• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF vs VRF - GMT II 116710LN (clone 3186) - GAMECHANGING BATTLE.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Well I saw where he said that it will accept the ARF gmt bracelet. But I didnt know if the sel fit would be different. I suppose I will find out lol.

ARF bracelets have long been recognized as not only the best but also the most interchangeable. An ARF GMT fitting the VRF is a great predictor of an ARF Sub fitting it as well. Ofc nothing is guaranteed in the rep world, lol.

Reactions: Dissemination

Carbon Summit

Renowned Member
10/12/19
United States
I read this thread and KJ2020 's thread Rep Rolex GMT movements explained and it makes my head hurt! I'm even taking notes. I think the Rep factories try to make this confusing so noobs like me don't know what we are buying to make comparing prices and the different factories harder.

You guys do a great job of sorting it out so guys like me can avoid the pitfalls of buying our toys! Thank you!!!!

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Isnt the case thickness the same as gen?

I think to remember someone saying the difference in thickness is propably due to the gasket.

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought they were talking about the crystal gasket lol but I'm still getting my feet wet in the technical aspects of things. Looking at the pictures, either the caseback itself is larger than the ARF, or maybe it is the gasket that doesn't allow the caseback to screw in as tightly? Idk. Maybe someone else can chime in?

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Dissemination GMT and Sub bracelets are pretty much identical in shape within same era models, and sometimes even across eras. Here's a 5-digit JF Sub bracelet on a 6-digit Noob GMT.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...187839-noob-pepsi-gmt-126710-blro-mini-review

Ok awesome. Well I know you like glidelock clasps too. So I'll take one for the team and hope it all works out! Waiting on Tomrep to tell me how much he'll charge for the rebrush and polishing of midlinks.

Reactions: KJ2020

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19
does anyone know if the ARF bracelet on the 116710LN would fit on the Noob 126710 BLRO Pepsi CHS timebomb? I prefer the look of the BLRO bezel insert but I'm a sucker for polished centerlinks/midlinks. They did used to make the gen with an oyster bracelet with polished centerlinks...

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
does anyone know if the ARF bracelet on the 116710LN would fit on the Noob 126710 BLRO Pepsi CHS timebomb? I prefer the look of the BLRO bezel insert but I'm a sucker for polished centerlinks/midlinks. They did used to make the gen with an oyster bracelet with polished centerlinks...

I would say it's a good bet it will. Easy to flip if it doesn't.

Reactions: rabl253

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
GMF just got into the game. They've released 3 new A3186 models.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...clone-movement

KJ - What do you think about the GMF Batman insert? The pics on TS-station looks good. Good blue color and nice thin knees and depth in the digits. The only thing that makes me doubt is the white/silver color. Maybe this could be a good starting base for paint mod.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ - What do you think about the GMF Batman insert? The pics on TS-station looks good. Good blue color and nice thin knees and depth in the digits. The only thing that makes me doubt is the white/silver color. Maybe this could be a good starting base for paint mod.

It's the best looking rep Batman insert I've seen bro. Might be good OOTB, if not a Spongebob mod would be the next level upgrade. Speed bumps are vitually gone, I'd be optimistic either way.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
It's the best looking rep Batman insert I've seen bro. Might be good OOTB, if not a Spongebob mod would be the next level upgrade. Speed bumps are vitually gone, I'd be optimistic either way.

Maybe I will check with TD if he can source me just the insert. I doubt it but will try.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
For someone who is ready to sell a kidney for gen insert, maybe a good compromise is to buy the entire watch ;)

Unused parts can be remade into something else and flipped at a discount.

Reactions: srhoque

Goon3r

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/20
UK
Hi everyone,

I’ve just read all 23 pages of this thread, firstly thanks to everyone who has really took the time to dig into these pieces and disect their inner workings you’ve helped clear alot of things up for me.. whilst creating a lot more questions!

I’ve recently purchased the ARF because as mentioned it is the best GMT out of the box, and that is my intention. Im not a modder or planning on a franken or anything like that, just want something to buy and wear.

Its obvious from reading this thread however that the SH3186 has its problems. For someone who isnt a watch maker, what would you guys recommend as an approach for me to take to really max out reliability of this movement? Do i just walk into a shop and ask for a service? How much would that cost?

Also in terms of reliability, am i right in thinking that lets say the jumping hour mechanism on the movement breaks that everything still works in terms of telling/keeping time? And that the watch can still be set using the minute hand, the old fashioned way? And, does using the minute hand change the date? And does the change in date work both forwards and backwards if it can be changed with minute hand?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Apologies for all the questions, like i said, this thread whilst answering some, raises alot more haha!

Side note.. maybe one day ill buy a gen datewheel for it.

Reactions: ginopino

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Hi everyone,

I’ve just read all 23 pages of this thread, firstly thanks to everyone who has really took the time to dig into these pieces and disect their inner workings you’ve helped clear alot of things up for me.. whilst creating a lot more questions!

I’ve recently purchased the ARF because as mentioned it is the best GMT out of the box, and that is my intention. Im not a modder or planning on a franken or anything like that, just want something to buy and wear.

Its obvious from reading this thread however that the SH3186 has its problems. For someone who isnt a watch maker, what would you guys recommend as an approach for me to take to really max out reliability of this movement? Do i just walk into a shop and ask for a service? How much would that cost?

Also in terms of reliability, am i right in thinking that lets say the jumping hour mechanism on the movement breaks that everything still works in terms of telling/keeping time? And that the watch can still be set using the minute hand, the old fashioned way? And, does using the minute hand change the date? And does the change in date work both forwards and backwards if it can be changed with minute hand?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Apologies for all the questions, like i said, this thread whilst answering some, raises alot more haha!

Side note.. maybe one day ill buy a gen datewheel for it.

I can't answer all your questions, but you can just cross your fingers and hope it all works fine. Eventually, all movements will need a service though. At which point, you can either replace with a new movement, or fix with gen parts. I kind of like to just get that part out of the way in the beginning though.

misiekped is a Trusted Vendor here, and is doing some work for me. I highly recommend him. He also has the recommended gen parts for this movement available for sale in the sales section.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Goon3r if you are going to do anything with the movement, I would just go ahead and do the crystal and date wheel at the same time. You'll be verrrrry happy at this point and will be reliable for years to come!

JohnnySack

Horology Curious
25/1/19
So i read a bit through this thread and there are many who are going to franken their Watches. I cant do that, my budget wouldnt allow me that. Which watch should i buy then for ootb only. The VRF probably because of the more reliable Movement right?

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk