replica-watch-industry-part-1

Reactions: HardVision

Kayatsu1

12/10/19

Totally agree, Noob case is the closest to gen. It's unfortunate that it's coming with a timebomb + bad bracelet, so apart in certain cases it's not the best base to mod. Hope that a maker will do a good case with a VR inside in the next future.